Soldevi Digger

B

Benja83

I have a Soldevi Digger, artifact:

cost: 2

pay 2: Put the top card of your graveyard on the bottom of your library

I really don't know what's good about this card.
Is there any kind of strategie in wich this is a good card???

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I have it too but haven't really been able to use him effectively. Probably in a cutt-throat game of Type 1 you could set up some sort of recursion with it, but really I guess it's just a way to reuse your graveyard and hopefully combine it with shuffling or search effects to get the card out from the bottom of your library

J

Jigglypuff

I've posted this deck before but here's a deck that uses Soldevi Digger. I got this from Duelist magazine a long time ago (with minor changes because there are now better cards available)

The combo is: Enduring Renewal-Ornithopter-Phyrexian Altar-Soldevi Digger-Grinning Totem-Inheritance.

Okay, the Renewal allows you to return a creature that goes to the graveyard from play back to your hand. Ornithopter is a 0-cost creature. The Altar allows you to sacrifice a creature to gain one mana of any color. The Digger, well you know what that does. The Totem allows you to search your opponents deck and pick any card, which you can then play as if it was in your hand, and Inheritance allows you to pay three mana to draw a card when one of your creatures dies.

So you sacrifice your Ornithopter to the Altar and it will return to your hand via the Renewal. You do this three times and then you can draw a card. You keep doing this until you draw your entire deck. You then generate more mana and play a Digger and the Totem. You then generate even more mana and you play stuff from your hand and you can sack the Totem to search your opponent's library and get a card, which you can then play because the Altar allows you to get any color of mana. You then Dig the Totem back onto the bottom of your deck (which is empty) and draw it back again through Inheritance. You do this until you've played all of your cards and all of your opponent's cards. If you can't win after this, your opponents have some pretty bad decks.

EDIT: Every time one of the combo cards appears in Single Card Strategies, I'm posting this deck. Fair warning.

(- Steve -)

B

Benja83

This is cool!!!!
Gonna try this immediatly.
oh damn, don't have the right cards :(

T

TylersOnFire

you lost me jigglypuff....how long does this take to do. like does this combo work over the course of the whole game or what?? :confused:

J

Jigglypuff

The combo actually takes place on one turn. You need all of the combo pieces out. The entire combo starts with itself so you don't need any specific lands in play, just enough to play all of the combo cards (you can do this over the course of a few turns).

EDIT: 80th post!
(- Steve -)

K

Killerbob

Back in the old days, people used it with merchant scroll and ancestrall, to play there ancestrall 5 times (at least). It might be usable in recycle decks too. I think the most obvious use is in insane comboes, but I actually use it in my mono-white control deck.