So, what kind of work are you guys in?

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I'm still a student, progressing towards my Master's in Vocal Performance.

Ransac, cpa trash man

E

EricBess

Most of the older crowd already know what I do...I have a degree in Computer Science, which I use as often as possible to make things around me more efficient, but I work in Game Development for Upper Deck. If anyone has used the Mantis tournament software, I also designed that and wrote the initial couple of releases.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
EricBess said:
Most of the older crowd already know what I do...I have a degree in Computer Science, which I use as often as possible to make things around me more efficient, but I work in Game Development for Upper Deck. If anyone has used the Mantis tournament software, I also designed that and wrote the initial couple of releases.
You did that????? sigh..... I use that for the Yu Gi Oh events and sometimes at the big conventions.
It is getting better, but it has it's moments. I remember that the seat all option didn't exist and you had to do weird things so you could add players after you paired in a sealed event.
Do you get to go to the 10K or Pro Circut events?

BTW - I'm a data analyst.

E

EricBess

Mooseman said:
You did that????? sigh..... I use that for the Yu Gi Oh events and sometimes at the big conventions.
It is getting better, but it has it's moments. I remember that the seat all option didn't exist and you had to do weird things so you could add players after you paired in a sealed event.
Do you get to go to the 10K or Pro Circut events?
I eventually was pulled off the project because digital took it over and because I don't report to them...But I still consult and help with design issues. The original had to get out the door so quickly that we just needed something that worked. If I had free reign for a while, there are a lot of things I could add or improve. Still, glad to here it is being used. If you have anything specific you would like to see added, PM me. There is a huge list still, but I can occasionally get other stuff onto it.

I don't usually go to the 10K tournaments because I'm not in Organized Play anymore. I used to be OP for Latin America, so I went to the 10Ks we had in Mexico City. I've been to all but 1 of the Pro Circuits. I'll be in Anaheim judging the PC on Friday and probably head judging the Avatar tournaments on Saturday.

N

Nightstalkers

Hmm, I was thinkin' about gettin' into some of the basic programming classes to create a customized program for my watchmaking system... That's until I started messing with Access and... that's proven fruitless so far.

I'm so horrible when it comes to programming anything.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
This is probably in Classic Questions but...

I'm a mainframe computer programmer for the federal government. COBOL and a bit of assembler.

B

BigBlue

Systems Administrator here....

**Look at all us IT types... Is that why we like Magic?**

D

DarthFerret

lol KJ...

I am just a Waiter at Margaritas. It is a Mexican restaurant in Texas, and I am one of the two white guys that work there...(we also have 2 white girls...lol)

E

EricBess

Probably Chinese. All the Mexicans are working the oriental restaurants.

N

Nightstalkers

That and Taco Bell... McFondles... Wendies... Burger King...

I still haven't figured out how they can't get into Wal-Mart though... Oh wait, must be the wierd rednecks who work there.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I think Wal-Mart has some sort of insane method for hiring people. There is one around here and I applied for a job there back while they were still building the thing and supposedly had tons of openings. But they didn't call me back. I applied there two more times without ever receiving any word from them. And after seeing some of the people they DO hire, I'd think they'd be more than desperate enough to hire me (but of course, I'm no longer desperate enough to want to work there).

O

orgg

For a few months, I sold the burgers they wouldn't let me flip at a Backyard Burgers. I got fired, and now I hock DVDs and VHSes at a video rental agency. Less pay, but I enjoy it much more...

D

DarthFerret

To answer the question posed to me...yes, all of the others that work their are Mexican. Remember, I live in Texas, and the border is just right over there ------>

The most annoying thing is, I do not speak hardly any spanish, so it is a bit difficult, but I am learning.

Si', tendemos frijoles!

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I work in a warehouse, receiving in parts for locomotives and putting stock away with a forklift. It's kinda boring, but it's a living...:)