Sports League Season 4, Week 6: Turgy22 vs. Boogiepop

turgy22

Nothing Special
Block the drake with the Skirge.

Also, I forgot to tap my lands in my post. Tolaria West should be the only untapped land.

FYI: I posted a different response about 5 minutes ago, before looking at my hand. If you saw that post (in which I didn't block) and want to hold me to that move, that's fine. I'm not trying to cheat, I just didn't think before posting. Of course, if we were playing in real life, I should be punished for not thinking, but then again, if we were playing in real life, I'd also probably be looking at my hand instead of leaving it on a thumb drive in the other room.

B

boogiepop

I do that all the time so I'm not about to throw stones, heh. Besides, I have a play.
Wrap in Vigor (Regenerate each creature you control.)

I'm tapped out, so any responses?

B

boogiepop

That's 3, I'm done.

boogiepop: 18
Hand: 3
Library: 30
Battlefield:

(U,U,T) Forest x3

(T) Nessian Courser (3/3)
(T) Uktabi Drake (2/1, flying, haste, echo: 1GG)

(U) Mogg Cannon (Tap: Target creature you control gets +1/+0 and gains flying until end of turn. Destroy that creature at the beginning of the next end step.)

Graveyard:
Exile:Wrap in Vigor
====================================================================
turgy22: 16
Hand:5
Library: 29
Battlefield:
(TT) Swamp x2
(T) Island x1
(U) Tolaria West (T: Add U; Tolaria West enters the battlefield tapped; Transmute: 1UU)

(T) Mourning Thrull (1/1; Flying; Lifelink or something very much like it.)

Graveyard: Tethered Skirge
Exile:

turgy22

Nothing Special
UUD
Swamp.
Attack with Thrull.
Assuming no response...
Woebringer Demon.
Done.

boogiepop: 17
Battlefield:

(U,U,T) Forest x3

(T) Nessian Courser (3/3)
(T) Uktabi Drake (2/1, flying, haste, echo: 1GG)

(U) Mogg Cannon (Tap: Target creature you control gets +1/+0 and gains flying until end of turn. Destroy that creature at the beginning of the next end step.)

Graveyard:
turgy22: 17
Hand:4
Library: 28
Battlefield:
(TTT) Swamp x2
(T) Island x1
(T) Tolaria West (T: Add U; Tolaria West enters the battlefield tapped; Transmute: 1UU)

(S) Woebringer Demon (4/4; Flying; At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player sacrifices a creature. If the player can't, sacrifice Woebringer Demon.)

Exile:

B

boogiepop

Yikes.

Untap. Upkeep.
I can choose which triggers first at the beginning of my upkeep, correct? If so, I'm going to sac the Drake before having to pay its Echo cost.

Battlefield:

(U,U,U) Forest x3

(U) Nessian Courser (3/3)
(U) Uktabi Drake (2/1, flying, haste, echo: 1GG)

Graveyard:
Battlefield:
(TTT) Swamp x2
(T) Island x1
(T) Tolaria West (T: Add U; Tolaria West enters the battlefield tapped; Transmute: 1UU)

(S) Woebringer Demon (4/4; Flying; At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player sacrifices a creature. If the player can't, sacrifice Woebringer Demon.)

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I think you're supposed to put all of the effects that you control as the active player first on the stack, then any effects the non-active players has, but it amounts to the same end result.

B

boogiepop

Does it then? Since I control the Drake, wouldn't my echo payment have to come first then?
Sorry, I just want to make sure I'm not screwing things up.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
No, you control the Drake so you put it on the stack first, then you put the Demon's ability on the stack next, so when the stack starts resolving, the Demon's ability gets resolved first and you can sac the Drake to it.

B

boogiepop

Ohh, I see what you mean. Thank you for clearing that up.

B

boogiepop

Mountain.
Done.

I'll play Solfatara during your upkeep.

(Target player can't play land cards this turn.
Draw a card at the beginning of the next turn's upkeep.)

Battlefield:

(U,U,U) Forest x3
(U) Mountain x1

Graveyard: Wrap in Vigor, Uktabi Drake
Exile:
Battlefield:
(TTT) Swamp x2
(T) Island x1

Exile:

turgy22

Nothing Special
Untap. Upkeep - sac my thrull. Draw.
Primal Plasma (as a 3/3 creature).
Done.

Battlefield:

(U,U,U) Forest x3
(U) Mountain x1

Graveyard: Wrap in Vigor, Uktabi Drake
Exile:
Library: 27
Battlefield:
(UTT) Swamp x3
(T) Island x1

(U) Woebringer Demon (4/4; Flying; At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player sacrifices a creature. If the player can't, sacrifice Woebringer Demon.)
(S) Primal Plasma (3/3; As Primal Plasma enters the battlefield, it becomes your choice of a 3/3 creature, a 2/2 creature with flying, or a 1/6 creature with defender.)

Graveyard: Tethered Skirge, Mourning Thrull
Exile:

B

boogiepop

Ah, you shouldn't have been able to play that Swamp due to the Solfatara.

Untap, Upkeep. Draw a card, sac the Courser. Draw.
Forest.
Done.

Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U) Forest x4
(U) Mountain x1

Graveyard: Wrap in Vigor, Uktabi Drake, Solfatara, Nessian Courser
Exile:
Battlefield:
(UTT) Swamp x3
(T) Island x1

(U) Woebringer Demon (4/4; Flying; At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player sacrifices a creature. If the player can't, sacrifice Woebringer Demon.)
(S) Primal Plasma (3/3; As Primal Plasma enters the battlefield, it becomes your choice of a 3/3 creature, a 2/2 creature with flying, or a 1/6 creature with defender.)

Graveyard: Tethered Skirge, Mourning Thrull
Exile:

turgy22

Nothing Special
Ah, you shouldn't have been able to play that Swamp due to the Solfatara.
I didn't play a Swamp. I had three Swamps in play on my last turn (when I played the Demon); I just didn't update the number on the screen (I had 3 Ts, but not the x3). You can double check my land play, if you like. I've played one per turn for my first five turns: 1. Tolaria West 2. Swamp 3. Swamp 4. Island (I forgot to say that one in my post, though I did update the board) 5. Swamp (the turn I played the demon) 6. Nothing (last turn, when you played Solfatara).

Untap. Upkeep - sac my demon. Draw.
Island.
Attack with Primal Plasma.
Response?

Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U) Forest x4
(U) Mountain x1

Exile:
Library: 26
Battlefield:
(UUU) Swamp x3
(UU) Island x2
(U) Tolaria West (T: Add U; Tolaria West enters the battlefield tapped; Transmute: 1UU)

(T,A) Primal Plasma (3/3; As Primal Plasma enters the battlefield, it becomes your choice of a 3/3 creature, a 2/2 creature with flying, or a 1/6 creature with defender.)

Graveyard: Tethered Skirge, Mourning Thrull, Woebringer Demon
Exile:

B

boogiepop

Ah, my bad. I just noticed the discrepancy between the two game updates.

Anyway, no response.

turgy22

Nothing Special
3 to you.
Ramirez DePietro.
Done.

boogiepop: 14
Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U) Forest x4
(U) Mountain x1

Exile:
Hand:3
Battlefield:
(TTT) Swamp x3
(TT) Island x2

(T) Primal Plasma (3/3; As Primal Plasma enters the battlefield, it becomes your choice of a 3/3 creature, a 2/2 creature with flying, or a 1/6 creature with defender.)
(S) Ramirez DePietro (4/3; First strike)

Exile:

B

boogiepop

Ugh.

UUD
Another Forest. Tangle Golem and Ghitu Fire-Eater.
Done

Hand: 1
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,U) Forest x5
(T) Mountain x1

(S) Tangle Golem (5/4, Affinity for Forests.)

(S) Ghitu Fire-Eater (2/2, Tap, Sacrifice ~: ~ deals damage equal to its power to target creature or player.)

Exile:
Battlefield:
(TTT) Swamp x3
(TT) Island x2

(T) Primal Plasma (3/3; As Primal Plasma enters the battlefield, it becomes your choice of a 3/3 creature, a 2/2 creature with flying, or a 1/6 creature with defender.)
(S) Ramirez DePietro (4/3; First strike)

Exile:

turgy22

Nothing Special
UUD
Attack with Ramirez.
Blocks?

Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,U) Forest x5
(T) Mountain x1

(S) Ghitu Fire-Eater (2/2, Tap, Sacrifice ~: ~ deals damage equal to its power to target creature or player.)

Exile:
Library: 25
Battlefield:
(UUU) Swamp x3
(UU) Island x2

(U) Primal Plasma (3/3; As Primal Plasma enters the battlefield, it becomes your choice of a 3/3 creature, a 2/2 creature with flying, or a 1/6 creature with defender.)
(T,A) Ramirez DePietro (4/3; First strike)

Exile:

turgy22

Nothing Special
4 to you.
Darkling Stalker.
Done.

boogiepop: 10
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,U) Forest x5
(T) Mountain x1

Exile:
Library: 25
Battlefield:
(TUU) Swamp x3
(TT) Island x2

(U) Primal Plasma (3/3; As Primal Plasma enters the battlefield, it becomes your choice of a 3/3 creature, a 2/2 creature with flying, or a 1/6 creature with defender.)
(T) Ramirez DePietro (4/3; First strike)
(S) Darkling Stalker (1/1; B: Regenerate; B: This gets +1/+1 until end of turn.)

Exile: