Something to chew on :)

M

Mundungu

T2, Standard, UBC, MBC ....

Too short term tech to my taste .... I just start getting a grip on Saga's block and the next one is already gone.

So I stick to styandard, or even better, non type related decks, just adding some of the new cards that are an evident fit.

Avatar of Woe will be just great in multiplayer ! and also in my REc/Sur Deck.

A good opportunity to present (again!) my Rec/Sur deck (extended). It is built to be competitive in multiplayer as well as duel.

Green
4 survival of the fittest
4 bop
3 wall of blossom
1 spike feeder
1 sex monkey
1 deranged hermit
Black
2 recurring nightmare
1 Living death
1 Avatar of Woe
1 Nekrataal
1 Phyrexian Plaguelord
2 Vampiric tutor
4 Duress
Red
1 Squee
1 ghitu fireslinger
1 avalanche rider
White
1 academy rector
1 radiant's dragoon
1 peacekeeper (better than the weaver in multiplayer)
2 monk realist
1 monk idealist
Blue
1 opposition
1 Man o war
Gold
1 Sliver Queen
Artefact
1 Masticore
Lands
4 city of brass
4 reflecting pool
4 bayou
1 taiga
1 tropical island
2 savannah
1 scabland
1 badland
1 phyrexian tower
1 Volrath's Stronghold
1 Lotus vale

The deck plays mostly with all the control elements until it is in charge of the game.
Then pull out the opposition/hermit for the complete lock down and go for the kill with whatever you have on the table.

This deck gives you a lot of options each turn and is hard to play ( in my opinion ) but it is great !!

I am open for any opinion for SB.

G

galtwish

With so few lands and no way to get them back, I'ds suggest the following:
-1 Lotus Vale
-4 Duress (unless one of your regular play group really needs to be duressed)
-1 Monk Realist
+1 Cartographer
+1 Wood Elves
+1 Thrull Surgeon
+1 Savannah
+1 Thalakos Deciever
+1 Krovikian Horror

Don't be afraid to go over 60 cards, especially with Rec/Sur
I'd add another Rector, a Triskelion, and another Recurring Nightmare right away (unless of course, you don't have them)

erik

M

Mundungu

I keep the duresses in in case I play duel ...

Actually, I never had land problems but some creat to bring some lands back might be a good idea.
I'll check on the other creatures you mentioned (dont necesserally know all of them .. :) )

A

arhar

Hmmmmm.... In most playing groups, as soon as Survival hits the table, everyone starts targeting you :( Unfortunately, people recognize the power of it ;)

M

Mundungu

true, but I am a sneaky one ....
I start by hard casting some useful stuff and keep the survival until I have like 3 or 4 lands already, so that I can use it straight away ....

It actually happened often that I hard casted even the biggest creatures like slivoid queen ...

The living death is usually the "good" surprise in free for all ... (reason fo rthe duress in case there is a blue player) gives me the chance to catch control.

Needless to say that this works only for one game (but it works each week Ah Ah Ah)

The best format for that deck is emperor or two headed giant ...