Sports League Season 1, Match 15: Rokapoke v. Melkor

Melkor

Deal 1 damage to you with Faeries at end of turn

Untap, Upkeep, Draw

Time Ebb on the Spider, Deal 1 damage to the Swarm with the Faeries, attack with Trooper, Templar, Scarecrow, and Woeleecher, responses?

Rokapoke: 6 5?
Hand: 3
Library: 31
Play:

(UUUU) Forest x4
(UU) Mountain x2

(U) Squee's Toy (T: Prevent the next 1 damage that would be dealt to target creature this turn.)

(U) Rootwalla (2/2; 1G: ~ gets +2/+2 until EOT. Play this ability only once each turn.)
(U) Locust Swarm (1/1; Flying. G: Regenerate ~. G: Untap ~. Play this ability only once each turn.)
(U) Needlepeak Spider (4/2; Reach) (on top of library?)

Graveyard:
RFG:
----------------------------------------------
Melkor: 14
Hand: 2
Library: 29
Play:

(T) (T) (T) Island x3
(U) (U) (U) Plains x3

(T) Soltari Trooper (1/1, Shadow, whenever ~ attacks it gets +1/+1 until end of turn)
(T) Capashen Templar (2/2, W: ~ gets +0/+1 until EOT)
(U) Watchwing Scarecrow (2/4, ~ gains flying if I control a blue creature, ~ gains vigilence if I control a white creature)
(T) Thornwind Faeries (1/1, Flying, T: ~ deals 1 damage to target creature or player)
(T) Woeleecher (3/5, W, T: Remove a -1/-1 counter from target creature. If you do, you gain 2 life.)

Graveyard:
RFG:

R

rokapoke

I'll pay G to regen the Swarm. I'll pay GR to cast Respite (1G Instant, Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt this turn. You gain 1 life for each attacking creature.).

So it seems to me that I gain 4 life then.

And no response to the Spider thing, unfortunately. So I have staved off death temporarily.

Melkor

Done

Rokapoke: 5
Play:

(UUUU) Forest x4
(UU) Mountain x2

(U) Squee's Toy (T: Prevent the next 1 damage that would be dealt to target creature this turn.)

(U) Rootwalla (2/2; 1G: ~ gets +2/+2 until EOT. Play this ability only once each turn.)
(T) Locust Swarm (1/1; Flying. G: Regenerate ~. G: Untap ~. Play this ability only once each turn.)
(U) Needlepeak Spider (4/2; Reach) (on top of library)

Graveyard: Respite
RFG:
Melkor: 18
Play:

(T) (T) (T) Island x3
(U) (U) (U) Plains x3

(T) Soltari Trooper (1/1, Shadow, whenever ~ attacks it gets +1/+1 until end of turn)
(U) Watchwing Scarecrow (2/4, ~ gains flying if I control a blue creature, ~ gains vigilence if I control a white creature)
(T) Thornwind Faeries (1/1, Flying, T: ~ deals 1 damage to target creature or player)
(T) Woeleecher (3/5, W, T: Remove a -1/-1 counter from target creature. If you do, you gain 2 life.)

Graveyard:
RFG:

R

rokapoke

You forgot my life gain.

Untap, upkeep, draw.
Hey, I've seen that before!
Needlepeak Spider.
Mogg Maniac.
Done.

Rokapoke: 9
Hand: 1
Play:

(TTTT) Forest x4
(TT) Mountain x2

(U) Locust Swarm (1/1; Flying. G: Regenerate ~. G: Untap ~. Play this ability only once each turn.)
(U) Needlepeak Spider (4/2; Reach)
(S) Mogg Maniac (1/1; Whenever ~ is dealt damage, it deals that much damage to target opponent.)

RFG:
Melkor: 18
Play:

(T) (T) (T) Island x3
(U) (U) (U) Plains x3

Graveyard:
RFG:

Melkor

Untap, Upkeep, Draw

Shoot the Mogg Maniac for 1, Ward of Lights on Woeleecher naming Green, attack with Trooper and Woeleecher, responses?

Rokapoke: 9
Play:

(TTTT) Forest x4
(TT) Mountain x2

(S) Mogg Maniac (1/1; Whenever ~ is dealt damage, it deals that much damage to target opponent.)

RFG:
Melkor: 14 13?
Library: 25
Play:

(U) (U) (U) Island x3
(T) (T) (U) Plains x3

Ward of Lights (You may play Ward of Lights any time you could play an instant. If it was played any time a sorcery couldn't have been played, it gains substance until end of turn and when it loses substance, sacrifice it. As Ward of Lights comes into play, choose a color. Enchanted creature has protection from the chosen color. This effect doesn't remove Ward of Lights.) Green

(U) Capashen Templar (2/2, W: ~ gets +0/+1 until EOT)
(U) Woeleecher (3/5, W, T: Remove a -1/-1 counter from target creature. If you do, you gain 2 life.) Ward of Lighted

Graveyard: Time Ebb
RFG:

R

rokapoke

Tap the Toy to prevent 1 to the Maniac.

Block Woeleecher with Maniac. Pure chump block. Take the Trooper.

Melkor

Maniac dies, I take 3, you take 2, done

Rokapoke: 7
Play:

(TTTT) Forest x4
(TT) Mountain x2

Graveyard: Respite, Mogg Maniac
RFG:
Melkor: 11
Play:

(U) (U) (U) Island x3
(T) (T) (U) Plains x3

Ward of Lights (You may play Ward of Lights any time you could play an instant. If it was played any time a sorcery couldn't have been played, it gains substance until end of turn and when it loses substance, sacrifice it. As Ward of Lights comes into play, choose a color. Enchanted creature has protection from the chosen color. This effect doesn't remove Ward of Lights.) Green

(T) Woeleecher (3/5, W, T: Remove a -1/-1 counter from target creature. If you do, you gain 2 life.) Ward of Lighted

RFG:

R

rokapoke

Untap, upkeep, draw.
Patchwork Gnomes.
Done.

Rokapoke: 7
Library: 30
Play:

(TUUU) Forest x4
(TT) Mountain x2

(S) Patchwork Gnomes (2/1; Discard a card: Regenerate ~.)

RFG:
Play:

(U) (U) (U) Island x3
(T) (T) (U) Plains x3

(T) Woeleecher (3/5, W, T: Remove a -1/-1 counter from target creature. If you do, you gain 2 life.) Ward of Lighted

RFG:

Melkor

Untap, Upkeep, Draw

Island, attack with Trooper, done

Rokapoke: 7 5?
Library: 30
Play:

(TUUU) Forest x4
(TT) Mountain x2

(S) Patchwork Gnomes (2/1; Discard a card: Regenerate ~.)

RFG:
Play:

(U) (U) (U) Island x3
(T) (T) (U) Plains x3

(U) Thornwind Faeries (1/1, Flying, T: ~ deals 1 damage to target creature or player)
(U) Woeleecher (3/5, W, T: Remove a -1/-1 counter from target creature. If you do, you gain 2 life.) Ward of Lighted

RFG:

R

rokapoke

Untap, upkeep, draw.
Forest.
Done.

Rokapoke: 5
Play:

(UUUUU) Forest x5
(UU) Mountain x2

(U) Patchwork Gnomes (2/1; Discard a card: Regenerate ~.)

RFG:
Play:

(U) (U) (U) Island x3
(T) (T) (U) Plains x3

(U) Thornwind Faeries (1/1, Flying, T: ~ deals 1 damage to target creature or player)

RFG:

Melkor

Deal 1 to you with the Faeries, update my fourth Island

Untap, Upkeep, Draw

Attack with Trooper, done

Rokapoke: 5 4? 2?
Play:

(UUUUU) Forest x5
(UU) Mountain x2

(U) Patchwork Gnomes (2/1; Discard a card: Regenerate ~.)

RFG:
Play:

(U) (U) (U) (U) Island x4
(T) (T) (U) Plains x3

RFG:

R

rokapoke

Untap, upkeep, draw.

Didn't draw an answer. The game goes to you, sir.

Good game. I hate Shadow...