Survivor Winners: Where are they now?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone see this a couple of months back on TV Guide channel? I DVRed it and finally watched it... it was interesting to see what they were doing, but to be honest, I didn't remember about half to 3/4s of them. Only the notorious (Richard Hatch, Rob & Amber), the recent (the cowboy dude who won last season - see, I can't even remember his name), and the ones that keep in the limelight (Elizabeth Hasselbeck, Jenna, and Ethan whose cancer unfortunately came back).

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
There are that many Survivor winners? They really have had that many Survivors seasons!?!?!?

*Ransac shakes his head in disappointment.*

Ransac, cpa trash man

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
*Ransac goes off in search of a bucket of sulfuric acid in which to dunk his head.*

Seriously!?! Man... I thought TV passed the lame "reality game show" phase already.

Ransac, cpa trash man

E

EricBess

I have basic cable. I probably do have the TV Guide channel somewhere, but I really only pay attention to a few channels.

T

train

TV Guide Channel is the channel that scrolls all the channels and what they are showing... On our comcast set here - it is channel 21...

It is included with basically every cable package... (we only have basic...)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ransac: Dude, reality shows are here to stay. They're cheap to produce and apparently there's a never-ending source of ideas, no matter how dumb they are, so they'll stick around.

I don't normally watch the TV Guide channel either, but while flipping through, just happened to notice that it was coming on so DVRed it (I love DVR!)

E

EricBess

Plus, relatity shows are relatively unpredictable. Yes, I can hear everyone shouting out how predictable they are, but please...compared to regular TV shows?

And a show like Survivor can change a couple of things a season and still remain fairly fresh. Compare that to "American Idol", whose current idea of fresh is going to lose a lot of viewers (but I guess they hope it will gain more than it loses?).

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Apparently SYTYCD also made a change - Adam Shankman will now be a permanent judge instead of part of the rotation. So I'm hoping they keep the rotating judges, meaning there will be at least four judges, 'cause I like hearing their varying views on the dances. Having now the same three judges makes it seem kinda boring.

T

train

So not actually watching SYTYCD - I would have to say that having the same 3 judges sets it down Idol's original path...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
They *are* produced by the same guy (or rather, the two shows share a producer) and while it may be consistency they're after, I hope they add the fourth judge chair for rotation. I didn't really like it when Mary Murphy was added as a permanent judge...