Sports League Season 4 Championship: Rokapoke vs. Melkor

R

rokapoke

Untap, upkeep, draw.
Attack with Pyromancer and Slinger for the win...
Responses?

Melkor: 2
Hand: 1
Library: 20
Battlefield:

(U) (U) (U) (U) Island x4
(U) (U) (U) (U) Plains x4

Gaseous Form (Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt to and dealt by enchanted creature.)
Humility (All creatures lose all abilities and are 1/1.)

Graveyard: Blade of the Sixth Pride, Thornwind Faeries, Time Ebb, Watchwing Scarecrow, Coralhelm Commander, Godhead of Awe, Soltari Emissary, Belltower Sphinx, Minister of Impediments, Shinewend, Chronozoa
Exile:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Rokapoke: 14
Hand: 3
Library: 18
Battlefield:

(UUUU) Mountain x4
(UUUUU) Forest x5

(T) Prodigal Pyromancer (2/2; Human Wizard; T: ~ deals 1 damage to target creature or player.) ** +1/+1 counter **
(U) Spined Wurm (5/4; Wurm) -Gaseous-
(T) Ghitu Slinger (2/2; Human Nomad; Echo 2R. When ~ enters the battlefield, it deals 2 damage to target creature or player.)

Graveyard: Simoon, Needlepeak Spider, Earthbrawn, Anaba Shaman, Ranger's Guile, Ghitu Slinger, Locust Swarm
Exile:

Melkor

No responses, that's another playoff failure for this veteran squad. I guess they just didn't want it enough.

R

rokapoke

Well, I enjoyed the series of games. And I'm super glad you couldn't get the Cursed Scroll going in game 2. That wouldn't have ended well for me.

Melkor

Technically Game 1; but yeah, Cursed Scroll would have been dominant if I hadn't had that land hiccup; really Cursed Scroll is my only chance against your deck apparently, because you won every game

turgy22

Nothing Special
Rokapoke's deck was dominant throughout the entire season. I believe he only had three losses total and all came to me. So he swept every other player except me and I swept him and lost at least one game (usually multiple) to every other player. Just goes to show the rock-scissors-paper relationship in Magic some times.

R

rokapoke

Yeah, I was dreading a championship match against the Takklemaggots. Thankfully, everything was coming up Milhouse!