Sports League Season 1, Match 3: DarthFerret vs. Spiderman

D

DarthFerret

EOT I will cast annoint targeting your Warrior (with the buyback cost) thus destroying it.

Untap, upkeep, draw, Plains, Ekundu Griffin, attack with the Warriors, blocks/responses?

DarthFerret's Crusade: 14
Hand: 3
Library: 27
In Play:

(T,T,T,T,U) Plains

Enchant: Kinghthood (all creatures you control gain frist strike)

(U) Nomads En-Kor (1/1, 0: Redriect 1 damage to target creature you control)
(A) Warriors En-Kor (2/2, 0: Redirect 1 damage to target creature you control) **3/2 Equipped**
(S) Ekundu Griffin (2/2, flying, first strike)

(U) Golem-skin Gauntlets (Equip 2: Equipped creature gains +1/+0 for each equipment attatched to it)**Equiped to Warriors**

Graveyard:
RFG:

Spiderman's Bruiser Cruiser: 20
Hand: 2
In Play:

(T,T,T,U) Swamp x4
(T,U) Island x2

(U) Guardion Idol (~ CIP tapped. T: Add 1 to my mana pool. 2: ~ becomes a 2/2 Guardion artifact creature ueot)

(T) Roterothopter (0/2, flying, 2: ~ gets +1/+0 ueot. Play this ability no more than twice each turn)
(U) Phyrexian Broodlings (2/2, 1, Sac a creature: Put a +1/+1 ctr on ~)
(T) Squirming Mass (1/1, Fear)

Graveyard: Tar Pit Warrior
RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Wait, in response to the Anoint, I will tap B and sac it to the Broodlings, so your Anoint fizzles.

Responses? Does that change your attack or turn?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Attack with the Broodlings and Mass
Responses/blocks?

DarthFerret's Crusade: 14
In Play:

(T,T,T,T,U) Plains

(U) Nomads En-Kor (1/1, 0: Redriect 1 damage to target creature you control)
(T) Warriors En-Kor (2/2, 0: Redirect 1 damage to target creature you control) **3/2 Equipped**
(S) Ekundu Griffin (2/2, flying, first strike)

(U) Golem-skin Gauntlets (Equip 2: Equipped creature gains +1/+0 for each equipment attatched to it)**Equiped to Warriors**

Graveyard: Anoint
RFG:

Spiderman's Bruiser Cruiser: 17
Hand: 3
Library: 26
In Play:

(U,U,U,U) Swamp x4
(U,U) Island x2

(U) Guardion Idol (~ CIP tapped. T: Add 1 to my mana pool. 2: ~ becomes a 2/2 Guardion artifact creature ueot)

(U) Roterothopter (0/2, flying, 2: ~ gets +1/+0 ueot. Play this ability no more than twice each turn)
(T) Phyrexian Broodlings (3/3, 1, Sac a creature: Put a +1/+1 ctr on ~) *1 +1/+1 ctr*

Graveyard: Tar Pit Warrior
RFG:

D

DarthFerret

Block the Brood crew with the Nomads (yes they die), and take the mass (no choice there).

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Island
Befoul the Griffin

Done

DarthFerret's Crusade: 13
In Play:

(T,T,T,T,U) Plains

(T) Warriors En-Kor (2/2, 0: Redirect 1 damage to target creature you control) **3/2 Equipped**

Graveyard: Anoint, Nomads en-Kor, Ekundu Griffin
RFG:

Hand: 1
In Play:

(T,T,T,U) Swamp x4
(T,U,U) Island x3

(U) Roterothopter (0/2, flying, 2: ~ gets +1/+0 ueot. Play this ability no more than twice each turn)
(T) Phyrexian Broodlings (3/3, 1, Sac a creature: Put a +1/+1 ctr on ~) *1 +1/+1 ctr*

Graveyard: Tar Pit Warrior, Befoul
RFG:

D

DarthFerret

Arggh...(BTW..isnt annoint back in my hand?....i payed buyback cost?)

Untap, upkeep, draw, cloudchaser eagle, attack with Warriors, done.

Hand: 2 or 3?
In Play:

(T,T,T,T,U) Plains

(S) Cloudchaser Eagle (2/2, flying, When ~ CIP destroy target enchantment)

RFG:

In Play:

(T,T,T,U) Swamp x4
(T,U,U) Island x3

RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I sacced the Warrior to the Broodlings when you cast Anoint, so it fizzled and thus didn't resolve, so it went to the graveyard instead of your hand.

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Attack with the Broodlings and Mass
Responses/blocks?

In Play:

(T,T,T,T,U) Plains

(S) Cloudchaser Eagle (2/2, flying, When ~ CIP destroy target enchantment)

RFG:

Spiderman's Bruiser Cruiser: 14
Library: 25
In Play:

(U,U,U,U) Swamp x4
(U,U,U) Island x3

RFG:

turgy22

Nothing Special
DF: When the Cloudchaser came into play, I don't think you destroyed an enchantment. IIRC, the ability's not optional, so your Knighthood will go to the graveyard. Just ignore me if I'm wrong here.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You're not wrong, that's correct. Sorry I missed that. DF, if you want to take back the Cloudchaser play, that's fine with me...

D

DarthFerret

Actually, yes, would love to take that back. I thought the ability was optional.

Will have to give me the rest of today yet. Just got back from Dallas and I am swamped here at work.

D

DarthFerret

Only change is that instead of the cloudchaser, will cast out a steel shaper apprentice.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
So that's 4.

Horned Turtle

Done

DarthFerret's Crusade: 9
In Play:

(T,T,T,T,U) Plains

(S) Steelshaper Apprentice (1/3, W, T, Return ~ to its owner's hand: Search my library for an Equipment card, reveal it, and put it into my hand. Then shuffle my library)

RFG:

In Play:

(T,T,U,U) Swamp x4
(T,U,U) Island x3

(S) Horned Turtle (1/4)

RFG:

D

DarthFerret

Untap, upkeep, draw, Miraculous Recovery targeting the Ekundu Griffin,
Response?

In Play:

(T,T,T,T,T) Plains

(U) Warriors En-Kor (2/2, 0: Redirect 1 damage to target creature you control) **3/2 Equipped**
(U) Steelshaper Apprentice (1/3, W, T, Return ~ to its owner's hand: Search my library for an Equipment card, reveal it, and put it into my hand. Then shuffle my library)
(S) Ekundu Griffin (2/2, Flying, First Strike) **3/3 due to recovery counter**

Graveyard: Anoint, Nomads en-Kor, Miraculous Recovery
RFG:

In Play:

(T,T,U,U) Swamp x4
(T,U,U) Island x3

(S) Horned Turtle (1/4)

RFG:

D

DarthFerret

Done.

In Play:

(T,T,T,T,T) Plains

(U) Warriors En-Kor (2/2, 0: Redirect 1 damage to target creature you control) **3/2 Equipped**
(U) Steelshaper Apprentice (1/3, W, T, Return ~ to its owner's hand: Search my library for an Equipment card, reveal it, and put it into my hand. Then shuffle my library)
(S) Ekundu Griffin (2/2, Flying, First Strike) **3/3 due to recovery counter**

Graveyard: Anoint, Nomads en-Kor, Miraculous Recovery
RFG:

In Play:

(T,T,U,U) Swamp x4
(T,U,U) Island x3

(S) Horned Turtle (1/4)

RFG: