Sports League Season 4, Week 4: Turgy22 vs. Mooseman

Discussion in 'Games Run By CPA Members' started by turgy22, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

Looks bad forme
    UUD
    Done.

Turgy22: 7
    Hand: 2
    Library: 23
    Battlefield:
    (UUT) Swamp x3
    (UUTTT) Island x5

(U) Phyrexian Rager (2/2; CIP: I draw a card and lose a life.)
    (T) Moon Heron (3/2; Flying)
    (U) Wurmcoil Engine (6/6; Lifelink; Deathtouch; When Wurmcoil Engine dies, put a 3/3 colorless Wurm artifact creature token with deathtouch and a 3/3 colorless Wurm artifact creature token with lifelink onto the battlefield.)
    (S) Primal Plasma (2/2; Flying; As Primal Plasma enters the battlefield, it becomes your choice of a 3/3 creature, a 2/2 creature with flying, or a 1/6 creature with defender.)

Graveyard: Ravenous Rats, Gravedigger, Bone Shredder

Exile:

====================================================================

Mooseman: 10
    Hand:2
    Library:25
    Battlefield:

(UU) Island
    (UU) Swamp
    (UUUU) Forest

(U) Nirkana Cutthroat (7/6, Level up {2}{B} : Put a level counter on this. Level up only as a sorcery.) LEVEL 1-2 4/3 Deathtouch LEVEL 3+ 5/4 First strike, deathtouch ) ~3 lvl cntr~ ~2 +1/+1 cntr~
    (S) Durkwood Boars (4/4 )

Graveyard: Elven Rite, Canopy Spider, Titanic Bulvox
    Exile:
  2. turgy22 Nothing Special

I know how that feels.
    UUD
    Attack with both flyers.
    Response?

Hand: 3
    Library: 22
    Battlefield:
    (UUU) Swamp x3
    (UUUUU) Island x5

(T,A) Moon Heron (3/2; Flying)
    (U) Wurmcoil Engine (6/6; Lifelink; Deathtouch; When Wurmcoil Engine dies, put a 3/3 colorless Wurm artifact creature token with deathtouch and a 3/3 colorless Wurm artifact creature token with lifelink onto the battlefield.)
    (T,A) Primal Plasma (2/2; Flying; As Primal Plasma enters the battlefield, it becomes your choice of a 3/3 creature, a 2/2 creature with flying, or a 1/6 creature with defender.)

Exile:

Mooseman: 10
    Battlefield:

(UU) Island
    (UU) Swamp
    (UUUU) Forest

(U) Nirkana Cutthroat (7/6, Level up {2}{B} : Put a level counter on this. Level up only as a sorcery.) LEVEL 1-2 4/3 Deathtouch LEVEL 3+ 5/4 First strike, deathtouch ) ~3 lvl cntr~ ~2 +1/+1 cntr~

Exile:
  3. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

can't block
  4. turgy22 Nothing Special

5 damage to you.
    Swamp.
    Done.

Battlefield:
    (UUUU) Swamp x4
    (UUUUU) Island x5

(T) Primal Plasma (2/2; Flying; As Primal Plasma enters the battlefield, it becomes your choice of a 3/3 creature, a 2/2 creature with flying, or a 1/6 creature with defender.)

Exile:

Mooseman: 5
    Battlefield:

(UU) Island
    (UU) Swamp
    (UUUU) Forest

Exile:
  5. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

UUD
    Aven Augur
    Done.

Battlefield:
    (UUUU) Swamp x4
    (UUUUU) Island x5

(T) Primal Plasma (2/2; Flying; As Primal Plasma enters the battlefield, it becomes your choice of a 3/3 creature, a 2/2 creature with flying, or a 1/6 creature with defender.)

Exile:

Mooseman: 5
    Library:24
    Battlefield:

(UT) Island
    (UT) Swamp
    (UUTT) Forest

(U) Durkwood Boars (4/4 )
    (S) Aven Augur (2/2, Flying. Sacrifice Aven Augur: Return up to two target creatures to their owners' hands. Activate this ability only during your upkeep.)

Exile:
  6. turgy22 Nothing Special

Untap, upkeep, draw.
    Attack with my two flyers.
    Block / response?
  7. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

Block the heron
    Resounding Roar on the Augur
  8. turgy22 Nothing Special

Heron dies.
    You take 2.
    Thalakos Mistfolk.
    Done.

Battlefield:
    (UUUT) Swamp x4
    (UUUTT) Island x5

(S) Thalakos Mistfolk (2/1; Shadow; U: Put Thalakos Mistfolk on top of its owner's library.)

Graveyard: Ravenous Rats, Gravedigger, Bone Shredder, Moon Heron

Exile:

Mooseman: 3
    Hand:1
    Battlefield:

(UT) Island
    (UT) Swamp
    (UUTT) Forest

(S) Aven Augur (2/2, Flying. Sacrifice Aven Augur: Return up to two target creatures to their owners' hands. Activate this ability only during your upkeep.)

Graveyard: Elven Rite, Canopy Spider, Titanic Bulvox, Resounding Roar

Exile:
  9. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

UU
    Sac Augur To bounce the Wurmcoil and Rager
    Response?

Battlefield:
    (UUUT) Swamp x4
    (UUUTT) Island x5

(S) Thalakos Mistfolk (2/1; Shadow; U: Put Thalakos Mistfolk on top of its owner's library.)

Exile:

Battlefield:

(UU) Island
    (UU) Swamp
    (UUUU) Forest

Graveyard: Elven Rite, Canopy Spider, Titanic Bulvox, Resounding Roar, Aven Augur

Exile:
  10. turgy22 Nothing Special

11. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

Attack with both
    Response?

Hand: 4 (Phyrexian Rager, Wurmcoil Engine)
    Battlefield:
    (UUUT) Swamp x4
    (UUUTT) Island x5

Exile:

Battlefield:

(UU) Island
    (UU) Swamp
    (UUUU) Forest

(T) Nirkana Cutthroat (7/6, Level up {2}{B} : Put a level counter on this. Level up only as a sorcery.) LEVEL 1-2 4/3 Deathtouch LEVEL 3+ 5/4 First strike, deathtouch ) ~3 lvl cntr~ ~2 +1/+1 cntr~
    (T) Durkwood Boars (4/4 )

Graveyard: Elven Rite, Canopy Spider, Titanic Bulvox, Resounding Roar, Aven Augur
    Exile:
  12. turgy22 Nothing Special

I got nothing.

Great game! Very well-played at the end there.
  13. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

Good one!
    I was waiting for some kind of shoe to drop with the augur......
    I really wanted to draft the Wurmcoil, but you snagged right be fore me.
  14. turgy22 Nothing Special

Haha... no. You took Evil Twin, instead. I thought the Wurmcoil was the best overall card in the draft. I was surprised when both you and Spiderman passed on it. Not that it's done me a whole lot of good this season... I think the decks overall are getting too fast for mine.
  15. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

That was actually going to be in my next round of picks, but whatever I picked first (see how memorable it was?), I thought fit my deck a bit better and/or I didn't want it used against me by those players who had the same color. I guess we'll see...
  16. turgy22 Nothing Special

You picked Sword of the Meek first. Definitely a good fit for your deck and, really, a good fit in any deck. I just didn't view it as having the same game-changing power as the Wurmcoil. Of course, now that the games are starting, it seems a lot better to have a bunch of small creatures that you can get out quickly than to have to wait six turns before getting a big creature in play.
  17. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Ah, yes, thank you. Yes, I was thinking that I seemed to be winning mostly by speed before everyone got out their big guns so the Sword would help with that. I guess it's kinda working, so far...