Some nifty new stuff

I

Istanbul

Wall of Vitality 1WW
Creature - Wall
Flying
Wall of Vitality gets +0/+1 for each other creature you control.
0/3
The more righteous your army, the more readily it will protect you.

F

FoundationOfRancor

I like it. It could be more powerful though; I compare it to angelic wall. (Maybe 1W, or a 0/3 default?)

I

Istanbul

Well, it's -0/-2 from an Angelic Wall, and W more, but can be absolutely massive in the right deck...hmmm.

Okay. It's been edited now.

I

Istanbul

Nature's Boon G
Enchantment
Whenever a creature comes into play, that creature's owner may draw a card. Use this ability only once per turn.
More enlightened mages realize that their summoned forces can be good for more than fighting.

I

Istanbul

Badge of Honor 1W
Enchant Creature
As Badge of Honor comes into play, choose a color.
Enchanted creature gains first strike and protection from the chosen color, and doesn't tap to attack.
If Badge of Honor ever enchants a nonwhite creature, sacrifice it.
Living by a strict code of honor is restrictive, but it has its advantages.

I

Istanbul

Traitorous Giant 1R
Creature - Giant
Haste
During each player's upkeep, that player gains control of Traitorous Giant. Any player may pay R or 3 to prevent this.
R: Traitorous Giant gets +1/+0 until end of turn.
2: Traitorous Giant gets +1/+0 until end of turn.
3/3

E

Elrond

I like your ideas.

I really like nature's boon because green could use some more card drawing and it fits in with green's affinity for creatures.

I think the giant's pretty cool and costed right because of the drawback of losing it, also the fact that there are colorless activation costs makes that drawback worse.

Good Job. Keep them coming

I

Istanbul

Temporal Armor (1UU)
Enchantment
Creatures you control can't be the target of spells or abilities.
Sacrifice Temporal Armor: Return target creature to its owner's hand.

I

Istanbul

Karmic Balance 1WW
Sorcery
You may not play Karmic Balance if another card has gone to your graveyard this turn.
All players sacrifice creatures until they control as many creatures as the player who controls the least number of creatures.
All players lose life until they have the same amount of life as the player who has the least amount of life.
All players discard cards from their hand until they have the same number of cards in hand as the player with the fewest cards in hand.

I

Istanbul

Essence Siphon 1BBB
Sorcery
Target player chooses and sacrifices a nonland permanent.
You gain life equal to the casting cost of that permanent.
"The more power you have, the more I can steal." - Tzzak, Grosian summoner

D

DÛke

I think most of the cards here are just a bit above average.

Except Essence Siphon -- as a (former) Black player, I would pretty much enjoy Essence Siphon in my Wumpus decks. The casting cost is also perfect with three Black mana. One B for the sacrifice, one goes to the life loss, and one for the life gain. Good consturction.

Karmic Balance is a pretty good card too. But...
You may not play Karmic Balance if another card has gone to your graveyard this turn.
Is that supposed to be some kind of a disadvantage or something? It's not that effective. May I suggest:
You may not play Karmic Balance if another card has gone to your graveyard this turn, and if Karmic Balance is succussfully cast, you can't play spells for the remainder of the turn.
I think that gives the card a greater sense of...balance.

I

Istanbul

That's not quite the effect I'm going for. I need to work on reformatting that card...I'll work on it.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Nature's Boon
I think it would be better cc'ed at 1G, but I think it's not too powerful at G. At any rate, this card is fun.

Badge of Honor
Isny prasmatic lace, that card that does 1/3 of what this does, 1W? I suggest WW.

Traitorous Giant
Looks good, except the control cost of R. I think thats too low; it gives the owner of the card way to much control of the giant if the oppenent dosent have access to red. I suggest RR.

Temporal Armor
I compare this to Dense Foilage, the 2G card that prevents all creatures from being target by spells. The Armor protects just your creatures, and from abilties to. To boot, it's an unsummon seal. All this for just a conversion of 1 to U seems to powerful. I suggest a cc of 3U, or a cut of the unsummon seal ability.

Karmic Balance
I dont know about the power; I cant tell. A suggestion about rulings though; maybe for each ability you should say 'The Player with the lowest life when K.B. came into play"
It seems very confusing to me.

Essence Siphon
Somewhere Duke mentions that he likes the life loss aspect of this card....but I dont see any. Was your intention "You gain life and your oppenent loses life equal to the casting cost of that permanent" ?
Also, maybe it should be "non-land, non-enchantment" because black never has a way to deal with enchantments. I like the card as is, with the enchantment sacrifice....

Anyway...tell me what you think.

D

DÛke

My bad. I completely misread Essence Siphon. The casting cost should be changed to 2BB then. 1B for the sacrificing of any permanent (worse than Diabolic Edict at times), and the other 1B for the life gain. I think the card would look better and feel more right if it only cost BBB. Not much power comes with that, even when combined with Dark Ritual, because the card states "...non land permanent..."

I really like it.