Some thoughts on Darksteel cards..

R

Reverend Love

Well of Lost Dreams -
Artifact (R)
Whenever you gain life, you may pay , where X is equal to or less than the amount of life you gain. If you do, draw X cards.
159/165
It appears to be aimed specifically at white, to FINALLy put all those life gain cards to use.

Thought Dissector -
Artifact (?)
, : Target opponent reveals cards from the top of his or her library until an artifact card or X cards are revealed, whichever comes first. If an artifact card is revealed this way, put it into play under your control and sacrifice Thought Dissector. Put the rest of the revealed cards into that player's graveyard.
If history is to teach us anything Thought Dissector just won't make the cut...look at Helm of Obedience afterall.

Spellbinder -
Artifact - Equipment (R)
Imprint - When Spellbinder comes into play, you may remove an instant card in your hand from the game.
Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, you may copy the imprinted instant card and play the copy without paying its mana cost.
This card is just gonzo insane...especially for us mo-mo casual players who'll imprint stuff like..Ooh Vitalizing Wind, Searing Wind..or whatever!

Panoptic Mirror -
Artifact
Imprint -- , : You may remove an instant or sorcery card with converted mana cost X in your hand from the game. (That card is imprinted on this artifact.)
At the beginning of your upkeep, you may copy an imprinted instant or sorcery card and play the copy without paying its mana cost.
136/165
...WoTC..what are you thinking. Do you realize how much pain and suffering Ischron Scepter has caused in my play group? Well I do know one thing...my infinite turn deck utilizing Time Walk and Time Warp just got a WHOLE lot easier..thanks. :)

Myr Landshaper -
Artifact Creature - Myr (C)
: Target land becomes an artifact in addition to its other types until end of turn.
1/1
Green and Red land destruction just got a LOT easier.

Geth's Grimoire -
Artifact (U)
Whenever an opponent discards a card you may draw a card.
123/165
I've got a buddy who REFUSES to get off hand destruction. Even though we've seen all of it's 32 different flavors...thanks. Now we can expect him to feed his hand while destroying ours...2nd turn Dark Ritual fueled Geth's Grimoire ain' too hard ya know.

M

Mikeymike

Well of Lost Dreams - just seems downright evil. How easy is this to fuel? There are plenty of "Do nothing, gain life" effects in Magic that this works with. Not to mention good life-gain cards like Exalted Angel, Zuran Orb, etc.

I think I'll be trying this card out in a lot of different decks.

Thought Dissector - I share your feelings. Its a decent card, but I don't think its nearly dependable enough. I feel like too often it would simply be pulling Talismans, or artifact lands.

Spellbinder - Eh, I'm not sure. That a 7-mana commitment, 2 cards (itself and the imprint), and most likely 2 turns before it does anything. That said, it wouldn't be too hard to build around. I think I'd have to see it in action, it can be strong but it is might fragile.

Panoptic Mirror - So does that mean I can play sorcery copies during my upkeep? That's confusing, and seemingly over-powered (when looking specifically at TimeWalk - 2 card infinite turn combo). But it is very slow (5+ mana, plus 2+ turns) before it starts to generate real advantage for you (the first copy you would have played anyway, the 2nd copy starts to gain you advantage. Hmm, not sure about it.

Myr Landshaper - Its very cool, very evil or both. At the worst its very versatile, which in my book is always good.

Geth's Grimoire - Sigh, why did this card need to be printed?

EDIT - Changed 'would' to 'wouldn't' in Spellbinder thoughts.