Sports League: Season 6 Sign-Ups and Info

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Hey guys, just a heads up that I'll be gone starting 5/19 and be back 6/5, so I probably won't be able to start until then.

turgy22

Nothing Special
What's with the numbers alongside the card names in the Free Agent sheet? At first I thought they were quantities, but then I noticed that some of the numbers were 0 and some of them were suspiciously high for the rarity, so I'm assuming it's something else...
The numbers indicate the number of seasons that a card has been in the free agent pool. Once the season starts, all cards with a 3 next to them will be retired and all other cards will have their numbers incremented by one. We decided to do this to make the free agent pool as manageable as possible.

Also note, if you didn't read it in the main post here, that we also retire cards for exceptional performances. This was started last season as a way to keep the decks balanced and to force them to evolve over time. After each game you play, you can choose one of your opponent's cards as an "MVP" of that game. Once a card reaches 12 votes, it will be retired at the end of the season. Note that this vote is completely up to the player, so long as the card saw play during the game. You can even vote for your opponent's Volrath's Stronghold when it dominates a game by producing a single colorless mana and no one will judge you.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Mooseman or Rokapoke... who will make their cuts first?

C'mon guys. Spiderman's going to be back soon and you know how he hates waiting.

R

rokapoke

Well, I'm fully prepared to disappoint the webbed wonder. No cuts from me yet. Soon.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I am cutting these cards to get down to 70 cards
Riptide
Sylvan Scrying
Vitalize
Aquus Steed
Fortified Rampart
Abjure
Warchanter of Mogis
Sibsig Host
Black Oak of Odunos
Battle Brawler
Keeper of the Lens
War Flare
Servant of Tymaret
Nyx Infusion
Hooded Assassin
Pharika's Chosen
Abzan Guide
Resupply
Tethmos High Priest
Harvestguard Alseids
Setessan Battle Priest
Feral Invocation
Avenging Arrow
Hubris
Lost in a Labyrinth
Abzan Falconer
Spite of Mogis
Cavalry Pegasus
Hold at Bay
Master the Way
Aven Skirmisher
Spiteful Blow
Vandalize
Barrage of Boulders
Sea God's Revenge

turgy22

Nothing Special
Um... okay... so I think there's some confusion here. You currently have a pool of 80 cards, which would require you to cut 10. You have 35 on this list here. Which would be all well and good if they were all in your card pool, but most of them are not. I think you may have gotten some wires crossed with another event you're involved in. Please refer to the spreadsheet linked in the original post to get your current card pool. I moved the matches from your list to the bottom and highlighted them below.

I am cutting these cards to get down to 70 cards
Riptide
Sylvan Scrying
Vitalize
Aquus Steed
Fortified Rampart
Abjure
Warchanter of Mogis
Sibsig Host
Black Oak of Odunos
Battle Brawler
Keeper of the Lens
War Flare
Servant of Tymaret
Nyx Infusion
Hooded Assassin
Pharika's Chosen
Abzan Guide
Resupply
Tethmos High Priest
Harvestguard Alseids
Setessan Battle Priest
Feral Invocation
Avenging Arrow
Hubris
Lost in a Labyrinth
Abzan Falconer
Spite of Mogis
Cavalry Pegasus
Hold at Bay
Master the Way
Aven Skirmisher
Spiteful Blow
Vandalize
Barrage of Boulders
Sea God's Revenge

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
You can even vote for your opponent's Volrath's Stronghold when it dominates a game by producing a single colorless mana and no one will judge you.
Looking at this again, I see Volrath's Stronghold as the very card that received the most of these votes. But of course your example scenario is purely hypothetical, right? Not that I'd judge the person who hypothetically did this, anyway...

turgy22

Nothing Special
Looking at this again, I see Volrath's Stronghold as the very card that received the most of these votes. But of course your example scenario is purely hypothetical, right? Not that I'd judge the person who hypothetically did this, anyway...
Most of those votes were well-earned. The dominance in my hypothetical scenario was beyond my understanding.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Alright, I think I did mix up here. Did I change card pools at some time?
Yes. I think prior to last season, you changed from the pool that Oversoul currently has to your current pool. But I don't recognize most of the cards you cut from that group, either, so I'm thinking they're from something else entirely.

turgy22

Nothing Special
They're all hand-me downs, unless you started in season 1. The pool Mooseman's currently using was originally drafted by Ransac, but I used it for a few seasons, too. I think my current pool was drafted by BigBlue.