Starcraft 2

R

rokapoke

So now that it's been officially released, I picked up a copy and man, is it awesome. If anybody else has it (DarthFerret, I'm looking at you), my character name is DrZoidberg.457.

I haven't tried anything outside of the campaign yet, but it's well worth the price of admission so far.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
We'll be getting it eventually, though I imagine the stores all ran out of copies of it by now...;)

R

rokapoke

We'll be getting it eventually, though I imagine the stores all ran out of copies of it by now...;)
"We"? Just keep in mind that if you want more than one person to be able to play it, you'll need to buy multiple copies... at least, based on current policies. Your $60 investment gets you a chance to make one single character, and that character is used for both campaign and multiplayer -- so make sure you're watching what you're doing when you name your character. There's quite a lengthy thread on the SC forums full of people bitching about it.

D

DarthFerret

Well, my characters name is DarthFerret (go figure) but I was able to get that name because I had reserved it when I was Beta testing. I will try to make a point to add ya to mylist rokapoke, but for a while, I will be working on the solo campaign. That was the one thing we did not have access to on the Beta. I still have reservations about the online play, mainly cause I hate people that constantly Zerg and never try to really plan out thier strategies. Maybe eventually, I will get good enough and quick enough to be able to stop the zerg without messing up my strategy building plans.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
"We"? Just keep in mind that if you want more than one person to be able to play it, you'll need to buy multiple copies... at least, based on current policies. Your $60 investment gets you a chance to make one single character, and that character is used for both campaign and multiplayer -- so make sure you're watching what you're doing when you name your character. There's quite a lengthy thread on the SC forums full of people bitching about it.
Oh...I figured it would be like the old SC game and we could share one copy in the house between me and the boys, at least as far as playing the solo campaign part of the game. I assumed Blizz was going to do like they did with WoW and make you tie the CD key to your Battle.net account, so for us to play with each other we'd need additional copies...You're saying you're only allowed to have one single saved game per copy of the game, like a stinkin Pokemon game or something?

Sheesh...:rolleyes:

D

DarthFerret

I still have not experimented enough to know much about the save game stuff, but when I choose to go into the campaign, it loads it for me without asking which Save I want to use. So possibly, it loads your most recent save (although I imagine you could probably go in and delete a save if needed to start back a couple of squares).

N

Nightstalkers

Office full of people who play it... It doesn't feel the same as the original and the storyline is kinda skewed. I hope it won't go as downhill as the C&C storyline.