Spanking of a Lifetime

Discussion in 'General CPA Stuff' started by WickedBoy6, Jan 9, 2003.

1. WickedBoy6 Captain of the Atog Army

I was using a Thallid deck I had an idea for I posted in an earlier thread against someone who was apparently playing an Elf deck. I didn;t notice it, but he was burning through his deck like it was nothing, but funally, he laid out a Masticore, then I saw his deck come to frutition: It produced FAST mana, burned through the deck with Recycle & Collective Unconsiousness to get to a Masticore, then toast the opponents creatures with the 'Core's ability, then attack with everything. This wasn't the actual deck, but it seemed like it was constructed in this manner:

4 Elvish Pioneer
    4 Fyndhorn Elves
    4 Fyndhorn Elder
    4 Llanowar Elves
    4 Multani's Acolyte
    4 Priest of Titania
    4 Collective Unconscious
    4 Recycle
    4 Survival of the Fittest
    4 Masticore
    20 Forest

Never was I spoanked so hard in a Magic game using a deck I thought had a lot of potential. If you wish, post our own story of a severe beatdown you recieved by another.
  2. train The Wildcard!!!...

Cursed Totem
    Color= Artifact Type= Artifact Cost= 2 MI(R)/6(R)
    Text (6th+errata): Players can't play creatures' activated abilities. [Oracle 2000/02/01]

That's about all I can do for you there... You'd both just have to work around it then...
  3. WickedBoy6 Captain of the Atog Army

That would stop the elves from making mana and the Masticore from pinging my creatures, but that would also cause my Thallids to be nothing more than 1/1 creatures for G. True that I could live off of spells for Saprolings, though, maybe I'd have a shot.
  4. train The Wildcard!!!...

You could splash red for goblin bombardment... or play crawlspace...