Subterfuge : Cards Decidings

N

NeuroDeus

I opened this post in the hopes that this will be used to decided on one version of a card from the millions that might exist... Then the unused cards go to TICM's thread Subterfuge: Cut Cards...

As a starter...

?
Reaper of Fate
3BB
Creature - Reaper
*/*
B: Regenerate Reaper of Fate.
Reaper of Fate has power and toughness each equal to the number of non-creature, non-land cards in all graveyards.

R
Reaper of the Dead
3BB
Creature - Evil Spirit
*/3
Reaper of the Dead's power equal to the number of creatures in all graveyards. If a creature with flying is in a graveyard Reaper of the Dead gains flying.
BB, Remove a creature from your graveyard from play: Regenerate Reaper of the Dead.

As I can see these cards are next to the same... I will not 'vote' on these cards because Reaper of the Dead was a card I did... I think it's better that the original designers do not vote on thier cards but just say opinions...

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

I think I like the first one better, just because it's different from the norm for this type of creature.

J

Jake74

I like the Reaper of the Dead better because his toughness stays and regen costs him power...
maybe ac of only B(not BB) for the regen?

They do both have distinct abilities though... like duress and ostrasize...
Fate could get way too strong...

BTW, why not talk about the cards on the lists for each color? They can then be edited. After the cards are edited, we can delete the posts that we used to talk about the cards. That way there won't be a lot of unneeded posts.
I noticed I couldn't delete posts.... :( I'm going to blank them out. If you want you can delete them...

F

FoundationOfRancor

I think its better that the one organizing the cards chooses which version he/she likes better.
If anyone disagrees with it, THEN we can talk about it.
Its the same thing with balancing cards/rewording. It be way to much time/effort/chaos to try to talk about each card individually, its better if one smart person goes through and edits them. (With people that have a problem with certain changes, expressing them)

That way we'll avoide mass confusion.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

FoR: That's fine, as long as everyone else sees the changes that were made (at least on some cards, if the person who changed it thought there was a case in which personal preference matters more than anything else).

J

Jake74

I agree that the person compiling shouldn't do all the choosing, that's why in the green and black I've put options in some of the cards... we can decide if we decide to keep them...