Snowfall

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I'm going to push for this to be banned in my playgroup. It's nothing short of insane just how many broken decks this has created. At only 2U to play, it can hit the board very early, and it's too easy to generate a constant supply of land to pay the upkeep for several turns, far too long for most opponents to handle. It becomes even more powerful in late game, generating large amounts of mana, especially in combination with any bounce spells like Boomerang or Capsize. It is easy to turn other lands into Snow-Covered Islands or even put out a few extras. When these factors are combined with enchantments that have cumulative upkeeps, like Mystic Remora and Illusionary Forces, it causes very degenerative gameplay...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Contamination and Snowfall, hmm...

I guess it would still need something like Nether Spirit though.

Snowfall decks can achieve something close to Contamination with Ritual of Subdual, which is better, unless I'm missing something...

O

orgg

Dis... Enchant, right heah.

Or you could become a naturalized citison.

If those arn't working because you don't have the colored mana avaible... there's always putting 'em on a stick.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
No decks using Naturalize were ever able to touch Snowfall with them, that I saw. Some with Disenchant did on occasion, but that still causes Mystic Remora to trigger if it is in play, which can be annoying. Seal of Cleansing worked well, but the dominant Snowfall build usually required them to kill Ancestral Knowledge before it was too late...

Enchantment-destruction heavy sideboards were sometimes created, but against four Mystic Remoras or Regrowth, it can still be a tough match...

A

Al0ysiusHWWW

Wow does anybody actually read cards, or just assume what he is talking about is true?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
When people don't include a card description and I'm not THAT interested in the card, I usually don't follow-up on it. But you're right, someone in Decks correctly mentioned that the extra mana could only be used to pay cumulative upkeep costs. :)

T

train

That extra mana could work very well with an upwelling - and power conduits...

Though it is only used for cum. upkeeps - you can run multiple cum. upkeep cards and be using the mana for them... That could be dangerous - as the conduit can add the removed upkeep counters to other permanents, and cause even more havoc...

"Every Card has a purpose... This one just happens to be flushing down the toilet when I'm done with it..." :eek: :D

O

orgg

He's talking about Snowfall with multiples of several mana-production altering effects.

If enchantments are a problem, try searching for a few Presense of the Masters, or Limited Resources. Both are white, and might help out against that one deck. Throw in a black vise or two, and the Snowfall player will have to let his deck's enchantments go away.

...or another possibility: Bounce his lands. Boomerang, Capsize, et cetera. The Snowfall isn't the real problem, now. It's the mana advantage he's getting from it and the mana screw he's causing all of you.

Even land destruction works against it. The key here is this: If you don't want him to play that deck, get everyone to build decks that work against his and simply beat him out of the game each time.

It should work more than half the time. After he starts getting offended, ask him to build or play another deck, that your group is sick of what his does to your playgroup.

Hopefully, he's willing to do that. I personally stop playing any combo deck when I kill the whole table with it. It's only fair, to me. It WORKED! YAE! *yawn*. Let's play again, let me grab another deck...

N

Nightstalkers

Originally posted by Spiderman
When people don't include a card description and I'm not THAT interested in the card, I usually don't follow-up on it. But you're right, someone in Decks correctly mentioned that the extra mana could only be used to pay cumulative upkeep costs. :)
Thats why you can click on all card names in my posts. Disenchanted? Dismiss the thought of ever having it hurt you. Why not contaminate your opponents with a little mind game?

Aha, I'll see what this turns out to be after I post it... I've got me card thing turned on the entire time.

Nightstalker Habuki

R

Reverend Love

When people don't include a card description and I'm not THAT interested in the card, I usually don't follow-up on it. But you're right, someone in Decks correctly mentioned that the extra mana could only be used to pay cumulative upkeep costs.

Hmm...I wonder whom this mystery person could be?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Originally posted by Al0ysiusHWWW
Wow does anybody actually read cards, or just assume what he is talking about is true?
Aw, why'd you have to call it? Now I'll have to move on to Dwarven Pony...