Substitute for Cursed Scroll?

D

DeathMaster666

I have 4 Vortices in my Burning Bridges. It speeds up the game and usually ends up winning it for me.

M

Master Shake

A couple of things about scepter:

1. It must be an instant (No Duress)

2. You can not play any effects during the Draw step (no lock with Ebony Charm). Also, your opponenet has priority during their main phase, and you can not do anything until priority is passed (no mainstep lock down with Ebony Charm.)

T

train

that's incorrect on the draw step assumption...

you can play abilities during the draw step...

The action of drawing as per rules - does not use the stack, but drawing doesn't end the step - both players have to pass priority for each step to end... Most of the time this is overlooked, and players don't ask - but if you have abilities or spells you want to play - you can back them up(relatively speaking) to the draw step if they do not give you the chance to do something then...

so you can lock someone down with funeral charm and scepter, during the draw step, unless they have instants to play...

(Ebony Charm doesn't cause a discard...)

B

Bcopes

Of course duress is a sorcery....and are you willing to play a sui-black type deck without it? That would be ludicrous. This "deck" (and i use the term loosely) was meant to abuse the scepter in 3 ways:

1 With Diabolic Edict: The Ghetto Abyss
2 With Funeral Charm: The Draw Lock
3 With Lightning Bolt: The Cursed Scroll Replacement.

Sorry Train....got my lucky charms mixed up.

T

train

Not a problem - the post was more for the draw step rules...:cool: