Tazri's Easter Egg Hunt 2024 [EDH]

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I'm just going to pretend that the Eggs deck I built back in March of last year (helmed by Ayesha Tanaka, Armorer) was totally planned as an Easter Holiday deck. This year, I was a bit more deliberate, but didn't actually construct a deck until the *day of* the holiday. Usually I aim to get some regular weekly EDH games in with a Holiday deck before the holiday itself is actually being celebrated. So my Easter Egg Hunt is slightly late. Oh well. It's five colors. There are eggs in it. Happy hunting.

Commander:
1 Tazri, Stalwart Survivor

1 Aether Spellbomb
1 Ancient Den
1 Arid Mesa
1 Auriok Salvagers
1 Badlands
1 Bayou
1 Beseech the Mirror
1 Bloodstained Mire
1 Buried Ruin
1 Cankerbloom
1 Chromatic Sphere
1 Chromatic Star
1 Codex Shredder
1 Conjurer's Bauble
1 Crystal Vein
1 Cyclonic Rift
1 Dance of the Manse
1 Darksteel Citadel
1 Darkwater Egg
1 Defense Grid
1 Demonic Tutor
1 Dross Skullbomb
1 Echo of Eons
1 Elsewhere Flask
1 Energy Refractor
1 Engineered Explosives
1 Enlightened Tutor
1 Fabricate
1 Faith's Reward
1 Fiend Artisan
1 Flooded Strand
1 Goblin Engineer
1 Goblin Welder
1 Golden Egg
1 Great Furnace
1 Guild Globe
1 Implement of Combustion
1 Implement of Improvement
1 Inventors' Fair
1 Kaleidostone
1 Kinnan, Bonder Prodigy
1 Krark-Clan Ironworks
1 Lion's Eye Diamond
1 Lotus Petal
1 Mana Crypt
1 Mana Vault
1 Marsh Flats
1 Memory Jar
1 Meria, Scholar of Antiquity
1 Misty Rainforest
1 Mossfire Egg
1 Mox Diamond
1 Mox Opal
1 Mystical Tutor
1 Otawara, Soaring City
1 Phyrexian Furnace
1 Plateau
1 Polluted Delta
1 Pyrite Spellbomb
1 Reshape
1 Saheeli, Sublime Artificer
1 Sai, Master Thopterist
1 Savannah
1 Scalding Tarn
1 Scrap Mastery
1 Scrubland
1 Seat of the Synod
1 Second Sunrise
1 Sensei's Divining Top
1 Shadowblood Egg
1 Skycloud Egg
1 Sol Ring
1 Sunbeam Spellbomb
1 Sungrass Egg
1 Surgical Skullbomb
1 Sword of the Meek
1 Taiga
1 The One Ring
1 The Reality Chip
1 Thopter Foundry
1 Timetwister
1 Transmute Artifact
1 Treasure Vault
1 Tree of Tales
1 Tropical Island
1 Tundra
1 Underground Sea
1 Urza's Saga
1 Vampiric Tutor
1 Vault of Whispers
1 Verdant Catacombs
1 Volcanic Island
1 Wargate
1 Wheel of Fortune
1 Windfall
1 Windswept Heath
1 Wishclaw Talisman
1 Wizard's Rockets
1 Wooded Foothills

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Played this deck in my first game tonight. There was some pressure on the board, and I went for and end-of-turn Enlightened Tutor into Lion's Eye Diamond followed by sacrificing all of my eggs, which put me in topdeck mode, but got me enough mana to overload Cyclonic Rift. Bought some breathing room with that play. I looked to sculpt my hand for my next line, then topdecked Aurioks Salvagers and easily won with a Bomberman loop.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I played this deck in the final game of Wednesday night. Has it really one been in two actual pods now, or did I forget to post a game? I know that I goldfished it a bunch, so perhaps I have that in mind.

The dominant force at the table was a classic Kaalia of the Vast deck. That deck killed my other two opponents, but I was able to hold out because the attackers were small in number and I had a couple of bounce effects and such, as well as thopter tokens that did block some flying attackers. I ate enough damage to bring me down to 11 life. Kaalia had me dead on board but I was one turn faster with Krark-Clan Ironworks giving me enough of a mana boost to set up a Codex Shredder + Scrap Mastery loop. I had multiple eggs, so I could draw through my deck to find a Pyrite Spellbomb or whatever.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Got a bit stuck with this deck in my attempt to use it this week. As usual, my modicum of protection helped against offensive measures that weren't fully focused on me anyway. My opponents understood that this deck might pop off, but they all saw more immediate threats in each other, and this bought me a little extra time. Eventually, I was able to set up a loop with Krark-Clan Ironworks, Dance of the Manse, Skycloud Egg, and Codex Shredder. At first, this loop was draining one mana per iteration, but it drew enough cards to me to dig my way into a version of the loop that could draw through my deck. I believe that the pile Dance of the Manse was grabbing was Sol Ring, Mana Vault, Lion's Eye Diamond, Skycloud Egg, and Codex Shredder.