Sports League Season 4, Week 5: Spidey vs rokapoke

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Not yet, activate the CoP twice to prevent dmg from the Courser and Nacatl (waiting for the first to resolve before activating the second)

Dmg can resolve if you don't have anything after that.

R

rokapoke

Not yet, activate the CoP twice to prevent dmg from the Courser and Nacatl (waiting for the first to resolve before activating the second)
No need to wait like that -- you pick the source each time you activate the Circle.

Anyway, results of combat:
Basilisk slips through for 1 to you.
Nacatl and Courser slip through but have damage prevented.
Shaman deals 3 damage to Recluse and takes a lethal 2 damage.

After combat, Tim the Recluse for lethal damage.
Needlepeak Spider.
Done.

Rokapoke: 20
Hand: 2
Library: 25
Battlefield:

(TTU) Forest x3
(TTU) Mountain x3

(T) Wild Nacatl (2/2; Cat Warrior; ~ gets +1/+1 as long as you control a Mountain. ~ gets +1/+1 as long as you control a Plains.)
(T) Nessian Courser (3/3; Centaur Warrior)
(T) Prodigal Pyromancer (1/1; Human Wizard; T: ~ deals 1 damage to target creature or player.)
(T) Lowland Basilisk (1/3; Basilisk; Whenever ~ deals damage to a creature, destroy that creature at end of combat.)
(S) Needlepeak Spider (4/2; Spider; Reach (This creature can block creatures with flying.))

Graveyard: Bloodpyre Elemental, Nantuko Shaman
Exile:
------------------------------------------------------------------
Spiderman: 14
Hand: 3
Library: 46
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T) Swamp x4
(T,T,T) Plains x3

CoP: Green (1: The next time a green source of my choice would deal dmg to me this turn, prevent that dmg)

(S) Gorgon Recluse (2/4; Whenever ~ blocks or becomes blocked by a nonblack creature, destroy that creature at end of combat.; Madness BB) ** DEAD? **

Graveyard: Veteran Armorsmith, Nomads en-Kor
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Cripes... forgot about the Pyromancer.

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Swamp

Done.

Hand: 2
Library: 26
Battlefield:

(TTU) Forest x3
(TTU) Mountain x3

(T) Wild Nacatl (2/2; Cat Warrior; ~ gets +1/+1 as long as you control a Mountain. ~ gets +1/+1 as long as you control a Plains.)
(T) Nessian Courser (3/3; Centaur Warrior)
(T) Prodigal Pyromancer (1/1; Human Wizard; T: ~ deals 1 damage to target creature or player.)
(T) Lowland Basilisk (1/3; Basilisk; Whenever ~ deals damage to a creature, destroy that creature at end of combat.)
(S) Needlepeak Spider (4/2; Spider; Reach (This creature can block creatures with flying.))

Exile:
Spiderman: 14
Library: 45
Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U,U) Swamp x5
(U,U,U) Plains x3

CoP: Green (1: The next time a green source of my choice would deal dmg to me this turn, prevent that dmg)

Graveyard: Veteran Armorsmith, Nomads en-Kor, Gorgon Recluse
Exile:

R

rokapoke

Incidentally, I had forgotten to reduce my library after drawing last turn. I have fixed my card count.

Untap, upkeep, draw.
Attack with Spider.
Done.

Library: 24
Battlefield:

(TTU) Forest x3
(TTU) Mountain x3

(U) Wild Nacatl (2/2; Cat Warrior; ~ gets +1/+1 as long as you control a Mountain. ~ gets +1/+1 as long as you control a Plains.)
(U) Nessian Courser (3/3; Centaur Warrior)
(U) Prodigal Pyromancer (1/1; Human Wizard; T: ~ deals 1 damage to target creature or player.)
(U) Lowland Basilisk (1/3; Basilisk; Whenever ~ deals damage to a creature, destroy that creature at end of combat.)
(T) Needlepeak Spider (4/2; Spider; Reach (This creature can block creatures with flying.))

Exile:
Spiderman: 14 (10?)
Library: 45
Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U,U) Swamp x5
(U,U,U) Plains x3

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Take it

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Plains

Done.

Library: 24
Battlefield:

(TTU) Forest x3
(TTU) Mountain x3

(U) Wild Nacatl (2/2; Cat Warrior; ~ gets +1/+1 as long as you control a Mountain. ~ gets +1/+1 as long as you control a Plains.)
(U) Prodigal Pyromancer (1/1; Human Wizard; T: ~ deals 1 damage to target creature or player.)
(U) Lowland Basilisk (1/3; Basilisk; Whenever ~ deals damage to a creature, destroy that creature at end of combat.)
(T) Needlepeak Spider (4/2; Spider; Reach (This creature can block creatures with flying.))

Exile:
Spiderman: 10
Library: 44
Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U,U) Swamp x5
(U,U,U,U) Plains x4

Exile:

R

rokapoke

EOT, Tim you for 1.

Untap, upkeep, draw.
Forest.
Attack with Spider.
Done.

Library: 23
Battlefield:

(UUUU) Forest x4
(UUU) Mountain x3

Exile:
Spiderman: 9 (5?)
Library: 44
Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U,U) Swamp x5
(U,U,U,U) Plains x4

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, draw.

Done.

Library: 23
Battlefield:

(UUUU) Forest x4
(UUU) Mountain x3

Exile:
Spiderman: 5
Hand: 4
Library: 43
Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U,U) Swamp x5
(U,U,U,U) Plains x4

Exile:

R

rokapoke

EOT Tim you for 1.

Untap, upkeep, draw.

Attack with Spider for the game?

Library: 22
Battlefield:

(UUUU) Forest x4
(UUU) Mountain x3

Exile:
Spiderman: 4 (0?)
Library: 43
Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U,U) Swamp x5
(U,U,U,U) Plains x4

Exile:

R

rokapoke

I'm glad I got a decent-sized red creature to get around that CoP. Second turn? That had some potential to ruin my game!

Good game.

I got really lucky to draw that Bloodpyre Elemental when I did -- I would've hated to deal with those Nomads all game.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I know, I was hoping that would shut down half your deck and my removal could take care the of rest... alas...