Sports League Season 2, Match 3: Spidey vs Mooseman

Discussion in 'Games Run By CPA Members' started by Spiderman, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

I need a refresher on how the new blocking scheme works. Do you choose who to deal damage to or do you need to deal at least one to each guy or how does it work now?
  2. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

I get to order your blockers and then have to deal at least enough damage to 1st to kill it (both are 1), then deal to next, if any left....
    BTW, you need to have regen shield up before combat damage. There is no stack during combat damage.
    So you need 2 regens to redirect damage to it from the Nomads
  3. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Yeah, I remembered that combat dmg just resolves and doesn't use the stack anymore (which is why I asked, to make sure I try to do everyone before it resolves).

Which means I also need to activate the Nomad's ability, right? :)

So I'll activate the Nomad's ability twice (because it redirects just 1 dmg, not the whole she-bang, right?) and I'll tap BB to put two regen shields on the Skeletons because:

a) if you assign all dmg to the Skeletons, it only has to regen once
    b) if you assign 1 dmg to the Skeletons and 1 to the Nomads, I need a shield for each
    c) if you assign the dmg to the Nomads, I redirect twice so I need two regen shields

Correct? If so, that's what I do.
  4. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

So, you block and regen as I expected.
    I'll deal 1 to nomads and then 1 to Skeletons...
    I gain 3 life
    Done

Spidey: 12
    Hand: 1
    Library: 23
    Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U) Plains x4
    (U,U,U,U,U) Swamp x5

(U) Nomads en-Kor (1/1; 0: The next 1 dmg that would be dealt to ~ this turn is dealt to target creature I control instead)
    (U) Skyshroud Falcon (1/1; Flying; Vigilance)
    (T) Drudge Skeletons (1/1; B: Regen ~)

Graveyard: Coercion, Skyhunter Prowler, Dash Hopes, Lose Hope, Guardian Idol
    Exile:

Mooseman: 6
    Library: 22
    Battlefield:

(U) Plains
    (UTT) Swamp
    (U) Mountain
    (UT) Forest
    (T) Darksteel Citadel (L, Darksteel Citadel is indestructible. T: Add 1 to your mana pool.)

Vampiric Link (Whenever enchanted creature deals damage, you gain that much life.)

(U) Muscle Sliver (2/2, All Slivers get +1/+1)
    (T) Metallic Sliver (2/2, Metallic Sliver counts as a Sliver.) ~Linked in~
    (U) Spined Sliver (2/2, Whenever a Sliver becomes blocked, that Sliver gets +1/+1 until end of turn for each creature blocking it)
    (U) Canopy Spider (1/3, Reach)
    (S) Mindwhip Sliver (2/2, Each Sliver gains “2, Sacrifice this creature: Target player discards a card at random. Play this ability as a sorcery.”)

Graveyard: Battering Sliver, Doom Blade, Metallic Sliver, Darkheart Sliver
    Exile:
  5. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Doesn't your attacking Sliver still die though, taking a point each from my Nomads and Skeletons?
  6. turgy22 Nothing Special

I think the effect from Spined Sliver means that you won't be able to kill any of them by blocking with multiples of 1/1 creatures.
  7. rokapoke Man Among Gods

You're gaining 3 life but you only actually dealt 2 damage... Maybe you should deal your other point, too.
  8. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

My bad about the Spined Sliver. Doh!

I think Mooseman thinks the redirected point of dmg is also coming from Sliver and is the additional point? Or is it just redirected and not additional?
  9. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

Actually, since It get +2/+2 (from the 2 blockers) you would have to use 4 B to save your creatures and I would deal 4 damage and gain 4 life.
    1 to the Drudge and 3 to the nomads.
    This way your blockers live......
    So is that good for you..... this new combat sucks....
  10. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

So redirected dmg is "new" dmg for purposes of lifelink, right?

Yeah, I'll regen that additional time... Man, I had you at the brink too... just like my last game with rokapoke? Melkor? Man, it's been too long...

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Done

Hand: 2
    Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U) Plains x4
    (U,U,U,U,U) Swamp x5

(U) Nomads en-Kor (1/1; 0: The next 1 dmg that would be dealt to ~ this turn is dealt to target creature I control instead)
    (U) Drudge Skeletons (1/1; B: Regen ~)

Exile:

Mooseman: 7
    Battlefield:

(U) Plains
    (UTT) Swamp
    (U) Mountain
    (UT) Forest
    (T) Darksteel Citadel (L, Darksteel Citadel is indestructible. T: Add 1 to your mana pool.)

Vampiric Link (Whenever enchanted creature deals damage, you gain that much life.)

(U) Spined Sliver (2/2, Whenever a Sliver becomes blocked, that Sliver gets +1/+1 until end of turn for each creature blocking it)
    (S) Mindwhip Sliver (2/2, Each Sliver gains “2, Sacrifice this creature: Target player discards a card at random. Play this ability as a sorcery.”)

Exile:
  11. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

Untap, upkeep, Draw
    forest
    Done

Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U) Plains x4
    (U,U,U,U,U) Swamp x5

Exile:

Library: 21
    Battlefield:

(U) Plains
    (UUU) Swamp
    (U) Mountain
    (UUU) Forest
    (U) Darksteel Citadel (L, Darksteel Citadel is indestructible. T: Add 1 to your mana pool.)

Exile:
  12. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Swamp

Done

Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U) Plains x4
    (U,U,U,U,U,U) Swamp x6

Exile:

Battlefield:

(U) Plains
    (UUU) Swamp
    (U) Mountain
    (UUU) Forest
    (U) Darksteel Citadel (L, Darksteel Citadel is indestructible. T: Add 1 to your mana pool.)

Exile:
  13. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Done

Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U) Plains x4
    (U,U,U,U,U,U) Swamp x6

Exile:

Library: 20
    Battlefield:

(U) Plains
    (UUU) Swamp
    (U) Mountain
    (UUU) Forest

(U) Metallic Sliver (2/2, Metallic Sliver counts as a Sliver.) ~Linked in~
    (U) Mindwhip Sliver (2/2, Each Sliver gains “2, Sacrifice this creature: Target player discards a card at random. Play this ability as a sorcery.”)

Exile:
  14. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Whee!

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Swamp

Done

Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U) Plains x4
    (U,U,U,U,U,U,U) Swamp x7

Exile:

Battlefield:

(U) Plains
    (UUU) Swamp
    (U) Mountain
    (UUU) Forest

(U) Mindwhip Sliver (2/2, Each Sliver gains “2, Sacrifice this creature: Target player discards a card at random. Play this ability as a sorcery.”)

Exile:
  15. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

Whee! Again

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Done

Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U) Plains x4
    (U,U,U,U,U,U,U) Swamp x7

Exile:

Hand: 4
    Library: 19
    Battlefield:

(U) Plains
    (UUU) Swamp
    (U) Mountain
    (UUU) Forest

Exile:
  16. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Ha! Slinking Skirge

Done

Battlefield:

(T,T,T,U) Plains x4
    (T,U,U,U,U,U,U) Swamp x7

(S) Slinking Skirge (2/1; Flying; 2, Sac ~: Draw a card)

Exile:

Hand: 4
    Battlefield:

(U) Plains
    (UUU) Swamp
    (U) Mountain
    (UUU) Forest

Exile:
  17. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Ha! Dying Wail on Metalic
    Attack with Metalic
    Blocks? Remember it gets +1/+1 for each blocker

Battlefield:

(T,T,T,U) Plains x4
    (T,U,U,U,U,U,U) Swamp x7

Exile:

Hand: 3
    Library: 18
    Battlefield:

(U) Plains
    (UUT) Swamp
    (U) Mountain
    (UUT) Forest

Dying Wail (When enchanted creature is put into a graveyard, target player discards two cards.)

(T) Metallic Sliver (2/2, Metallic Sliver counts as a Sliver.) ~Linked in~~Wailing~

Exile:
  18. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Argg.... block with just the Skeletons and regen.
  19. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

So I gain 4 life.... woo hoo
    Done

Battlefield:

(T,T,T,U) Plains x4
    (T,U,U,U,U,U,U) Swamp x7

Exile:

Mooseman: 11
    Hand: 3
    Library: 18
    Battlefield:

(U) Plains
    (UUT) Swamp
    (U) Mountain
    (UUT) Forest

Dying Wail (When enchanted creature is put into a graveyard, target player discards two cards.)

(T) Metallic Sliver (2/2, Metallic Sliver counts as a Sliver.) ~Linked in~~Wailing~

Exile:
  20. Melkor Active Member

This game is going backwards