Taysir
Daria
Freyalise
Kristina of the Woods
Bo Levar
Commodore Guff
Tevash Szat
Lord Windgrace

which is the most powerful, and what will they do in planeshift?

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

They brought Kristina of the Woods from Mtg: Battlemage into the full story???? That's bad. The only possible reason I can think of for doing that (that Hasbro would make WotC do, that is) is to boost sales for that cruddy attempt at a Magic vidoegame. Unfortunately, maybe Hasbro thinks that that game will bring them lots of money.

Sorry, you'll have to excuse me, I don't know much about the current storyline, but I can't really tell, because I don't even know who three of those people are, and only recognize Daria and Taysir from passing mention on cards...

Oh well,... I dunno, Urza???? How much power does he still have?

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

Urza's probably the most powerful, but i like Tevash Szat, why, well why not?

C

Cateran Emperor

It's really a draw between them. They're all Planeswalkers so they all have huge amounts of power with one colossal personality flaw.

It comes down to Szat or Urza.

Urza suffers from being unable to accept the opinions of others and fails to explain why when asked.

Szat has more raw power, but he's a maniac. It's the same thing as setting an oil tanker on fire and letting it go at top speed. Sure it's powerful, but how are you gonna steer the thing?

F

FoundationOfRancor

He has the power-stone eyes.

And there all going to invade phyrexia in planeshift. (The planeswalkers, I mean)

C

Cateran Emperor

I think the plan was to invade Phyrexia, but Rath fades in so they have to stop Crovax's reinforcements.

M

Multani

Technicallly, Yawgmoth is not a planeswalker. On Phyrexia, he has the power of a planeswalker, but he can't really planeswalk. Also, I'm not sure about him being the most powerful 'walker...

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

i'm sure he is, why would Urza need 9 planeswalkers to battle him, i know they have to get through the 9 spheres of phyrexian, but c'mon, isn't the average inner sphere member, up there power wise, i mean look at gix

M

Multani

That's basically what I said. I said Yawgmoth has the POWER of a planeswalker, but he can't really planeswalk.

Gix was relatively powerful because when Urza battled him, Urza was still relatively inexperienced.

C

Cateran Emperor

Correct oh lord of trees, Yawgie Bear is not a planeswalker.

I'd go in depth about this, but it's past 1 AM and I need sleep. I'll relate the whole story tomorrow if everything hasn't resolved itself.

M

MrXarvox

is not a planeswalker. If he ever left Phyrexia, he would probably lose nearly all of his power. I imagine him as some dessicated thran-oid; suspended and encased in machines. Perhaps his body is gone?
I don't know. But I can tell you, that Yawgmoth himself will never leave Phyrexia. He's got the power of a planeswalker, which by the way is extremely intense. They're gods in a way, don't forget. Urza needs nine planeswalkers to invade Phyrexia because Phyrexia is so horribly unfriendly to anything living, regardless of planeswalking ability. in fact, I'm fairly sure that nothing living will remain that way in the 9th sphere.
Nine non-phyrexian planeswalkers in Phyrexia, can probably be assumed to have the total power of about one or two. Yawgmoth could kick any planeswalker's arsze alone, simply because he is the equivalent of something that thankfully could never happen: a Phyrexian planeswalker. But When 9 of them come in, well, that will be fun to watch.

[Edited by MrXarvox on 12-30-00 at 05:02 AM]

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

i doubt he'd lose all his power, he'd probably still be strong on dominaria, because he'd have built himself up enough so that it wouldn't matter, granted that most of his "almighty" power does come from phyrexia

A

arhar

Hmmmm... I thought he was. Thanks for the correction everyone.

I don't really think Urza could kick ass of ANY planeswalker though. I mean, he almost got killed by Gix, and only beat him with the help from Xantcha and Ratepe

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

thats what i said, but what i've been told, is that when he battled gix, even though gix was a very powerful yawgmoth praetor, he overpowered urza simply becaus urza was inexperienced, and weak from prior confrontations while in phyrexia with Xantcha

M

MrXarvox

Yeah.. that was far back in the day, when Urza was still bent on direct revenge. He was lacking in experience; he had been a planeswalker for I think only a few years.
Gix, on the other hand, was a centuries-old Yawgmoth Praetor.
And yet it only took two mortals' lives to allow Urza to defeat Gix.
That's quite the show of power, actually.
I can say without any doubt that Urza could beat any of the other eight planeswalkers. All would take a lot of effort and would grievously wound him.
But he would be victorious in all cases. With the mightstone and weakstone for eyes, his power is boosted considerably. No other planeswalker can claim to have that advantage.

T

TheShieldBearer

In the artifacts cycle book II "Planeswalker" Urza and Xantcha go to that one world that starts with an E. Anyhow there were a couple there right? Because they warn her that even Urza might not make it back from the mountains. And since they could destroy Urza, somehow then I would say one of those people are the strongest? Huh? or am i bein stupid
ok bye

M

Multani

You forgot that Multani's spirit also helped Urza. Don't forget that.

Shieldbearer: I don't know what you said, but during that book, I think Urza still had been a planeswalker for less than 1 millenia.

C

Cateran Emperor

No Multani, you didn't help out Urza when he fought Gix. That was quite some time before he ever met you (when fighting K'rrik, or some such combination of letters)

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

i believe there is and e in there somewhere, i sympathize