The Card That Drives You Insane

F

fuzzy510

What is the one card that would make your deck insanely powerful that you've never been able to get? Note: Things like Black Lotus don't count, because what self-respecting MtG player DOESN'T want a Lotus?

H

Hetemti

I could use a few Libraries of Alexandria...if only the f'n catholics hadn't burned it down because it's books were smarter than the pope's book...but I suppose we need tyrants to make the world work.

Also, Lotus isn't that godlike...it's just a stimpak, albeit a good one.

I'd like to give a constructive reply to your question, but I have many decks that are in want of decent cards. That, and no one card could make any of my decks insanely powerful because all my decks suck.

M

Mundungu

I recently got the two card I was aching for : Moat and Library of Alexandria and am in search of inspiration right now on what my big next quest is gonna be.

Z

Zadok001

Could use some Duals right now. :) Actually, I would most want 4 Nether Spirits and 3 more Arenas, but that's another matter.

E

Ephrils

Probably Timetwister, my artifact decks are in desperate need of a blue hand refiller that's decently cheap. I usually splash in red for Wheels, but blue does the card drawing thing so much better.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
My pet deck is my Manabarbs deck so to make it "insanely" powerful, I'd probably need Moxes and the like.

Lower than that would be a set of four for each of the Dual Lands I use in it (or could use, were anything goes).

For Standard, I have no idea.

E

ErinPuff

I'd been going insane for a Skizzik, but I finally got one a few weeks ago.. now I just need three more :)

S

Sammy Dead-O

Thwart. I just have one, and they're harder to find than I woulda thought...

E

Ephrils

Originally posted by Spiderman
Hawaiian Mage: Sharazad is going to make your deck insanely powerful? ;)
It's always fun to Fork, ya never know :p

H

HumanError

Juzam Djinn. A thousand times Juzam. I desperately need Juzams, I feel like half a black mage without having any Juzams. It hurts...inside.

H

Hawaiian mage

It makes ANY deck insanly powerfull! Even if it doesn't have white mana, it makes it extreamly powerfull!

H

Hetemti

Fun thing about Sharazad:

We all know and hate False Dawn, right? Well, in case you don't know, the thing got eratta'd BIG TIME. The only thing left the same is the "Draw a card" clause. I think I know why...

The original text bleached "All cards you own that are not in play" until end of turn. Cast this, then Saharazad.

All your cards in Saharazad are now white, because you own them, but they aren't in play in the world of False Dawn, and they stay that way until Saharazad's game is finished, because False Dawn's turn is waiting on Sharazad to complete. Therefore, False Dawn gave you a free, undisenchantable Celestial Convergance in Sharazad.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I did read that the eratta was becuase of a nasty combination with "an old obscure card", to paraphrase. :p

H

Hawaiian mage

Why would you go through all that trouble for making your cards white..?

All I know is Sharazard is the coolest card ever. I made an apprentance deck with them, no one ever won a game... ever... no one... after 50 duels... no one... ever... won... Hwaa ha ha ha!

M

Mundungu

probably because most of the oppenents conceded out of boredome ... or most of the games were a draw !

I

Istanbul

That's tough.

I want another Cursed Scroll. Then I'd have all I needed.
I also want about...TWELVE Libraries of Alexandria. Almost all of my decks could benefit from the addition of one.
Oh, and it'd be nice to get a Mox Sapphire for my blue deck...though not crucial.

E

Ephrils

Originally posted by Hetemti
Fun thing about Sharazad:

We all know and hate False Dawn, right? Well, in case you don't know, the thing got eratta'd BIG TIME. The only thing left the same is the "Draw a card" clause. I think I know why...

The original text bleached "All cards you own that are not in play" until end of turn. Cast this, then Saharazad.

All your cards in Saharazad are now white, because you own them, but they aren't in play in the world of False Dawn, and they stay that way until Saharazad's game is finished, because False Dawn's turn is waiting on Sharazad to complete. Therefore, False Dawn gave you a free, undisenchantable Celestial Convergance in Sharazad.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I did read that the eratta was becuase of a nasty combination with "an old obscure card", to paraphrase. :p
*LOL* That's awesome. So what has the errata on the card been fixed to?