The Arcbound deck (Mirrodin Block)

M

Mikeymike

Originally posted by Rooser
What you need to do is combine them with other cost effective creatures. Ornithopter and Darksteel Brute seem like the best way to go here. Animating a darksteel brute in response to mass removal? Bah-roken.
Just want to give Rooser some props here, as Ornithopter is often being used as one of the primary kill cards in Ravager-Affinity.

T

train

yeah a beefed up flying thopter early game is hard to beat... but the hands have to be just right for the thopter...

"and hopefully I have the one card I need...";)

I

Izaryo

think about this with the arcbounds....

Spike Cannibal
1BB
Creature-Spike
Spike cannibal comes into play with two +1/+1 counters on itWhen spike Cannibal comes into play remove all +1/+1 counters from all creatures to spike cannibal

T

train

that's actually pretty good thinking Izaryo...:D :cool:

But you then lose all the modular guys so you might want some sort of reanimation to bring them back...

"It's easier to get rid of 1 creature than many...";)

R

Rooser

Yes, Gizmo, I win this round.;)

When I suggested Ornithopter and Darksteel Brute I meant it for casual play, but time has shown that ye-olde Ornithopter is now one of the primary kill conditions in Type 2's top deck. Oh the things I have lived to see!

Wow, Skullclamp and Ravager changed affinity decks so much: Before Darksteel it was Welding Jar that was the zero-cost artifact of choice. Suddenly it's Ornithopter now. Weird.

T

train

It is odd to see... Hopefully my banishings are in hand...

Maybe they should call it:

"Chop-O-thopter"

instead of Ravager Affinity...:D