The Best White Weenies of All Time

R

rakso

http://www.bdominia.addr.com/discus/messages/9/9146.shtml?

I spent a little time writing up a basic guide to White Weenie for a friend, but wanted to make sure of a few points, like the writeup on Rebels (it's posted on Beyond Dominia as a draft).

I was wondering if I got the top WW picks right, though. Using a Type I selection, they'd be:

1cc
Savannah Lions
Icatian Javelineers
Mother of Runes
Soul Warden

2cc
White Knight
Order of Leitbur
Order of the White Shield
Longbow Archer (weakest one here)
Soltari Priest
Soltari Monk
Warrior en-Kor
(possibly Steadfast Guard)

3cc
Thunder Spirit (not quite sure of this one, but if it is, then Pegasus Charger is also good)
Phyrexian War Beast
Chimeric Idol
Paladin en-Vec
(possibly Diving Griffin; too bad Preacher can't be in!)

4cc
Masticore
(too bad Blinking Spirit is too weak!)

5cc
Serra Angel
Blinding Angel
Jeweled Spirit
Mageta

What would you guys think? (Rebels, by the way, were intentionally left out, since Lin-Sivvi is only good because of the other creatures in the deck, so it's a little tough to gauge.)

PS -- Came up with some interesting notes. For example, I think there's exactly one white weenie that can block a Morphling and keep it at bay without getting killed. (You're welcome to guess. It's partly a rules lawyer question, but does not involve weird abilities or timing rules. Plus, the card is a common.)

D

Duel

Disagree:
Order of Leibur
Order of White shield

How can you like these over longbow archer? Unless they're playing black, the archer is much more effective, usually.

I don't think the idol is white, or the war beast. And the thunder spirit isn't all that good. ww has very few good three-drops.

Masticore is also unwhite, and blinking spirit is god, it MUST be there.

Jeweled spirit isn't that good, IMHO.

U

Ura

I agree with Duel that Longbow archer is better then the pump knights in most cases.

Thunder Spirit was a bomb a long time ago, but now its much less effective, still a great card though.
Between this, Pegasus Charger, Paladin En-Vec, and Knight of Dawn there isn't much else for a good 3cc drop as far as creatures go.

I never cared much for the Javalineers as a 1 drop myself, I was more of a Tundra Wolf person. ^^

The only 4cc critters I'm fond of in WW are Tormented Angel and Angelic Protector just because they're both somewhat difficult to kill and you don't have to constantly recast them like you do blinky, though blinky kicks butt too. The last is the under used but lots of fun Knights of Thorn. They're not great by some peoples standards, but at the time a pro-red creature was incredible, could stop a ball lightning cold. ^_^

The white weenie creature that can block a morphling indefinately without dying is the Voice of Reason (3W, 2/2, Flying, Protection from Blue). Knight of Dawn can also do this as long as the morphling doesn't fly over it, same with Mother of Runes. All are uncommon though, off the top of my head I can't think of a common one.

[Edited by Ura on 12-29-00 at 02:08 AM]

D

Duel

Paladin en-vec is a decent three-drop, but I'd rather have a white Trained Armadon. No chance of that though, huh? Okay, I can see why you'd use chimeric idol.

WW goes
1 drop
2 drop
1 & 2 drop
2 & 2 drop

Meaning with good enough 1 & 2 drops, you can win. Hopefully.

R

rkoelsch

Neither is Soltari visionary both 2/2 with nice abilities for 3cc. My extended WW deck uses 2 Paladin and 2 Champions with visionaries in the SB

G

Gizmo

(Agrees with Duel)
What`s at 3cc and above is irrelevant.
BTW: Surely the most important card in a T1 deck would be Tithe?

These are in order of wheaty goodness.

1cc
Savannah Lion
Icatian javelineer
Mother Of Runes
(run out of good options)

2cc
Soltari Priest
Soltari Monk
White Knight
Longbow Archer

3cc (if you`re desperate for a 3cc guy)
Soltari Champion
Soltari Visionary
Zhalfirin Crusader
maybe
Paladin En-Vec

[Edited by Gizmo on 12-29-00 at 04:46 PM]

D

Duel

Yeah, in fact, WW is aggro-control, as the 4 level includes geddons, waves, and other cards of plentiful goodness

D

Dead

I always wanted to try white weenie using glittering lynx / lion from prophecy, along with geddon and variants to ensure no-one can pay, then maybe en-kor creatures to shift damage around and provide a bit more muscle. Any suggestions?

D

Duel

Safer using en-kors with MoR's, I think. glittering creatures are too situational.

C

Cateran Emperor

Dead, go speak with Ura, our resident Glittering Kitty King ;)