The Comboist Manifesto Discussion Thread

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Yeah, I don't think it's quite that high, but given some hypothetical optimal play, I believe that the Tezzeret deck would have a decisive advantage.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Multiplayer Burn 1:
While that is a cool way of making multiplayer burn work, The Wheel is a bit expensive and a deck that goes off on turn 2 to 4 would get me kicked out of the group.
We have a very eclectic/eccentric group that puts some unique restrictions on decks and play.
Although we do not follow any banned lists (just not silver bordered cards) and no proxies. You spend 1000's on a playset of moxs, you can play them.

1) 75 card deck minimums (this is to allow the game play to continue for more than 7 turns, many people travel 1 hour or more to play and don't want to have the game end in 10-20 minutes)
2) Starting on turn 8, there is a virual howling mine that is a may draw, not have to draw. This allows the game to speed up some.
3) No infinite loop combos. It's a gentleman's (persons?) agreement, sort of like Spidey's take on tribal games. Although yours is not infinite , it's damn close. (See #1 for reason)
4) In most of our multiplayer games, one player does not need to do all the damage to kill their opponents, most of your opponents will take shots at each other.
5) KJ is especially good at getting other players to do his dirty work, just by his deck. Cards that say, "This is not the player you want to attack/target." Like propaganda and such stuff.
6) just being able to deal 10+ damage to all opponents may be enough to win the game, or being able to target one player with 20+ damage (for that player that gets to much board position and becomes the one to oppose)
7) Counter is always an issue with this group, although I am the leader for using split second and stifle type cards..... Mostly on a scepter.

Guttersnipe, Sizzle and Flame Rift is a great combo for our types of games.

T

Terentius

Oversoul said:
When Wizards of the Coast shifted the color pie, they stopped printing Dark Ritual and such, instead giving that effect to red.
The above was in your article. To what are you referring about the color pie being shifted?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
The above was in your article. To what are you referring about the color pie being shifted?
This is something they did deliberately starting in the early 2000's. The idea behind certain effects going with certain colors was shifted. So they stopped printing Disenchant and came out with Naturalize. They stopped printing Dark Ritual and came out with Seething Song. Propaganda became Ghostly Prison. Mana Flare was replaced with Heartbeat of Spring. But I was referring specifically to the mana-producing "ritual" spells that black used to get (Dark Ritual, Cabal Ritual, Songs of the Damned, Culling the Weak, etc.) being phased out, allowing red to inherit that sort of effect (Seething Song, Pyretic Ritual, Rite of Flame, etc.), which helps fast red combo decks.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
New article submitted last night, by the way. We'll see when it shows up. It's a long one. Yeah, yeah, I'm sorry.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
How about I put it up next week? Don't wanna overwhelm the front page with two articles the same week :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Sure, sorry about that. I type fast so I can take the article submission page back down right away, so I missed that.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Submitted Part 2 of my series on the Legacy banned list. For those uninterested in Legacy, I should be getting back to more casually-oriented articles in a couple of weeks...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It's up! I'm confused though, the list at the end has Worldgorger Dragon on it although the last thing says it was unbanned.