super rare foil alternate art

• Thread starter Azreal the Soulmaster
  • Start date
A

Azreal the Soulmaster

okay, so if anyone hasn't heard yet, in Planeshift there will be three legendary cards that will have ultra rare foil alternate art cards these three are:
Ertai, the Corrupted
Tahngarth, Talruum Hero
Skyship Weatherlight
apparently you there is one of these cards in every 10 booster boxes, so they are more rare( God that was gramatically incorrect)(at one point they had all three pictures on wizards site, but since they are changing the famous cards daily, they aren't up anymore)

A

Almindhra

Yes, this is an another way of Wizards taking us for a ride, but I think this is a neat idea...I like rare things...I like shiny things...

But 1 in 10 boxes?!...Are they crazy?!...This makes me want to cry!...I...need...to...get...one...............

D

Daggertooth

I saw a picture on the foil skyship weatherlite. It just looked like the original only fliped horizontaly. Is that the way they will be or are they going to have original art. I'm guessing the original, But I did see the pic.

Daggertooth

C

Cateran Emperor

Ertai and Tahngarth are considerably different from their normal selves, with Tahngarth being from a different angle entirely and ertai being zoomed out for more of the original art (he also has a completely different pose)

F

FoundationOfRancor

I think all the alternative arts are alot better than their originals.

H

Hetemti

This is bull. (Sorry, Tangarth)

One of Wizard's "promises" was that there would be no "super-rares." Sure, it's the same card functionally, but it's the same deal as foils, but worse. At least foils looked shiny, these merely have a different picture, and they're much more rare.

It was bad enough we have two Ertai's, now we have three!
Ertai, Wizard Adept
Ertai, The Corrupted
*Ertai, The Corrupted

What's next? Those little panels that animate the picture when you turn them sideways a little?

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

like the little birds on credit cards lol

Z

Zadok001

Just to make Hememti feel a bit better, it should be noted that _all_ foil Legends in Planeshift are alternate art. ALL. In other words, you can't open a foil Ertai with normal art. So this is no worse than foils, IMHO - After all, you're just as likely to get one.

Compare it to opening a foil Parallax Wave, Lin Sivvi, or Saproling Burst - They're worth a lot (most valuable three cards in a 143 card set), and they're pretty. And you're just as likely to get one as the other.

Y

yawnmoth

they are all illustrated by Kev Walker, also...
If you want to see the scans of them for yourself, go to www.flaminio.com/magic/rarities.html, a site which I, myself, helped to develop! =) (see the credits at the bottom of the page).
Or, if you don't want to go there, you can always go to ebay.com and search for them.
I think the should make embossed cards, glossy cards, scratch 'n sniff cards, holocards, and chewing gum cards also. It'd add variety to the number of promo's out there!