The Big 0

S

Spart

I have, but I think it's worse with the let down of seeing that you do have one reply (much anticipated) and then finding out it's just a one liner! :)

D

Dune Echo

Ross,
You want lots of people to reply? Start something controversial. Don't say someone else's deck sucks. Say something like, "Does anyone have ideas on why yada yada yada?" Or, "I think Thorn Elemental should be banned. It's entirely too powerful." People will want to argue with you. Just make it something you believe and can back up. If you want, start a thread about a particular deck type. Say, "Hey, do you guys have any great multiplayer/all-common decks? What are some general strategies I should follow? Why does Landslide suck so much?" Etc.

------------------
Dune Echo

... and no, the Waylay ruling and Thawing Glaciers ruling don't have a damn thing in common. A lot more people like me whined in favor of Waylay!

T

theorgg

I know the EXACT feeling.

I think me and you are the kings of it.

-theorgg
I'm bigger than I think, I think.

I

Ihsans Shade

Has anyone noticed how that feeling you get when you look over your posts and no one has replied? It really kinda sucks. I mean, here I am same as ever, waiting for some one to post something on your post, you look for the title, check out the replies, and you get a 0, Zip, zap, zilch. Nada thing. Let me tell you my mood goes the way of the dinosaurs. Have any of you noticed that?

I am...
Ihsan's Shade.

I

Ihsans Shade

Your right Spart, the one liners are a bit anoyying, but only if is the only one.

By the way, welcome.

I am...
Ihsan's Shade
And I am waaaay to sexy for this post

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Been there, done that...

Kinda' makes me wonder what it is we're trying to accomplish here.

Any thoughts?

TomB
CPA Member

"I do not teach. I simply reveal."
-Daudi, Femeref tutor

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know. I mean, I guess what I'm asking of the group is to answer the question:

Are we still trying to gather a coalition of casual players in an effort to try and influence WotC in such a way as to protect the future of the game we love, Magic?

Or have we mellowed into a group of casual players all sitting by the fireside having a chat through our keyboards?

I mean, is anyone still interested voting on Magic issues and passing the results on to WotC? The last time I checked the voting booth still has the same 3 questions up that have been there since the CPA's inception.

With the same rather sad vote totals. :(

Is this group going to try and stand up for the rights of the forgotten ones - the casual players - or are we here only to party with each other?

What's up guys?

TomB
CPA Member

"I do not teach. I simply reveal."
-Daudi, Femeref tutor

I

Ihsans Shade

I think the answer to your question is that we are still gathering. The internet is a big place. Any way we need alot more people if we are even going to make an attempt to influence on a major company. Even when we get 100 members we will still need about as many casual players as members as there are pro players, which is like a gazillion. So for the mean time we are just a bunch of weirdos who are having a giant fire side chat through are keyboards, but it won't be like that forever.

Slightly Depressed
Ihsan's Shade

Ferret

Staff member
I'm not sure if we're ready to start influencing the game per se. I'm more interested in influencing people's perceptions of the game and the way it's played. I think it would be great if someone just found something that concerns them (ie, ticks them off) and write an article. Don't be timid - I won't.

-ferret

"CPA: over 6 billion annoyed!"

S

Shadowfire

I have an idea for an article. What do I need to do to submit it?

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
RE: the voting both--
The new members don't even know where it is. I don't really want people voting on it currently anyway, as I'm about to move it over here. (Yes, the colors are redone!)

RE: influence on WotC--
I'd like it to happen, but I'm not sure how probable/feasible it is. WotC is a huge company, and 100 (hell, 5000) isn't going to make them change their ways. Now, 15 or 20k might, but are we going to reach that number?

RE: influence on players--
This is much more feasible and probable. We only have to change one person--one mind. Not 300 CEOs. I think this is a much better goal to look at for now.

RE: submission of articles--
for now send them here: bodies@rocketmail.com .
Soon (end of the year maybe) there will be a new setup, where you just fill out a form to submit it. An editor reads it and makes any changes for grammar/clarity, and submits a form. A CGI script then generates the article page and updates a database with a list of articles. Complex system, eh? :)

-mike

I

Ihsans Shade

Ed-two things, yes it is complex, and two of course one player is easier, they are like us, if not us, strange, and demented.

I

Ihsans Shade

*Click* On goes the light. Do we have just a baner on the MOTL? because if we do why don't we see if the dojo will let us have one on it's site, how about dragonscroll? If we get about one to two new members every day with just one banner imagine if we could cut deals with other sites to let us do that. we could be getting dozens in one time! If we can get the banners on other sites we can get to that 15, or 20K that we could influence in a few years, as oppose to just 1 or 2K in that same time frame. Heck maybe if we went to Yahoo we could double, if not triple are numbers in a matter of months. What do you think guys?

really pumped...
Ihsan's Shade

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
And how much do you want to pay?
Leshrac really cut us a deal with free ads. You should check out his prices.

-mike

Ferret

Staff member
Do you think MTG News would let us put a banner up? From the looks of things they're not trying to sell anything and I like a lot of the material in their bulletin boards...

-ferret

"...and I think I've seen a few of our members there..."