Spikes, and Horns, and Tusks, Oh My! [EDH]

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
So I guess I wanted to use all the old spike creatures, but Spike Cannibal doesn't play nicely with the others, so I went Selesnya and figured Lathiel would be perfect. Then because a unicorn's horn is kind of like a spike and the deck would have spikes, I branched it out to be themed around various spikes, horns, and tusks. Also lifegain. So yeah, this is weird. But whatever. I think it'll work. Maybe I'll post an update here if it does or even if it doesn't.

Commander:
1 Lathiel, the Bounteous Dawn

1 Abundance
1 Archangel of Thune
1 Arid Mesa
1 Ashnod's Altar
1 Beacon of Immortality
1 Beast Within
1 Celestial Unicorn
1 Cleric Class
1 Congregate
1 Crop Rotation
1 Cultivate
1 Diamond Valley
1 Doubling Season
1 Elephant Graveyard
1 Enlightened Tutor
1 Eternal Witness
1 Felidar Sovereign
1 Fertilid
1 Finale of Devastation
1 Flooded Strand
1 Force of Vigor
10 Forest
1 Gaea's Cradle
1 Generous Gift
1 Genesis
1 Good-Fortune Unicorn
1 Greater Good
1 Hamza, Guardian of Arashin
1 Hardened Scales
1 Harrow
1 Heliod, Sun-Crowned
1 Idyllic Tutor
1 Kami of False Hope
1 Kodama's Reach
1 Lifeline
1 Light of Promise
1 Marsh Flats
1 Maze of Ith
1 Mindless Automaton
1 Mirari's Wake
1 Misty Rainforest
10 Plains
1 Pledge of Unity
1 Regrowth
1 Roiling Regrowth
1 Savannah
1 Serra Ascendant
1 Sol Ring
1 Soul Warden
1 Spike Breeder
1 Spike Colony
1 Spike Drone
1 Spike Feeder
1 Spike Hatcher
1 Spike Rogue
1 Spike Soldier
1 Spike Tiller
1 Spike Weaver
1 Spike Worker
1 Spirit Link
1 Splendor Mare
1 Spore Frog
1 Strip Mine
1 Sunbond
1 Survival of the Fittest
1 Swords to Plowshares
1 Sylvan Library
1 Sylvan Tutor
1 Temple Garden
1 Terastodon
1 The Ozolith
1 Verdant Catacombs
1 Vorinclex, Monstrous Raider
1 Walking Ballista
1 Winds of Abandon
1 Windswept Heath
1 Wooded Foothills
1 Worldly Tutor
1 Wrath of God
1 Yavimaya, Cradle of Growth
1 Zebra Unicorn

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Played this one twice so far. I need more results, because the ones I got were weird. First game I topdecked both Spike Weaver and Light of Promise right away, so I could have gained infinite life by turn four. I held off for a couple turns because it seemed safe, then did gain infinite life. Board wipes from an Aesi player slowed me down, but did nothing to stop the Kykar combo deck from going off, so he set up an infinite turns loop and won. In my second game with this deck, I got incredibly, implausibly mana-screwed and hardly did anything all game. So both games were extreme, but in different ways. I want to see this deck operate in a more normal setting.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
After getting some more games in with this deck, I really like how explosive it can be, but I also see that I set it up to have a pretty narrow range of options sometimes. In my last game, my opponents couldn't kill Serra Ascendant before I started stacking +1/+1 counters on it, so I wiped the table. But before that, I ran into a game where I couldn't attack without losing creatures, couldn't gain life without attacking, and couldn't accumulate +1/+1 counters without gaining life. Overall, it's been a fun deck, and I might keep it around for a while. We'll see.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Won my final game last night with Felidar Sovereign. I think this should be the next deck I take apart. It's been a blast, but it's had its share of wins by now, and I could use some of the cards for new decks.