The Decade Club

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Yeah, DÛke wasn't banned. I think most people found him interesting or amusing or just disregarded him, except Isty...

I only remember one person here ever being banned for any length of time and he did pretty much everything he could to get banned. He would later claim that it wasn't him, but someone else masquerading as him.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Technically, no one has been banned outright (spammers just get deleted).

The one person has been placed in "purgatory", meaning he can log on and read and post, but only admins can read his posts (him and his additional logon that he created).

DUke has never been banned and did provide some spirited discussion. However, from what I remember, his views were vastly different from the majority of posters here, especially regarding 9/11, that I think he decided that aside from Magic, it wasn't worth coming here after he stopped playing.

T

train

wow - we have a purgatory...

to post, but not really post... - yep - sounds like purgatory...

Killer Joe

I still miss Whimsical. When I would read her posts I would immediately hear Sandy the Squirrel's voice from SpongBob Squarepants.

I had the distinct feeling she was from the Far East, I can't remember why though.

DUke, ah, one of my favorite invites. It was ME who brought him here. I specifically messaged him at MTGNews and gave him this site addy. I think he LOVED to see his writting on the screen and the more of it he wrote the more liked writing it and probably re-read and basked in his glory over his writting.

I can't remember the philosophy guy but weren't there others who followed him here warning us of him ripping people off on e-bay and whatnot?

How about when Current Events were called "Political Views"? We had non-magic gamers join the site just to participate in the politic discussions. WOW, now that was funny.

I can't believe that the CPA is till here. We must have some kind of record for being around this long. We've watch KIDS grow up right here on the site from snotty teenagers to,...well,....snotty adults. LOL!

The most memorable times were right after 9/11. Huh, that was 8+ years ago....

Anyone heard from Chaos Turtle? :(

S

sageridder

last I talked with duke I think he said something along the lines he after graduating he really didn't have the time to come here anymore.That was shortly after he moved down south to Kentucky I think it was. Chaos Turtle more or less moved to mtgsalvaton, but when I wished him a happy birthday years back he said he still lurked here some. Don't know if he's still posting there or not. If you really wanted to get a hold of him he has a myspace link in his profile there. I'll hit 10 on 08-20-2010 hard to believe. Lol is Houts still posting in purgatory? Remember the welcome wagons, the guy with the pie and all that.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Spiderman;288849 said:
The one person has been placed in "purgatory", meaning he can log on and read and post, but only admins can read his posts (him and his additional logon that he created).
Heh. Orgg (I think it was Orgg anyway) called it a "hell ban" which sounds way more awesome, but "purgatory" is probably a better descriptive term...

T

train

So - does Houts "see" his posts in line with all ours - but we don't see them - its like an alternate universe or so?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
KJ said:
I had the distinct feeling she was from the Far East
I'm pretty sure Whimsical was Asian, if that's what you're getting at...

KJ said:
How about when Current Events were called "Political Views"? We had non-magic gamers join the site just to participate in the politic discussions.
yeah, I can't remember if I changed it because of that or spammers... probably both.

Last time I heard from Chaos Turtle, he was just busy with work, but that WAS a long time ago (3-4 years). Does he still play Magic, do you know?

E

EricBess

Killer Joe;288895 said:
DUke, ah, one of my favorite invites. It was ME who brought him here. I specifically messaged him at MTGNews and gave him this site addy. I think he LOVED to see his writting on the screen and the more of it he wrote the more liked writing it and probably re-read and basked in his glory over his writting.
And it was DUke that specifically messaged me at MTGNews with an invite. At the time, I couldn't stand the red-on-black layout, so I only visited tentitavely. Glad that changed.

DUke was very opinionated and he would tell you where he didn't agree with your opinion, but he was never truely disrespectful that you had a different opinion. I don't think there was anything that he and I did agree on, for that matter, but we were very good friends.

I also miss CT. We had a few things that we agreed on, but only a few :D