the big boom deck (corny burn)

R

Reverend Love

Even on paper I already love it. The cornball ‘ness of it all is just so appealing. Pretty self-explanatory.

Kaboom..the Japanese must REALLY hate this card because every shop I've ever seen it at usually has it listed around 18-30 Yen...that's roughy 25 cents give or take. Needless to say I've picked a few up..time to put'm to work!

I on the other hand really like Kaboom. The potential for mucho damage is there. Remember it deals the converted mana cost in damage to ALL target players.

Erratic Explosion helps it’s bigger bro do the dirty work...hopefully their second cousin’s, roommate’s, paperboy, Mirari will show up for the party.

Both Kaboom and Erratic Explosion would stink to all mighty if we didn’t stack the deck in our favor. Spy Network (Like this card..even the name and picture) and brainstorm help out in this department. Lot's of stuff for the stacking as well Avatar of Fury, Searing Wind, Pyrokinesis or Time Stretch all do the trick.

Great thing is the almighty Avatar is a multiplayer beast! Casting one is usually pretty easy due to Elves, Tokens or whatever horde somebody’s summoning. Searing Wind is a joke...unless you've been hit by one. Time Stretch...who couldn't use a few extra turns?

Threw in a few alternate cost spells as well..didn't want to be stuck holding all this fat without nothing to do. Pyroknesis works good with Kaboom, Erratic Explosion and it's good'ol fashion burn.

Scroll Rack is another possible Stacker. With the added plus of possible getting a fatty out of your hand while drawing a Kaboom or Explosion.

Can't beat the classic Sol Ring.

Mirari is just icing on the Boom cake.

The lonely Soldevi Excavations in my binder have been giving me the stink eye for not using in the last ooh..year or so...finally got one for it.

Comments/Suggestions?

Main Cards: 8
4 Kaboom
4 Erratic Explosion

Big Spells: 7
2 Searing Wind (10 mana)
1 Time Stretch (10 mana)
4 Avatars of Fury (8 mana)

Stacking Cards: 8
4 Spy Network
4 Brainstorm

Extra Spells: 10