• Thread starter Budget Player Cadet
  • Start date
B

Budget Player Cadet

Refuse UUU
Instant
Split Second
Counter Target Spell.
"I don't care if it was a perfect fireball; I don't care if you could back it up with a hundred counterspells. I won't take it."

Impulsive Battlefield
Land
T: Add R or W to your mana pool. Impulsive Battlefield deals 2 damage to you.
At the beginning of your combat phase, if Impulsive Battlefield is tapped, you may gain 2 life
Fight... or die.

Restore GG
Instant
Put target card in a graveyard on top of its owner’s library.
"Such a beautiful flower need not fade away; it shall be reborn."
-Entan, elvish lyricist

Exemplify 3W
Instant
Remove target attacking creature from the game. Creatures deal no combat damage this turn.
"Let that be a warning to the rest of you rabble!"
-Captain Bainhart

R

Rakarth

I like the idea of Impulsive Battlefield but I think maybe it should be soley red and add RR to your pool instead. Maybe you even need an attacker to gain the 2 life back as well?

B

Budget Player Cadet

A land adding two mana to your mana pool is crazy good; just look at Ancient Tomb. The attacker idea is a good one, I'll consider that.

R

Rakarth

I think it could work if the drawback was bigger, like the Hideaway lands from Eventide (I think, or Shadowmoor) so instead of attacking with one creature you must have two attacking to get the life back.

You could even go mental and add mana to your pool equal to the number of attackers you have :p it'd only be available for instants or abilities but I'm sure some interesting combos could be made.

Also, how would this work if you get more than one combat phase, does it just keep taking and adding life?

I was looking at Exemplify and I thought maybe you could put in an alternative casting cost. It came from your flavour text which I liked :) instead of paying the mana cost you remove a creature your opponent controls from the game but only for a turn (or until the end of this turn) in order to prevent the combat damage.

I just thought it went along with the text a bit more although I don't know how powerful this could be :p maybe the creature removed is the one with the lowest power or the highest power (making an example of the strongest/weakest) or let the attacking player decide?

The only problem is that you have all the bonuses come to the defender without any cost :D I can't think of an appropraite cost at the moment so I'll leave it hehe :)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Budget Player Cadet;274318 said:
Refuse UUU
Instant
Split Second
Counter Target Spell.
"I don't care if it was a perfect fireball; I don't care if you could back it up with a hundred counterspells. I won't take it."
Could this maybe be restricted to Sorcery and Instant spell, but then add abilities too?