The Comboist Manifesto Discussion Thread

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
As you may have seen, comments directly on CPA articles have become problematic due to the comment queue being flooded with spam. Turgy suggested moving that here. While having a thread for every one of my articles is overkill, I figure there should be at least one thread, so I'm starting one. This is that thread. I don't know how much, if any discussion there will be about my articles, but there is now a thread for it, which, as I said, is this thread.

For your convenience, I'll list and link to all articles in The Comboist Manifesto so far...

Volume III
1. The Season
2. The History of the Legacy Banned List Part 3

Volume II
1. Wheel in Flames
2. The History of the Legacy Banned List Part 1
3. The History of the Legacy Banned List Part 2
4. Return to the Origin

Volume I
1. Introduction
2. Explanation
3. Combo Elements in Deckbuilding
4. Combo Breakfast
5. Theorycrafting the ABC's of Combo
6. Born of the Gods Set Review
7. Oops, All Spells!
8. Heroes vs. Monsters Review
9. Ad Nauseam Card Spotlight
10. The Storm Count
11. First Edition Retro Set Review Part 1
12. First Edition Retro Set Review Part 2
13. First Edition Retro Set Review Part 3
14. First Edition Retro Set Review Part 4
15. First Edition Retro Set Review Part 5
16. First Edition Retro Set Review Part 6
17. First Edition Retro Set Review Part 7
18. Intermission On Terrible Wings
19. First Edition Retro Set Review Part 8
20. Journey Into Nyx Set Review
21. Special M15 Prerelease Edition
22. M15 Set Review
23. The Storm Count 2, Dredging Up a New Article
24. Dredge Overview
25. Onslaught Fetchlands
26. Khans of Tarkir Set Review
27. Ascend
28. Elspeth vs. Tezzeret Review

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
New article submitted. The title might be in error. I think I put "Article 12" in the title. This week's article is actually Article 13. Realized that after I submitted it...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Good thing I remembered to submit Part 4 before I went to bed! It had slipped my mind all week. Anyway, the order of cards has obviously been rather haphazard here, but this new installment has some of my favorites: the worst misprints in Alpha, and some of Magic's most notorious cards.

I'm embarrassed to admit that I don't have any idea how far into the A/B/U retro review I actually am. I could count the cards to see, but counting is for nerds.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
It's legal in the U.S., so long as one isn't using a computer to do it. Alas, I never leave my computer.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Part 6 of the A/B/U review should be ready. Actually, I think it's ready now. I just need to remember to email it to Spidey. So yeah, that should be showing up on schedule. However, I may not be on much, if at all, other than that for this week. I'll be out of town a lot.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Part 7 has not yet been submitted to Spidey. I've been busy with my new job and I'm too tired to finish it right now. I will submit it to Spidey later today, but hopefully not too late. I do not have work today, so I'll have time. I'll also finally have time to update the Warhammer Quest thread, for those of you involved with that. However, I'll be gone tomorrow (Friday) and probably all weekend, so I'll have to put off anything that isn't finished until next week, I guess. But for the next article, that shouldn't matter because it's nearly finished anyway and I'll be on all day today once I wake up. I'd email the thing to Spidey right now, but it's not quite done and I'm dead tired. Status update later. I sleep now.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
New article not going to be submitted yet, as I haven't been home enough to finish it. I missed a couple, but I'll get some articles submitted at some point soon...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Article count in the article titles is all over the place now. I'll get it right in this thread at some point. I submitted a Journey Into Nyx review at some point, but it hasn't come up yet. Should I resubmit that one, Spidey?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
If you know when you sent it, I can see if I overlooked it, but yeah, probably best to re-send for now.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Just submitted the latest article, having forgotten to earlier. I don't have time to update this thread with links right now as I'll be out of town yet again. Maybe when I get back...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I do have a new article for this week, but I got home from work so late yesterday and today that I never got a chance to finish the thing. I should have plenty of time tomorrow evening to finish the article and send it to Spidey, so if he's around on Friday, it could go up then. We'll see what happens...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Day off? I don't understand. I think maybe I had something like that at some job in the past, but it seems like such a long time ago...

Anyway, I guess I'll have this one for Monday, then. It's nearly done. Maybe I'll even have time to write another next week and submit two in the same week!