Teferi and his "phasing"

F

FoundationOfRancor

Ok.

He simply phased out with a patch of lands?

How crazy is that? He leaves the war to a dude he thinks is insane and is going to loose it!!??
And he THEN goes and preaches to urza about HOW to protect his people, when hes just downright leaving them!
The dirty bastard! I thought he was cool!

Basically, if we're to believe the big U is going to lose (As Mr. T does), then hes going to re-phase into a plane COMPLETLEY controlled by phyrexian forces!!!!!!

Not exactly the best way to defend his people...

Am I missing something here?

C

Cateran Emperor

Mr. T pities the foo' who's name is Urza!

Seriously, Teferi wants no part in the war, so he just kinda left. I thought it was weird too.

M

MrXarvox

Urza's not going to lose, everybody is. Dominaria (and Rath, I assume) will be destroyed or at least wiped clean of all life forms in Apocalypse.

And Teferi.. well he was cool but he's made one stupid, stupid decision..

T

terzarima

I think what will eventually happen is in apocalypse, Urza unleases all of the power of his mind, destroying phyrexia

In Vendetta, Gerode hunts down all of the remaining Phyrexians and goes to rath and trys to kill crovax

F

FoundationOfRancor

Dude no, thats not my point...it just doesent make any sense. I am talking about Mr. T's thought process here. What reason did he use to justifie it? I mean, he thinks urzas gonna lose this war, so instead of fighting he phases himself out! Now, this is kinda okay, but when they phase back in, they will phase directly untop of phyrexian land! And all die!!!

It defies logic!!!!!

E

Elrond

Well you have to remember that Teferi is a planeswalker and they're not noted for their sanity.
So to him it probably makes sense.

C

Copious Wrath

Perhaps he believes he can find a way to keep his lands permanently phased?

G

Gerode

I killed all the Phyrexians! Cool!!!
Didn't Gerrard do that?

M

MrXarvox

ach!
people!
Gerrard isn't going to be in Odyssey block.
He's either going to die, or just cease to exist, because WOTC has decreed, no more urza story!
Embrace the impending lack of Urza, Gerrard, Weatherlight, etc.!

T

terzarima

Ugh, man if anything they are not going to get rid of urza, I mean he has been the single thing that has pushed this story line forward, he has been (technically) in every set, wether in influence or something else, if Urza dies so does the WOTC story, and then, well we start from scratch, which I doubt they''ll do

P

Phyrexian Pie-Eater

Your saying Gerrard dies? That would naturally imply that Urza's side doesn't win. However, it doesn't mean that they lose for sure. It could be a draw where both sides are completely lost or crippled beyond repair.

If that were true, the Mr. T. did exactly the right thing. He phased out, saving all the people that went with him. They would phase back in, and be the only life left.

This is just a hypothesis though. Another thing to look at is the name of the next block: Odyssey. This could have some major clues as to what will happen in the post-urza era. There will still be some people left on Dominaria(duh). Some of them will go on a long quest to find something(maybe even to get home?)

This leaves some questions though too.Who are these people? Why did they live if Dominaria was destroyed(like you guys think) Also with Urza and Berrin dead/gone (nooooooooo!) who will step up as the new focus of the story line? So many questions, and the set is still months away.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

why are we still debating this like Xarvox said, WoTC already announced that this expansion marked the end of the urza story

"the light is merely an illusion for those too timid to embrace the darkness"

R

Ristik

Teferi did not just phase himself out. He took Zhalfir and Shiv with him. By the way, I was impressed to see that Jhoira was still around. I thought that the slow-time water worked for only so long...
At any rate, the stuff will show up again when the war is over. Or perhaps the end of the Urza storyline will begin one featuring Teferi and Jhoira as they end up Somewhere Else and try to get back...
The phased lands are phased out for until the end of the war with almost all certainty. This is the big project Teferi was working on in the Mirage block.

T

The Magic Jackal

Something I've never understood is this- planeswalkers are pretty much immortal and invincable, so why doesn't urza just waste phyrexia? You know, a little wrath of god here, a little armageddon here. It is just me, or does that not makes any sense?

Z

Zero

Ristick: I think what he's saying, is Why would Teferi phase out his land, if he expected Urza to lose? Following that, when the land phased back in, it would be phyrexian land! I think...

T

Teferi

I think that Teferi Phased out his land simply to save it from the hardships of war. he thinks Urza will win, so he just decided to stay out of it until the phyrexians are gone. then he and his people will have easy going becuz nuthin was lost in the war.

M

MrXarvox

Teferi will survive then but...

Dominaria will have gone piff, I think
So Zhalfir and Shiv will be their own plane when they come back.

And the Odyssey storyline will NOT take place with ANY characters from the previous storyline. Starting from scratch is exactly what they're doing.