Thank you!...

T

train

THE SLAIN Marine was from the U.S. 1st Marine Expeditionary Force, Lt. Col. Neal Peckham, a British military spokesman in Kuwait, said Friday.
Pentagon officials told NBC News that the casualty was suffered while U.S. forces moved toward the large Iraqi oil field of Al-Rumeila.
Details of the incident were unclear. However, a fellow soldier, along with an Associated Press reporter, said the Marine was shot in the stomach while his company was patrolling around a burning oil pumping station.
While 12 others, 4 American and 8 British, soldiers died yesterday in a helicopter accident, the above is the first casualty of combat.

Thank you to all of them, for fighting for our country, and yours(Britain), and the world.

Our condolences go out to their families.

The Hilliard Family.

Z

Zhaneel

God bless them.

And God bless the family of the Iraqi woman killed in the first strike, the military families here at home, and the injured in Iraq.

N

Nightstalkers

Yay! they didn't hit that bunker with all of the nasty chemical and biological weapons!!! World saved, for now...

D

DÛke

I cannot possibly laugh louder...

"God bless...bluh...bluh...bluh..." ...and the usual bluh of the weak spirited...

What did you expect?

Seriously, I have not laughed this loud since about 2 months ago...

But 14 is such a low number, no?

I want to laugh more...

Hey, the war is on. :) Why cry when you could point and laugh, especially with all that "technology"! :cool: :D

N

Nightstalkers

this is a tribute! think about that 1/3 of surrounding countries populations being wiped out before they know whats happening.

Or the "mysterious" outbreak all the way to Egypt! think about what could happen if they accidentaly hit something that is as deadly as the CDC in Atlanta. or Moscow's library of virii for that matter

M

Multani

Zhaneel: You forget. DUke has no morals, remember? So to him, rudeness would be a pointless concept. To him, rudeness (or rather the avoidance of it), breeds dishonesty.

And that soldier, regardless of what the rest of the country says, did not give his life for 'American' freedom. The only soldiers that 'gave their lives for American freedom', were the ones who fought the war of 1812 and the Revolutionary War, and MAYBE the Civil War. Hell, I'll even grant WWI and WWII...but every other war besides those that have involved U.S. forces, were usually wars of aggression; from the Native American Indians hundreds of years ago, to peoples of Latin America, to the nation of Yugoslavia, and to the nation of Iraq today.

That soldier out there did not give his for American freedom or liberty. He gave his life trying to take over a country; he gave his life not to American values...but to an American Global Imperium.

T

train

Multani - That's exactly why i left it at fighting for our country... But no matter the reason for the war... Iraq and the rest of the world will be a much better place...

And all Iraqi civillians yet encountered have been glad to see our troops... thay also want Saddam gone and their country under a new regime... even if it's not a democracy...

But I do thank them for fighting for our country, and their own. As France now has troops deployed in Kuwait and ready to assess whether or not there have been any WMD fired everyone understands that Hussein must go... but not everyone agrees it should be done with force... France even said they'd get involved if there were WMD found/fired.

I'm just glad Iraq is dumb enough to use weapons they aren't supposed to have... make sit easier for other countries to realize they've been jerked around...

But to all soldiers dying while fighting for our country - Thank You!.

To those Iraqis resisting... I may grant them effort points... but I wish they were more intelligent... can't even wish that for Hussein.:rolleyes:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
And that soldier, regardless of what the rest of the country says, did not give his life for 'American' freedom. The only soldiers that 'gave their lives for American freedom', were the ones who fought the war of 1812 and the Revolutionary War, and MAYBE the Civil War. Hell, I'll even grant WWI and WWII...but every other war besides those that have involved U.S. forces, were usually wars of aggression; from the Native American Indians hundreds of years ago, to peoples of Latin America, to the nation of Yugoslavia, and to the nation of Iraq today.
Since we'll never know the consequences of not fighting the Korean or Vietnam War, I don't think you can say for certainty that those weren't "fights for freedom". I'm sure a lot of people during WWII were saying the same thing: "why the heck are we fighting in Europe when Hitler hasn't attacked us".

T

train

That's exactly why the U.S. ignored the war overseas until they were attacked...

And had we stepped in sooner - There may not have been a Pearl Harbor... that's probably the most significant lesson about being preventive than reactive...;)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That's why I didn't mention Japan, just Germany, since they hadn't really attacked us (aside from a few sub sinkings which I'm sure they profusely apologized for :) )

T

train

I'd just like to mention that the deadliest division in the military is based here in Texas... at the largest military installation the U.S. possesses...

And they're headed to Baghdad!!!...

:cool:

'Bout time the war got serious...:eek: :D

And a thank you to all of them... and their families...:)

S

Svenmonkey

Which one's that, the 85th Redneck Warmonger Division or the 76th Fordtruckborne Division? :p

[Oh, snap.]

T

train

Actually it's the...

187th - We're so glad they gave us guns and tanks that they don't even have to bother asking us to use them, and we'll galdly do it while not under the influence, because we're from Texas, and that's what we do here, when not cow-tippin' or playin' cowboy at a rodeo - division!!!...:eek: :eek: ;)