Survivor and CSI...

T

train

Anyone watching Survivor think it was cruel to vote Christie out of the tribe, even after she said she thought she was in a position of power during the tribal council?... And who's next to go... I think it's Butch or Matt...

Anyone watching CSI - Have a new idea of how to smuggle something in or out of the country?... I personally never thought of a Horse's ahem... cavity of doing the trick... And whom was Grissom quoting when he finished the show with "a horse, a horse, my kingdom for a horse!" - Does it have something to do with the Trojan Horse?...

E

EricBess

Actually, I'm pretty sure "My kingdom for a horse" is a quote from Ivanhoe by Sir Walter Scott.

I think Rob is a jerk. But, he's surrounded by idiots and so far, whenever anyone has even suggested that they aren't completely for him, he's managed to convince everyone around him to boot them off. Forget the fact that he's stabbed everyone in the back when doing so.

Of all the people there, I think Matt most needs to open his eyes and see what's going on. I think Jena and Heidi realized that, even though Rob stabbed them in the back, they would have been the next 2 voted out if they hadn't sided with Rob. Matt, on the other hand, had a clear path to the final 3 and he blew it.

Strictly speaking aliances, Butch should be the next one gone. I also think that, for some reason, Rob probably thinks that he stands the best chance at the million vs. Matt. But I'm not sure how he will convince everyone that Butch is a bigger threat to them personally.

Of course, Jena is shallow, Heidi's a flake, and Rob's a weasel so anything's possible.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

Aww, I like Matt. He seems like a great guy, he is however quite gullable. I think it might be harder to get rid of him than most people think, he wins the challenges he wants to, I honestly think he threw the last one. How could he hit the mark dead on with all those other things yet miss completely with a slingshot?

S

Svenmonkey

I'm going to get together a vigilante group to get rid of all your reality television posts.

N

Nightstalkers

Actually, I'm pretty sure "My kingdom for a horse" is a quote from Ivanhoe by Sir Walter Scott.
I'll check with SATAN...

Code:
"A horse, a horse... my kingdom for a horse!!"
—Richard III, The battlefield at Arles

Willie Shakespear wrote a great play titled
 Richard III - He (Richard III) is knocked from his
 horse and subsequently killed while he
 cries out for someone to lend him a horse - turns
 out he lost his kingdom.
Anything for a friend :D ;)

T

train

I hadn't heard the quote from CSI before and was just wondering... and of everything he's said before, this is the one I didn't know...

As for Survivor - Sven, you're probably jus tupset they didn't accept your audition for the show...:p

Seriously, I think Rob would lose ot anyone in the finals, as voted upon by the jury... as for Matt and Butch, I think they'll get voted off because if either one made it to the finals, they'd win just because they were the nicest guys around...

Matt is a little too trusting, and Butch is trusting too much in the alliance...

As for Flakes 1, and 2, and the Anaconda(anyone surprised they kept showing an Anaconda while talking about Rob during the show), They don't fully trust each other, so there's no telling what's going to happen...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Survivor: I think everyone is going to want Rob in the final two with them because they think he's such a weasel that they can get the votes. Therefore I don't think he's going to get voted off, despite him being the most deserving of it.

I don't think the "current" alliance of four is going to make it; Rob just made it because he was scared of Christie's wavering. Plus, in the preview for the next episode (SPOILER?), it seems Jenna and Heidi will be on the outs with each other.

Butch and Matt seem the nicest and unfortunately they probably will get voted out next unless they win immunity for reasons of the first paragraph - no one will want to go up against them (except Jenna/Heidi will probably vote for each other unless something drastic happens along with Alex).

CSI: What a great show :)

T

train

I'm extremely amazed that Jenna won the last 2 immunity challenges, and then went on to win it all...

Get 'em swimsuit model...:D

Anyhow... everyone thinks Rob has been the greatest survivor player ever, that didn't win it... I think he played well, and didn't see two seasons of the show - what does anyone else here think...

As for CSI - I still can't believe that the lab got blown up, or that evidence is even lef tout in the "open" when the vault is not open... And Sarah asking Grissom out - the typical wrokplace love affair may be brewing... though grissom seems to common sense to let that happen...

As for the next episode - I think the show is saving a lot by Grissom having surgery, and it's odd how crooked Vegas can be... but who would keep a pair of scissors in a safety deposit box?...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It looks like you and I are the only ones who really watch these shows, train... ;)

I was extremely surprised at Jenna winning overall and winning the last two challenges. Matthew obviously messed up somehow during the blindfold element maze thing (he had three first), but the last challenge, Matthew said he blew it on purpose 'cause he thought he would be picked by either one of them so really it was 50-50. I was surprised at how much of a landslide the final votes were, especially Christie. Rob and Dave were sort of iffy though and Jenna definitely had Alex's and Heidi's vote. Speaking of which, what was up with Heidi saying twice that she "adored and loved" Jenna? :eek: The "problem" with the final voting is that some vote for the best player and some vote for who they like the best, regardless of play. So I guess that's a lesson that you need to be liked AND be perceived for playing the game well.

The CSI finale was disappointing. Nothing really earth-shattering, although I'm glad Grissom is finally getting surgery. For all that supposed "someone on the CSI team is going to be killed", it turned out to be (to me) a rather non-important character. And keeping the scissors kind of made sense, although why the owner wanted it back after all that time when the holder didn't use it for blackmail or whatever kinda confused me.

E

EricBess

I enjoyed the Survivor finale. I must say that the whole way through, I thought Jena was really shallow. However, once you got rid of Heidi, Jena actually turned it around and became a halfway decent person.

My impression of the maze was that yes, Matt was ahead, but I get the impression that Matt grabbed his keys in a bad order so that he had to go a lot further to get the last one than he should have. It seemed like Jena was able to get her last two keys and get back to the middle with a very short path where Matt had a lot of terrain to traverse.

Also, Matt came across in the final as, "...I really blew a lot of things, but now I'll say whatever you want me to say to get your vote..." whereas Jena seemed more sincere. I am a bit surprised that a couple of people changed their vote, but it didn't surprise me that she won.

About Sarah asking Grissom out, there have been other episodes where Grissom has expressed a personal interest in Sarah, but he always keeps in very professional. Sarah was very affected by the explosion because of where she had been standing and she has survivor's syndrom. She feels she could have easily died, so now she takes more chances because she figures she doesn't really have anything to lose because she should be dead anyway. Same thing with the seige where she opened the door.

I can never remember his name, but the lab guy is the only person that was affected by the blast more. I'm wondering if his shakes in the lab is yet one more excuse to get him in the field for the next season.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That was one of the funniest lines....

Yeah, I thought the finale was being set up so an actual CSI member died/was put out of commission and Greg would be promoted/transferred to field duty.

Survivor: I think they edited alot of the maze thing because when you look at it, it seems pretty far between each necklace. I know they did it for TV, but it would be interesting to see uncut footage of how they actually played it out.

T

train

I think their push for "Greggo" to come out of the lab started with the bringing in of that other lab tech - the one that seems to have his head lost somewhere in Grissom's posterior...

As for Greg in the field, I think we'll see that soon... That'll make 6 CSI team members - 2 per case, more cases to have during the show... Grissom and Sara may also team up more;) ;)

E

EricBess

Maybe, but to be honest, there have been a lot of hints that Sarah might be getting written out before too long. When I heard that someone was going to die, my original impression was that it was going to be her.

I hope that Grissom's hearing problems don't mean that they will be ever writting him out. I don't think the show would work without him.

T

train

I think they realized that, and that's why he's having the surgery...

"He'll probably get a raise too..."

"It's just odd knowing him as Pat Garret in Young Guns..."

"And don't get me started on that Giant Squid movie...":D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think he'd ever be written out, but I think they could have done more with it. Like have it severly hamper him handling a case or something.

T

train

Well... he did have to testify in court on that case where the evidence against the defendant was damaged... He was a bit hampered there...

I think his losing a case to it would have been a huge turn for the track record he has now...

"But would be easily imitating real life cases that have been lost..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
My wife likes Grissom's new scruffy look...

and yeah, I don't know if they're downplaying the relationship, but it sure hasn't progressed in two shows. But it's the beginning of the season...

T

train

The scruff was cool to us too...

As for the episode... kind of messed up that there was a vigilante law clerk out there...

And the frat boy with a slow leak in the head... that's scary...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Last week's episode had a not-so-good ending, unfortunately... I wonder if they'll appear in a later episode; they seem to "tie up loose ends" like that :)

T

train

they may... there's just no telling...

The loose ends I'd like to see tied up are the Grissom and Sara things...

they alluded to more between them with the coming previews... i wonder if this will become more of a want-can't have, or hate type of working relationship...

Grissom is showing more of a sensitive side - maybe this is to open up his character for something like that...