Spidey vs Train CHK Draft

B

BigBlue

The Random # was 704. Spidey chooses whether he wants to pick first or choose to play/draw....

Spidey chose 666... Train chose 337....

Also, I'm assuming we'll be playing with ante? If not let me know... the other draft is... Or, if you want to change your ante card in lieu of this info, let me know that too...

T

train

I'm up to playing with ante...

wouldn't all games need to be run the same way, if we are to then match up against the other guys?:confused:

T

train

Moss Kami
Honden of infinite rage...

so spidey gets the commune...;)

(already spidey has a bounce mechanism!...:rolleyes: )

T

train

mothrider samurai please...

seeing winds - what kind of crap is that?!...

:rolleyes:

;)

T

train

spidey - don't you know UG, doesn't mix well?...

guess I'll take the rage...

B

BigBlue

By the by... I know this isn't the forum for this, but I'm looking for a quick answer from someone I trust (ergo one of you).... Why would you ever want to "splice" a spell? It sounds to me like if it was countered, they'd both be countered.... I suppose both effects go on the stack at the same time, which could have some advantage... but not a huge one... (This is the problem with being out of the loop for a while)....

Thanks.

T

train

vine kami...

splice allows you to improve a pell being played by adding the text from the splicing spell to the one being cast... but since the splicing card never leaves your hand, if the spliced spell is countered you're only out one spell and some mana... if it isn't countered you begin a "spell advantage" at least getting 2 effects for only 1 card...

502.40a Splice is a static ability that functions while a card is in your hand. "Splice onto [type or subtype] [cost]" means "You may reveal this card from your hand as you play a [type or subtype] spell. If you do, copy this card's text box onto that spell and pay [cost] as an additional cost to play that spell." Paying a card's splice cost follows the rules for paying additional costs in rules 409.1b and 409.1f-h.
Example: Since the card with splice remains in the player's hand, it can later be played normally or spliced onto another spell. It can even be discarded to pay a "discard a card" cost of the spell it's spliced onto.