Sports League Season 3 Week 13 -- Mooseman vs. Melkor

Discussion in 'Games Run By CPA Members' started by Mooseman, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

Supposed to be sub-tech and it does mean what you think.... knight was pro-black, so evasion was still working.
    Link is on the emissary.... wow I made a lot of clerical errors
    Untap, Upkeep, Draw
    Child of Night
    Done

Melkor: 19
    Hand:2
    Library: 26
    Battlefield:

(T) (T) (T) Island x3
    (T) (T) (U) Plains x3

(U) Cursed Scroll (3, T: Name a card. Reveal a card at random from your hand, if the revealed card is the named card, ~ deals 2 damage to target creature or player)
    (T) Advanced Hoverguard (2/2, Flying, U: ~ gains Shroud)
    (U) Soltari Emissary (2/1, W: ~ gains Shadow until end of turn) ~Linked~
    (S) Belltower Sphinx (2/5, Flying, whenever a source deals damage to ~, that source's controller puts that many cards from the top of his library into his graveyard)

Graveyard: Sage Owl, Riftmarked Knight, Watchwing Scarecrow
    Exile:

Mooseman: 6
    Hand: 0
    Battlefield:

(UTT) Swamp x2
    (U) Mountain
    (UU) Forest x2

Vampiric Link (EC, Whenever enchanted creature deals damage, you gain that much life.)
    (S) Child of Night (2/1, Lifelink )

Graveyard: Metallic Sliver, Prized Unicorn, Sandstorm, Chime of Night, Flamewave Invoker, Brain Gorgers
    Exile:
  2. Melkor Active Member

Untap, Upkeep, Draw

Island, attack with Hoverguard and Sphinx, cast Gaseous Form on Child of Night, activate Cursed Scroll naming Anoint, showing Anoint and targeting you, responses?

Melkor: 19
    Hand:2
    Battlefield:

(U) (U) (U) (U) Island x3
    (U) (U) (U) Plains x3

(U) Cursed Scroll (3, T: Name a card. Reveal a card at random from your hand, if the revealed card is the named card, ~ deals 2 damage to target creature or player)
    (T) Advanced Hoverguard (2/2, Flying, U: ~ gains Shroud)
    (U) Soltari Emissary (2/1, W: ~ gains Shadow until end of turn) ~Linked~
    (T) Belltower Sphinx (2/5, Flying, whenever a source deals damage to ~, that source's controller puts that many cards from the top of his library into his graveyard)

Graveyard: Sage Owl, Riftmarked Knight, Watchwing Scarecrow
    Exile:

Mooseman: 6
    Hand: 0
    Battlefield:

(UTT) Swamp x2
    (U) Mountain
    (UU) Forest x2

Vampiric Link (EC, Whenever enchanted creature deals damage, you gain that much life.)
    (S) Child of Night (2/1, Lifelink )

Graveyard: Metallic Sliver, Prized Unicorn, Sandstorm, Chime of Night, Flamewave Invoker, Brain Gorgers
    Exile:
  3. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

Yeah, I thought you would be able to get that to work. I almost just guessed a card in your hand to make it easier for you.
    I got nothing going in that one..... should have mulliganed the invoker away, since it is a mid game card.
    Great one, you controlled the game from the start.......
  4. Melkor Active Member

Yeah, you just never got going and I had all the answers, which makes the game easy
  5. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

The Anoint with buyback was the killer.
    That time I thought I'd put in the red to throw a curve ball..... have to rethink that one.