That Lifegift thing...

Discussion in 'Single Card Strategies' started by Oversoul, Apr 26, 2006.

1. Oversoul The Tentacled One

Yeah. It with like Fastbond and Horn of Greed. Much land. TOO MUCH land!
  2. Limited Yes, but we won't care

And then Nature's Revolt & Earth Surge?
  3. jorael Craptacular!

And Vinelasher Kudzu? And Some Guildlands you can keep on playing! :)
  4. Oversoul The Tentacled One

Yes, I suspect either of those would very much kill one's opponent.
  5. Homestar Who invited this guy?

Words of war?
  6. EricBess Active Member

Not sure how a couple of those suggestions match up with Lifegift, but let's start thinking big....

Storm Cauldron anyone?

Nothing like a Summer Bloom to let you replay the lands you used to cast it...
  7. Oversoul The Tentacled One

I was thinking about Storm Cauldron, which is a very fun card. But the mana cost is slightly prohibitive and it's useless without something that lets you replay those lands (or discard them to kill people).

Speaking of Summer Bloom, even though nothing else quite measures up to Fastbond, other things can still give you quite a bit of an effect. There's Summer Bloom, Exploration, Nature's Blessing...
  8. EricBess Active Member

2G
    Lifegift
    Enchantment
    Whenever a land comes into play, you may gain 1 life.

Lifegift triggers off both players and Storm Cauldron affects both players. Yeah, it's 5 mana, but it has a built in Exploration effect. There's a card for RRR that lets you discard a land for damage. Means you probably need BoPs, but that shouldn't be a problem. Of course, with Storm Cauldron in play, a single Mountain can give you RRR if it starts the turn in play.
  9. Limited Yes, but we won't care

(Seismic Assault)
  10. Oversoul The Tentacled One

Hmm...

I like it.
  11. Mikeymike Captain Hiatus

I've got it in my Asuza/Moonfolk deck, and it racks up life in a hurry. I've been thinking about putting New Frontiers in there as well, but that card scares me a bit.