Siege Gang Commander

G
Deranged Hermit

A
Stuffy Doll

All I can come up with really :)

B

BigBlue

Call me old school all you want, but I don't see much better than Serra Angel & Sengir Vampire...

They aren't necessarilly the sexiest picks out there... But they are pretty damn cool for 5 Mana... And Blue which was supposed to be the element of Air gets the boring Air Elemental in the same slot... no abilities whatsoever...

I'm a HUGE fan of SpiritMonger in the 5 CC slot for Gold cards.

Artifact at 5... How about Lifeline.

I'd have to think about Red, Blue, and Green...

R

rokapoke

Hey KJ, the Hammer of Bogarden may have a nasty ability with a CC of 5 mana, but the spell itself costs only 3.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
White: Reveillark. This one's easy. Reveillark is amazing. Some of my runners up would be Karmic Guide, Rout, Serra Angel, Scars of the Veteran, and Blinding Angel. Other cool ones that aren't as good but that could be nice in casual decks are Zuberi, Mageta the Lion, Winds of Rath, and Radiant.

Blue: Force of Will. Blue has so many good 5cc cards that it's tough to choose just one, but Force of Will has been around for a long time and has ALWAYS been a huge influence on every format where it was present. Some runners up might be Tezzeret, Gush, Misdirection, Treachery, Future Sight, Dream Halls, Morphling, Evacuation, and Body Double. And some more cool ones are Thoughtcast, Scrivener, Scalplalexis, Traumatize, Time Warp (and Temporal Manipulation), Sunder, Parallel Thoughts, Mist of Stagnation, Ixidron, Cowardice, Bribery, Battle of Wits, Azami, and a bunch of other cards.

Black: Street Wraith. Yeah, I know. If that doesn't count, I'd go with Ad Nauseam. My runners up are Contagion, Hatred, Phyrexian Plaguelord, Living Death, Shriekmaw, and Call to the Grave. I also like Skirge Familiar, Yawgmoth's Agenda, Sengir Vampire, Haunting Echoes, Forbidden Crypt, Death Pits of Rath, Greater Harvester, and Conspiracy.

Red: Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker. For some reason, most of the good red cards don't cost five mana. But I guess some runners up are Shard Phoenix, Covetous Dragon, Apocalypse, Torchling, Siege-Gang Commander, and Goblin Scouts.

Green: Saproling Burst. But I'm biased. Most of the good green cards in this mana cost range are big creatures. It's cool, but it gets a bit redundant. Some runners up I'd choose are Golgari Grave-Troll, Genesis, Overrrun, Arrogant Wurm, Bounty of the Hunt, Deranged Hermit, Gigapede, and Battlefield Scrounger. Maybe also Ageless Entity, Weatherseed Treefolk, Doubling Season, Voice of the Woods, Centaur Glade, Seedborn Muse, Restock, Plow Under, Endless Wurm, and Nature's Revolt.

Multicolored: Sliver Queen. The competition for in this one is surprisingly solid. Runners up are Sky Hussar, Spiritmonger, Mirari's Wake, Cadaverous Bloom, and Shivan Wurm. Some other cool multicolored choices are Sliver Overlord, Sliver Legion, Teferi's Moat, Frenzied Tilling, AEther Mutation, and Sek'Kuar.

Artifact: Memory Jar. Hands down. This is the best investment of 5 mana in the game. Other than maybe Ad Nauseam, Memory Jar is in a league of its own. My runners up: Panoptic Mirror, Stuffy Doll, Mishra's Helix, Leveler, Karn, Gilded Lotus, Razormane Masticore, Lich's Mirror, Lifeline, Puffer Extract, and Mirari. Some other cool 5cc artifacts are Eon Hub, Storm Cauldron, Thran Golem, Coat of Arms, Gauntlet of Power, Ring of Ma'Ruf, Belbe's Portal, and Dragon Arch.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Didn't I see Battle of Wits in some tournaments at some point?
Cowardice is a very annoying card for 5cc.
Followed Footsteps is 5cc
Gush, Parallel Thoughts, Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir, Traumatize and Scalpelexis are all 5cc

But yeah, FOW is just amazing.......

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Edited my post to include the multicolored cards. I forgot how many goods ones there are. B/G gets Spiritmonger AND Cadaverous Bloom for five mana. Crazy...

Mooseman;278852 said:
Didn't I see Battle of Wits in some tournaments at some point?
It's quite possible. Decks built around Battle of Wits used to be used in both Standard and Extended.

Cowardice is a very annoying card for 5cc.
Followed Footsteps is 5cc
Gush, Parallel Thoughts, Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir, Traumatize and Scalpelexis are all 5cc

But yeah, FOW is just amazing.......
Yeah, blue owns the "most good cards at five mana" contest. It would probably happen at other mana costs too, though.

M

mythosx

Sliver Queen...Sliver Overlord in second...and trailing distantly is Sliver Legion.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
White: I'll take Rout out of the discussion since it's usually best cast at 5WW. That being said, I'll agree with Reveillark: too much of an impact off of one card.

Blue: FoW. No doubt. No doubt. I like Evacuation as well (personally), along with Traumatize and Dream Halls. But FoW ftw.

Black: Phyrexian Plaguelord and Living Death are two favorites of mine and I'm going to give the none to the Plaguelord. Street Wraith is just, repeat JUST, a deck thinner. It does NOT impact the game other than draining your life and improving your draws. Is it good, yes. But, I'd hardly put it in discussion here. Plaguelord isn't close to the best card ever, but black is lacking in the 5cc department. Plaguelord is as good as it gets for me.

Red: Shard Phoenix. I almost thought of putting the two headed giant here, but this card is just annoying. Lave Axe is nice, too. Again, not a lot of power here for 5cc.

Green: Plow Under. No question. It's powerful, annoying, and it affects the game for two turns after it's played.

Artifact: I'll agree with Oversoul and suggest Memory Jar. How many cards were banned as fast as this one was? I rest my case.

Gold: Cadaverous Bloom. All I have to say is "Do I really have to go through the motions?"

Land: Hmm..... I'll have to get back to you on this one.

Ransac, cpa trash man