Stacker (Old M:tG computer game deck)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
The game had Mishra's Workshop in it. So of course I had to build a Shops deck. Call it MUD, Monobrown, Workshop Aggro, Artifact Goodstuff, or whatever. The closest resemblance I recognized was to "Stacker" decks from the early 00's in Type 1, although it's different in some important respects. the beadown package of Juggernaut and Su-Chi is still there, but Goblin Welder, Tolarian Academy, Masticore, Tinker, Wonder, and many other key cards used in tournament Stacker decks weren't in the available pool of cards. So I decided to forgo colored spells entirely. This is basically a "the best artifact deck I could come up with" list. Part aggro, part prison, part random stuff. If Clay Statue and Obsianus Golem were not hints, I was definitely running out of good cards to include. But despite being a bit of a mess, this thing was very, very good at winning games. It set up a beatdown package early on. If opponents couldn't race it, then I won. If opponents could outrace me, then I blew everything up with Nevinyrral's Disk and started over. It lacked the inexorable control of the Turbostasis deck and it wasn't as blazingly fast as the Butter Knives deck, but this Stacker list might have had a higher win percentage than either. That's the main thing that I remember with this deck. It was clumsy and didn't feel that exciting to play. Sometimes you had to blow up your own stuff just to get rid of a Serra Angel. Sometimes you sat on Winter Orb and Icy Manipulator, grinding a game out forever without developing a lethal board yourself. But usually, this deck dominated.

4 Mishra's Workshop
4 Mishra's Factory
1 Black Lotus
1 Black Vise
4 Icy Manipulator
4 Juggernaut
1 Mana Vault
1 Mox Emerald
1 Mox Jet
1 Mox Pearl
1 Mox Ruby
1 Mox Sapphire