Some songs you should be listening to

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

No, but it has the most consistent Toolgasmic power of any Tool song I have (I picked up Ænima).

These are songs you people should listen to, whereas the other post I made is songs most of you probably shouldn't listen to.

N

Nightstalkers

I prefer Techno myself, but thats because of the beat I make when traveling.

I do listen to whatever I pick up when I grow bored on the bus, train, or plane.

D

DÛke

Since we're updating and all...

My always-in-the-player stuff:

Enigma (new album on September 9)
Delerium
Balligomingo
Faithless
Waterbone
Trance Atlantic Air Waves
Dido (new album on September 9)
Schiller (new album at the end of September)
Richard Wagner
Yanni
Bach
Mozart
Beethoven
Carl Orff

Ferret

Staff member
My musical tastes vary w/ my mood. Some days I like to listen to old fashionned Rock (Rush, Floyd, Savatage, etc), sometimes I'm in the mood for some old school electronic music (Tangerine Dream, Jean-Michel Jarre, Synergy), sometimes I like powerful female vocalist/musicians (Tori Amos, Jane Siberry, Lorena McKennitt), and of course a little lite Goth (Switchblade Symphony, Faith and the Muse, Rosetta Stone).

I guess it's whatever my brain feels like...

-Ferret

"Listenning to Björk at the mo..."

A

Aku Necromancer

Main musical interests…

U2
Enigma
Ohgr
Delerium
Blue Oyster Cult
AC DC
Elvis
U2 (I apologize, it bears repeating)

also I have assortment of Movie Soundtracks...Mulholland Dr. Halloween, and Jackie Brown to name some of my favorites...

13NoVa

god the CPA listens to ****....

Him
Demonhunter
Luxt
Fairweather
Linkin park
powerman 5000
mudvayne
Suite 13
Lockjaw
Sketchy
Cynergy 67
slipknot
kottonmouth kings
ICP
orgy
snake river conspiracy

D

DÛke

Him
Demonhunter
Luxt
Fairweather
Linkin park
powerman 5000
mudvayne
Suite 13
Lockjaw
Sketchy
Cynergy 67
slipknot
kottonmouth kings
ICP
orgy
snake river conspiracy
I'm not sure on what basis I should call you an idiot - Linkin Park, Mudvayne...or, the best of them all, Sipknot...or...Powerman 5000. It's not fair: you give me so many options and make other members whom I will not mention, appear half-decent! You're either a child - a depressed one at that - or a very, very poorly brought up, and once again, depressed specimen of a so-called human. So-called. Mere. Wanna-be.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Originally posted by 13NoVa

Him
Demonhunter
Luxt
Fairweather
Linkin park
powerman 5000
mudvayne
Suite 13
Lockjaw
Sketchy
Cynergy 67
slipknot
kottonmouth kings
ICP
orgy
snake river conspiracy
This post is one of the biggest single craps I've ever seen on this site. I mean Mudvayne and orgy might be ok as far as I know, and Powerman 5000 isn't completely devoid of any interesting qualities, but that you say what we listen to is crap compared to this is funny. Thank you.

Originally posted by some idiot on other boards
PWNED.
{/script kiddie}

I bought Interpol's album today. It's sort of like a combination of early Talking Heads and Joy Division -- to the extent that it doesn't sound very original. Oh well, I still like it.

I also suggest "Candle" by Sonic Youth.

Ferret

Staff member
Originally posted by 13NoVa

Him
Demonhunter
Luxt
Fairweather
Linkin park
powerman 5000
mudvayne
Suite 13
Lockjaw
Sketchy
Cynergy 67
slipknot
kottonmouth kings
ICP
orgy
snake river conspiracy
How odd...I listen to none of those...

-Ferret

"All generalizations are bad!"

13NoVa

i forgot Godsmack lol

and yes i should have mentioned that it is MY opinion. everyone's taste in music differs. its kinda like how some people like mayonaise on sandwiches and some dont.

C

Chaos Turtle

Yeah, my little brother used to eat dirt when he was a kid too. :p

Has anyone mentioned Badly Drawn Boy? Good stuff.

B

Bob

Originally posted by Thallid Ice Cream Man

I bought Interpol's album today. It's sort of like a combination of early Talking Heads and Joy Division -- to the extent that it doesn't sound very original. Oh well, I still like it.
As far as I've heard from other people, Interpol is just a modern ripoff of Joy Division. heh.

I don't like to name tracks. i prefer to name bands. I listen to "old" stuff like Zeppelin, the Who, etc., but i also listen to newer altish stuff. I recently got a Mogwai album, Rock Action, and it's unlike anything i've ever heard. and i'd have to agree with TICM that Sonic Youth is pretty damn good. I want to get some stuff by Joy Division, too, and Slint.

If you like the whole "waves of distorted guitar noise" idea, check out Sonic Youth.

and I hate to tell ya, 13Nova, there isn't a single band on there I like. Godsmack pisses me off, because they're such a huge ripoff of Alice in Chains.

C

Chaos Turtle

Yeah, Sonic Youth is the schnitzel. Been around for quite awhile, too. I named one of my cats "Goo." Like, 10 years ago (he dead, now :( ).

A

Apollo

I mostly listen to punk, which isn't going to get a huge response here... buttttt

There's a song called "Up To Me" by Seven Nations... I don't know if anyone has heard of it, but it's my current favorite despite not being punk at all. They're vaguely Celtic with all kinds of cool instruments--I don't like all of their songs, but "Up To Me" is great, check it out.