The Daily Fiction

N

Notepad

You're not a fan of the short daily episodes, Orgg? Ah, too bad. I like them, for the reasons I've stated before, and it makes editing them MUCH easier (notice *less errors* haha :D)

Not contacting anybody about Team M94, Orgg. Doing a remix version (called Aegis rather than M94), and that I may or may not send that one to a publisher because I like the flow better. But rest assured, I have M94/Aegis stuff planned for some time now.

The daily fiction is not going to sputter out once the Team and Daughter M94 serials end.

-Seffy Sef Ro

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Notepad said:
The daily fiction is not going to sputter out once the Team and Daughter M94 serials end.
That's good to hear. But are you planning on revisiting any of the ideas you talked about before? I don't remember when exactly, but we were discussing some ideas you had, and I remember a couple of them being very interesting...

N

Notepad

Stockpile is still on the back burner, but its something I would like to get done. More recently, there's Neko-San! which should see the light of day once I get some more episodes ready.

The trouble with writing a bunch of different stories is they all tend to get steamrolled by the M94 serials. Unless they get their first few parts written (Neko-San!, Lunkheads, Stockpile) then they tend to fade into forgotten land. It's not that I like the other story ideas any less, it's just that finishing up all the M94 loose ends takes up so dang much time!

If you can remind me of something that sounded interesting, please do (Mr. Sefro Forgetfulpants Here!) Always happy to entertain requests! :D

N

Notepad

Just committing thread necromancy because I wanted to ask: Anybody have any impressions of NEKO-SAN! they wanted to share? Was it good? Did it suck? Was it...something else?

Like the front page said, its continuance depends on positive feedback, otherwise its just a back burner project (yay! Stockpile gets a playmate!)

Y

YoungBeard

I for one do not read the fiction. But only because I haven't gotten around to it yet.

N

Notepad

Haha, YoungBeard, so when you finally get around to reading, there'll be a novel's worth of episodes! ;)

Sorry for overlooking your response, Oversoul. I'm glad you liked the NEKO-SAN! series. Hopefully around holiday time I'll get back to writing more of it. The reason I was asking so much about it was because its really quite a shift from the usual. It is to the Aegis serials what Sloppy Shuffle was to Fast Effect (okay, maybe not THAT extreme, but you get the idea) so I wanted to make sure the reaction wasn't...*adverse* the way it was to Sloppy Shuffle.

EDIT: Ah, thanks so much for digging up those old notes! I've actually absorbed a lot of the ideas and names into other stories (which also puttered out like those two). I'll see about salvaging what I can, or just setting up a future project file when I'm done with the Aegis serials. Though, I have to say, the way I've set up the Aegis serials, they'll be going on for quite some time now, even at a daily rate. It doesn't all end with Henry, Meselith and Lewis, anymore.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Notepad said:
Though, I have to say, the way I've set up the Aegis serials, they'll be going on for quite some time now, even at a daily rate. It doesn't all end with Henry, Meselith and Lewis, anymore.
Ah. I still don't know what to make of the Aegis storyline. So much of it is familiar, but it is markedly different from the old M94 storyline. The contrast threw me off in the first few episodes, but I'm warming up to it...

N

Notepad

The reason for the Aegis shift (aside from being easier on titles than M94) was that I was really unhappy with how Team M94 ended up transitioning. Not to say I disliked the series. What I disliked was how it started out as a team cardplayer humor series, skipped a whole bunch of heartbeats, and got resuscitated as an action adventure series. I felt like I needed to just replace the whole beginning to make it flow better. That of course led to the idea of a complete rewrite with new twists.

Oh, and calling the main character Henry is much easier than having him named after me. Yet another annoying side-effect of the comedy-to-action switch the series undertook first run through.