Untap, Upkeep, Draw

Island, done

Rokapoke: 13
Hand: 5
Library: 21
Battlefield:

(UUU) Mountain x3
(UUUU) Forest x4

(U) Prodigal Pyromancer (1/1; Human Wizard; T: ~ deals 1 damage to target creature or player.)

Graveyard: Ghitu Slinger, Fiery Temper, Pitchburn Devils, Wild Nacatl, Ghitu Slinger, Lowland Basilisk
Exile:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Melkor: 8
Hand: 1
Library: 20
Battlefield:

(U) (U) (U) (U) (U) Island x5
(U) (U) (U) (U) Plains x4

Humility (All creatures lose all abilities and are 1/1)

Graveyard: Shinewend, Fencer Clique, Tundra Wolves, Godhead of Awe, Woeleecher, Watchwing Scarecrow, Riftmarked Knight, Minister of Impediments, Thornwind Faeries
Exile:

R

rokapoke

UUD.
Attack with Pyromancer.
If you have no responses, I'm done.

Hand: 6
Battlefield:

(UUU) Mountain x3
(UUUU) Forest x4

(T) Prodigal Pyromancer (1/1; Human Wizard; T: ~ deals 1 damage to target creature or player.)

Graveyard: Ghitu Slinger, Fiery Temper, Pitchburn Devils, Wild Nacatl, Ghitu Slinger, Lowland Basilisk
Exile:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Melkor: 8 (7?)
Battlefield:

Graveyard: Shinewend, Fencer Clique, Tundra Wolves, Godhead of Awe, Woeleecher, Watchwing Scarecrow, Riftmarked Knight, Minister of Impediments, Thornwind Faeries
Exile:

Melkor

Untap, Upkeep, Draw

Done

Battlefield:

(UUU) Mountain x3
(UUUU) Forest x4

(T) Prodigal Pyromancer (1/1; Human Wizard; T: ~ deals 1 damage to target creature or player.)

Exile:
Melkor: 7
Hand: 2
Battlefield:

Exile:

R

rokapoke

UUD.
Attack with Pyromancer.
Assuming no response, I'm done.

Hand: 7
Library: 19
Battlefield:

(UUU) Mountain x3
(UUUU) Forest x4

Exile:
Melkor: 7 (6?)
Battlefield:

Exile:

Melkor

Untap, Upkeep, Draw

Soltari Emissary, done

Library: 19
Battlefield:

(UUU) Mountain x3
(UUUU) Forest x4

Exile:
Melkor: 6
Library: 18
Battlefield:

(T) (U) (U) (U) (U) Island x5
(T) (U) (U) (U) Plains x4

(S) Soltari Emissary (2/1, W: ~ gains Shadow until end of turn)

Exile:

R

rokapoke

UUD.
Attack.
Block/response?

Hand: 8
Battlefield:

(UUU) Mountain x3
(UUUU) Forest x4

Exile:
Battlefield:

Exile:

R

rokapoke

In response, I'll cast Simoon for RG to deal 1 damage to each of your creatures.

Pending further response, the Emissary is slated to die and Anoint is slated to head to your graveyard.

Melkor

So in order to save time I just threw the Anoint out there, I would have waited until damage was dealt in a real game (assuming the rules still allow that, they changed combat in some way I don't remember). If you want to be a stickler than I'll just suck it up, otherwise you can figure out how you want to play it.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Combat no longer uses the stack, so your plan wouldn't work Melkor. If you want to use the Anoint to save the Emissary, you'd have to do so before damage is assigned and therefore rokapoke would still have time to react with the Simoon and not lose his creature.

R

rokapoke

Ultimately, I think that regardless of new/old timing rules, if you don't counter or respond to my Simoon, it trumps your Anoint. So we'll assume you played the Anoint at the exact time for it to be most beneficial, but as soon as that stacks I throw down the Simoon.

So. Prodigal Pyromancer, having been blocked by a creature that is no longer around, dances a jig in your general vicinity but deals no damage.
Done.

Battlefield:

(TUU) Mountain x3
(TUUU) Forest x4

Graveyard: Ghitu Slinger, Fiery Temper, Pitchburn Devils, Wild Nacatl, Ghitu Slinger, Lowland Basilisk, Simoon
Exile:
Battlefield:

(T) (T) (T) (U) (U) Island x5
(T) (T) (T) (U) Plains x4

Graveyard: Shinewend, Fencer Clique, Tundra Wolves, Godhead of Awe, Woeleecher, Watchwing Scarecrow, Riftmarked Knight, Minister of Impediments, Thornwind Faeries, Anoint, Soltari Emissary
Exile:

Melkor

Under the old rules I would have been able to kill your Pyromancer in this situation, because I could wait until the Emissary's damage was on the stack before casting Anoint.

Untap, Upkeep, Draw

Cast Blade of the Sixth Pride, done

Battlefield:

(TUU) Mountain x3
(TUUU) Forest x4

Graveyard: Ghitu Slinger, Fiery Temper, Pitchburn Devils, Wild Nacatl, Ghitu Slinger, Lowland Basilisk, Simoon
Exile:
Battlefield:

(S) Blade of the Sixth Pride (3/1)
Graveyard: Shinewend, Fencer Clique, Tundra Wolves, Godhead of Awe, Woeleecher, Watchwing Scarecrow, Riftmarked Knight, Minister of Impediments, Thornwind Faeries, Anoint, Soltari Emissary
Exile:

turgy22

Nothing Special
Melkor is correct, based on the old rules. Combat damage would stack, giving you a chance to use effects that would remove the damage-dealing creatures from play before their damage resolved as normal. The change seriously weakened creatures with sacrifice effects (like Ravenous Baloth) because now if your opponent blocks with something where both creatures would die, you can't deal the damage and get the benefit from sacrificing. You used to be able to do this from 6th edition rules through Magic 2010, IIRC.

R

rokapoke

I never understood why WOTC kept fiddling with combat. It was fine back when it used the stack -- in fact, the stack was then consistent! I also never understood what made banding so complicated. It's easy, and powerful!

Regardless...

UUD.
Attack with Pyromancer.
Block/response?

Hand: 8
Library: 17
Battlefield:

(UUU) Mountain x3
(UUUU) Forest x4

Exile:
Battlefield:

(S) Blade of the Sixth Pride (3/1)
Exile:

R

rokapoke

I'll pay G to cast Ranger's Guile (Target creature gets +1/+1 and gains hexproof until end of turn (it can't be the target of spells or abilities your opponents control)) on my Pyromancer.

R

rokapoke

Blade dies.
Nessian Courser.
Done.

Library: 17
Battlefield:

(TTU) Mountain x3
(TTUU) Forest x4

(S) Nessian Courser (3/3; Centaur Warrior)

Graveyard: Ghitu Slinger, Fiery Temper, Pitchburn Devils, Wild Nacatl, Ghitu Slinger, Lowland Basilisk, Simoon, Ranger's Guile
Exile:
Battlefield:

Graveyard: Shinewend, Fencer Clique, Tundra Wolves, Godhead of Awe, Woeleecher, Watchwing Scarecrow, Riftmarked Knight, Minister of Impediments, Thornwind Faeries, Anoint, Soltari Emissary, Blade of the Sixth Pride
Exile: