Sorry...

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
(I'm just going to write a quick note here)

Sorry I haven't been posting much lately. I've missed a bunch of threads that I would've liked to post to, but... well, haven't felt like it.

I'm having major problems with school (not people, or grades. Motivation, rather). By the time I get home, I don't feel like doing a single thing - go out with friends, program (probably my true passion), etc.

So, you probably won't see too many content/feature updates for a while. And you might not see me too much either.
(So, Founders: mind taking over some of my board managing duties? Like moving threads, for example.)

Anyway, hopefully I'll be back around Easter.
Sorry...

-mike

[Edited by Ed Sullivan (04-11-2000 at 03:29 PM).]

D

Dune Echo

Dude, I'll be happy to help in any way. Everyone needs a break once in while. I'll be happy to move threads around. I just try to avoid so people don't get confused.

M

Mundungu

Hey Ed, its cool to take a break ...

Do never give though and come back fresh and full of ideas. Especially since it seems that right now, the CPA is undergoing its adolescense crisis ..

G

Gryphonclaw

Ed, I hereby forgive you for having a life outside of this site.

Go ahead and take some time off. We all get burned out every now and then. If you get too "why bother" ish just go outside and get some fresh air, like a hike or something, that usually works for me.

I myself am in the clutch of exams, so I won't be posting or browsing as much as I was.

(That's what it takes to shut me up, University exams)

[Edited by Gryphonclaw (04-11-2000 at 03:37 PM).]

F

FoundationOfRancor

LOL then im sorry for the hacker post thing! Yeah man, take some time off! I usually read or sleep when im feelin low like that.

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Hehe, well. I think I already have to make an addendum to my post up there, regarding features. :)

I'm beta testing a new BBS called vBulletin. <tech talk>Its run by PHP, with a mySQL backend. A mySQL database is soooo much faster than a flat file database, such as the one the UBB uses.
</tech talk>
It has many more features than this board (amazing, eh?), including private forums, search (!!), and email capabilities, etc.

Hopefully I'll be able to convert all the messages and profiles over. So, just to let you know, THIS board will probably be down until approximately the 18th. But never fear, a better (hopefully) board will be replacing it.

Please bear with any problems, and let me know (either via email or the suggestion forum). I do understand that the other stuff requiring logins (rating, article replying) may not work completely -- hopefully I'll be able to fix that eventually. :)

Gryphon - why can't you have exams everyday?!? ;) j/k. Anyway, thanks for the advice. I'd go out and play some hockey if it didn't just.... snow?!?! WTF? (Only on grassy areas, but its APRIL!!)

Rancor - no prob. BTW, there's a program called Nuke Nabber you might want to use. I'll see if I can dig up the link sometime.

Everyone - Thanks! Didn't realize I needed permission to take time off here

-mike

T

The Magic Jackal

Hey, if you want to make give me the power to change threads and stuff, i'd be happy to do it. I won't kill people anymore, promise :)