Sports League Season 4, Week 10: Melkor vs. turgy22

Discussion in 'Games Run By CPA Members' started by Melkor, May 8, 2013.

1. turgy22 Nothing Special

Well, this is going poorly fast.
    Untap, upkeep, draw.
    Moriok Replica.
    Done.

Melkor: 18
    Hand: 0
    Library: 28
    Battlefield:

(T) (U) Island x2
    (T) (T) (U) Plains x2

(U) Minister of Impediments (1/1, T: Tap target creature)
    (T) Chronozoa (3/3, Flying, Vanishing 3, When Chronozoa dies, if it had no time counters on it, put two tokens that are copies of it onto the battlefield.) 1 time counters
    (U) Watchwing Scarecrow (2/4, if you control a white creature ~ gains Vigilance, if you control a blue creature ~ gains Flying)
    (S) Riftmarked Knight (2/2, Flanking, Protection from Black, other suspend stuff not relevant here)

Graveyard: Coralhelm Commander, Thornwind Faeries, Gaseous Form
    Exile:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

turgy22: 8
    Hand: 5
    Library: 24
    Battlefield:

(TUTUT) Swamp x5

(U) Dunerider Outlaw (1/1; Pro-green; At the beginning of each end step, if Dunerider Outlaw dealt damage to an opponent this turn, put a +1/+1 counter on it.)
    (U) Ravenous Rats (1/1; When Ravenous Rats enters the battlefield, target opponent discards a card.)
    (U) Gravedigger (2/2; When Gravedigger enters the battlefield, you may return target creature card from your graveyard to your hand.)
    (S) Moriok Replica (2/2; Same thing as before with the sacrificing and the drawing and the slowly killing myself.)

Graveyard: Enfeeblement, Terror
    Exile:
  2. Melkor Active Member

Untap, Upkeep (Chronozoa vanishes, but it comes back and in greater numbers), Draw

Plains, attack with Watchwing Scarecrow and Riftmarked Knight, responses?
    Library: 27
    Battlefield:

(U) (U) Island x2
    (U) (U) (U) (U) Plains x4

(S) Chronozoa Token (3/3, Flying, Vanishing 3, When Chronozoa dies, if it had no time counters on it, put two tokens that are copies of it onto the battlefield.) 3 time counters
    (S) Chronozoa Token (3/3, Flying, Vanishing 3, When Chronozoa dies, if it had no time counters on it, put two tokens that are copies of it onto the battlefield.) 3 time
    (U) Watchwing Scarecrow (2/4, if you control a white creature ~ gains Vigilance, if you control a blue creature ~ gains Flying)
    (T) Riftmarked Knight (2/2, Flanking, Protection from Black, other suspend stuff not relevant here)

Exile:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

turgy22: 8
    Battlefield:

(TUTUT) Swamp x5

(U) Dunerider Outlaw (1/1; Pro-green; At the beginning of each end step, if Dunerider Outlaw dealt damage to an opponent this turn, put a +1/+1 counter on it.)
    (U) Ravenous Rats (1/1; When Ravenous Rats enters the battlefield, target opponent discards a card.)
    (U) Gravedigger (2/2; When Gravedigger enters the battlefield, you may return target creature card from your graveyard to your hand.)
    (S) Moriok Replica (2/2; Same thing as before with the sacrificing and the drawing and the slowly killing myself.)

Graveyard: Enfeeblement, Terror
    Exile:
  3. turgy22 Nothing Special

Block the knight with replica.
    Before the combat damage phase, I'll sacrifice the replica to draw two and take two damage anyway.
  4. Melkor Active Member

Lose 4 total, and the Replica, done

Library: 27
    Battlefield:

(U) (U) Island x2
    (U) (U) (U) (U) Plains x4

(S) Chronozoa Token (3/3, Flying, Vanishing 3, When Chronozoa dies, if it had no time counters on it, put two tokens that are copies of it onto the battlefield.) 3 time counters
    (S) Chronozoa Token (3/3, Flying, Vanishing 3, When Chronozoa dies, if it had no time counters on it, put two tokens that are copies of it onto the battlefield.) 3 time
    (T) Riftmarked Knight (2/2, Flanking, Protection from Black, other suspend stuff not relevant here)

Exile:

turgy22: 4
    Battlefield:

(TUTUT) Swamp x5

Graveyard: Enfeeblement, Terror, Moriok Replica
    Exile:
  5. turgy22 Nothing Special

But, at least I get two cards.
    And I get to untap.
    And I get to draw another.
    And.... I'm dead.

Good game.
  6. Melkor Active Member

Playing these games reminds me how quickly 20 life can disappear when you don't have easy access to reset buttons. Good game, I had the perfect pressure hand.