Spidey vs train (CHK Draft Match)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe ;) pass. SoM's ability resolves, dealing 1 to the Deceiver, and Lifted By Clouds is on the Stack. Your priority, correct?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, now cast Crushing Pain on the Deceiver, triggering SoM's ability again which goes to the Kitsune... you have priority (down to 2 cards in hand)

T

train

Are you targeting the riftwalker or pious?... you can't target the riftwalker... so I'm assuming pious...

T

train

Untap, upkeep.. counter... Deal 1 to Spidey(6)... Draw... declare my intent to attack... spells... assuming pious... What lands have you tapped to this point? (5 more tapped)

Crushing pain on stack... trigger to pious? on stack... my riority awaiting update...

Spidey
Life: 6
Hand: 2
Graveyard: Peer Through the Depths, Desperate Ritual, Mountain, Glacial Ray, Lifted by Clouds
Removed From Game:
In Play:
(T, T, U) Mountainx3
(T, T, T, T) Islandx4

Tenza, Godo's Maul: equipped creature gets +1/+1. If it's Legendary, it gets an additional +2/+2. If it's red, it gains trample.

(T) Soul of Magma (3/3, whenever I play a spirit or arcane spell, SoM deals 1 to target creature, trample, equipped with Tenza)

(T) Sokenzan Bruiser (3/3, mountainwalk)

train
Hand: 4
Graveyard: Stone Rain, Silent-Chant Zubera, Lantern Kami, Silent-Chant Zubera
Removed From Game:
Lands: Plains(U), Plains(U), Mountain(U), Mountain(U), Mountain(U)
Non-Land Perm:

(T) Kitsune Riftwalker (2/1 protection from spirits and arcane)

(T) Pious Kitsune (1/2 upkeep, devotion counter. T, Remove a devotion counter: gain 1 life) (1 counter)

(T) Brutal Deceiver (2/2 1:Look at the top of lib. 2: Reveal top lib. If land, +1/+0 and first strike until eot. Once each turn.)

Honden of Inifinite Rage (Shrine - During my upkeep, deal 1 to target for each shrine I control.)

T

train

Untap, upkeep.. counter... Deal 1 to Spidey(6)... Draw... declare my intent to attack... spells... crushing pain on stack... trigger to pious on stack... my priority:

I'll play a devouring rage targeting the pious and sac-ing the brutal as the additional cost...

Spidey
Hand: 2
Graveyard: Peer Through the Depths, Desperate Ritual, Mountain, Glacial Ray, Lifted by Clouds
Removed From Game:
In Play:
(T, T, U) Mountainx3
(T, T, T, T) Islandx4

Tenza, Godo's Maul: equipped creature gets +1/+1. If it's Legendary, it gets an additional +2/+2. If it's red, it gains trample.

(T) Soul of Magma (3/3, whenever I play a spirit or arcane spell, SoM deals 1 to target creature, trample, equipped with Tenza)

(T) Sokenzan Bruiser (3/3, mountainwalk)

train
Hand: 4
Graveyard: Stone Rain, Silent-Chant Zubera, Lantern Kami, Silent-Chant Zubera, Brutal Deceiver
Removed From Game:
Lands: Plains(T), Plains(T), Mountain(T), Mountain(T), Mountain(T)
Non-Land Perm:

(T) Kitsune Riftwalker (2/1 protection from spirits and arcane)

(T) Pious Kitsune (1/2 upkeep, devotion counter. T, Remove a devotion counter: gain 1 life) (1 counter)

Honden of Inifinite Rage (Shrine - During my upkeep, deal 1 to target for each shrine I control.)

T

train

I take it all that mess resolves then and it would be game...

I was playing it cautiously because I figured you had something else in your hands...

I figured you had the crushing, once you used the lifted, to pick one off... but when you left the mountain open - I figured you might also have the unnatural speed in hand... which would be another arcane spell and would trigger another one from the SoM...

Really good game this second time... and you were short no mana even after the stone rain...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I had Unearthly something or other... the sorcery that negates 3 blockers :rolleyes:

Yeah, that ended up being a race... once you got that Shrine out, that helped make it more urgent. I was definitely lacking for creatures, but I had 3 or four coming up in the next draws.

So you're 2-0... I guess we can re-draft with Isty and jorael now...

T

train

you had unearthly blizzard...

Are Jorael and isty already done?... (I guess I could go check and see...)

truly a good race to the finish... :cool:

B

BigBlue

ok.... So.... give me some time to catch my breath today... I need to know some Rock/Paper/Scissors and a number between 1 and 10... plus draft first or play/draw choice?

... Hmmm.... now where did I put that spreadsheet? :) ...

EDIT - OK, I found it...

Train, which Ante card did you want?

Yosei, the Morning Star

or

Reweave

I'll be sending all of you your entire cardlists to get new ante selections... I've seen Jorael in other forums, so he's still around...

T

train

yosei please...

seems spidey and I anted cards of our opponents colors...

hmmmm....