Stay Back DCI! Stay BACK!!!!

F

fuzzy510

Are you a member of the DCI? If you are, I'm going to have to ask you to leave. Just click the back button. You can't read this.

They gone? Good. Anyhow, here's my card that is SURE to be DCI fodder once they get ahold of it.

Mana Farm XG
Instant

Kicker GGG

Add 2X colorless mana to
your mana pool. If you
paid the Kicker cost,
return Mana Farm to your
hand.

"This crop looks good.
Too good...."

Let me know what you think.

D

DÛke

It's nice to see a new member being active like that already:).

The card is really good.
Some might say it's broken, but it's not. It's kind of perfect. The Kicker is nice to have to, but I don't see it being that well played (the Kicker I mean:)).

I've been working on some Kicker cards myself.
There are too many ideas, and I hope that WotC realize that before dismissing Kicker (like what they did to Fading).

Here:

Horror Intimidator 1BB
Creature - Horror
Kicker: B.
Horror Intimidator can't be blocked except by Black and Artifact creatures.
If you paid the Kicker cost, add BBBB to your mana pool.
2/2

From the Dark 2B
Creature - Horror
As From the Dark comes to play, destroy target non-Black creature.
At the end of the turn, sacrifice From the Dark unless you paid the Kicker cost.
2/1

Kigyrbi 1BB
Creature - Horror
Kicker: 2
First Strike. You may play Kigyrbi any time you could play an Instant.
At the end of the turn, if you didn't pay the Kicker cost, sacrifice Kigyrbi.
4/3

Plague Tide 2U
Instant
Kicker: 1B
Tap all creature target player controls.
If you paid the Kicker cost, all creatures gain -1/-1 until end of the turn.

There, just some ideas to share.
By the way, Fuzzy, ya have any more cards?

V

Volradon

Mana farm- walks the line of brokeness but a REALLY good card. I could probably think of a few infinite combos with that.

Horror Intimidator- maybe make it add BB cause the kicker isnt suposed to be better then a real card, ritual in this case.

From the Dark- perfect just think about it with lifeline.

Kigyrbi - should this be red?

Plague Tide - awesome

[Edited by Volradon on 10-28-00 at 12:04 AM]

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Let's see. Joe Martin told me that card, but it was white and automatically bounced it without kicker. I told you. You POSTED it.

The cards he makes normally aren't all that good anyway.

vassal

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

and considering that YOU are a member of the DCI...

just go to the Battle Arena. I want to flame you.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

let's see, what other cards did he make... oh yes!

the stupid pizza set.

I'll let you clarify.

Hmm, judging from the stuff I've been saying about you, it wouldn't seem like we're "good friends," would it?

Well we sort of are,
but who else can flame you when you do what you shouldn't? Jan?

D

dw51688

Yes I love new members wwho get right to it. For example, ZHANEEL! But you really shouldn't make Erin feel bad Zhaneel. She worked hard to get thos posts making everyone interesting and informative.

F

fuzzy510

Thanks to SOME of the members of this community who appreciate that I'm trying to be active when I'm just starting. I did get the idea from a friend, but tailored it a little bit, but come on. It's like saying that somebody who fails to make something work should get all the credit when someone else makes it work and is able to put it out first.

To Thallid Ice Cream Man, do you really think that I came up with those other cards on my own? Come on, I may be demented, but I'm not that demented! I happen to have gotten some ideas from other people.

D

DÛke

...accroding to Zan, she told me that ErinPuff is just lazy, that's all:).

Volradon, I think you're right about Kigyrbi, which you called "From the Dark":).

Here's the new Kigyrbi:

Kigyrbi 2R
Creature - Horror
Kicker:1B.
First Strike. You may play Kigyrbi any time you could play an Instant. At the end of the turn, if you didn't pay the Kicker cost, sacrifice Kigyrbi.
4/3

Yeah, I like it like that better:), thanks Vol:).

Here are more cards (sorry if you don't like Black/Blue, those are what I'm good at making:)):

Extraction 1UU
Instant
Kicker: 1.
Counter target spell.
If you paid the Kicker cost, tap all lands target player controls.

Blood Thought BB
Sorcery
Kicker: 3.
Target player loose 3 life.
If you paid the kicker cost, you gain 3 life.

Death by Chaos 2B
Sorcery
Kicker: R.
Put a creature from your graveyard into play under your control. If you paid the Kicker cost, that creature gains Haste.

From the Deep 3B
Sorcery
Kicker: Remove a creature you control from the game. Put a creature from your graveyard into play under your control. If you paid the Kicker cost, put another creature from your graveyard into play.

Unreal BB
Enchantment
Kicker: B
As Unreal comes to play, opponent looses 4 life. When Unreal leaves play, opponent gains 4 life.
At the end of the turn, if you didn't pay Unreal's
Kicker cost, sacrifice it.

Plague Vapors 2B
Instant
Plague Vapors deals 1 damage to each creature.
If you paid the Kicker cost, gain 1 life for each 1 damage dealt by Plague Vapors.

Disability 1UU
Instant
Kicker: 1.
Counter target spell.
If you paid the Kicker cost, further spells can't be played this turn.

There...

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

fuzzy510: Yes, other people like Jan, whose crowning achievement is Smech, Deaf Guy.

Actually, thought, you have a point in that Joe's version gave back COLORED mana, which would make it a one-card infinite mana combo (Joe no baka). This version is better, in that you can't just keep reusing it without some way to transfer colorless mana to green.

The point I was trying to make is that often here, when someone posts a card that they didn't make themselves, they say who made it. Just remember that in the future.

By the way, I've tried to get Jan here, but he keeps giving excuses. Maybe we should work together to get him over here.

A

Apollo

Hmm. Well, since I['m still trying to decide what to say about the card, I'll just welcome you here and say that it's good to see you posting.

Now that that's over with, the card: when it says "add 2x mana to your mana pool," does it mean "X times 2" or "X plus two?"

I suspect that the first version might be broken, as you'd just need some way to convert it to green. Unfortunately, I can't think of anything of the top of my head that does that on a one for one basis. I'm sure that there is a way to do it, though. Of course, the other way is just to make 12 mana (at least one red and one green). Feed that much mana throught this and you get 21, enough to blaze them into oblivion. That's viable enough; ElfBall is already playable, put this in, and you cut the time it takes to win in half. High Tide or Dark Tide could toss this in, to almost halve the amount of mana they need to Stroke their opponent into oblivion.

As for "X plus 2," I doubt it's broken. You would need to be able to add mana to your mana pool every time you casted a spell. It would be, at best, a weak Dark Ritual this way.

F

fuzzy510

I apoligize for not giving Joe Martin the credit he deserved for this card. I am, as you all know, I am new member, so I don't know everything I probably should know about the CPA.

F

fuzzy510

Duke, I do have other ideas:

Choice of Death BB
Sorcery

Kicker BB

Flip a coin. If heads, destroy
target creature. If tails, deal 2
damage to each opponent. You gain
1 life for each one damage dealt in
this way. If you paid the Kicker
cost, you may use this card as if
you flipped both heads and tails.

Choice of Denial UU
Sorcery

Kicker UU

Flip a coin. If heads, counter
target spell. If tails, return
target creature to its owner's hand.
If you paid the Kicker cost, you
may use this card as if you flipped
both heads and tails.

Choice of Growth GG
Instant

Kicker GG

Flip a coin. If heads, target
creature gets +3/+3 until end of
turn. If tails, search your deck
for a basic land card and put it
into play tapped. If you paid the
Kicker cost, you may use this card
as if you flipped both heads and
tails.

Choice of Life WW
Sorcery

Kicker WW

Flip a coin. If heads, prevent
the next 3 damage done to target
creature or player, or gain 3
life. If tails, destroy target
artifact or enchantment. If you
paid the Kicker cost, you may use
this card as if you flipped both
heads and tails.

Choice of Pain RR
Sorcery

Kicker RR

Flip a coin. If heads, deal 3
damage to target creature or
player. If tails, destroy target
land. If you paid the Kicker
cost, you may use this card as
if you flipped both heads and
tails.

[Edited by fuzzy510 on 10-30-00 at 04:14 PM]

V

Volradon

fuzzy510- nice cards but with all the coun fliping it sounds too much like pokemon :(

F

fuzzy510

That's true Volradon, but you realize that Wizards is trying to make the two games more alike...