Snow 2014

turgy22

Nothing Special
I took the day off and have no regrets. Probably had about 4 - 5 inches when I woke up and the snow didn't stop until around 5pm. At least 8 inches when it finished. Not the sort of weather I'm willing to drive in.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Nice from my perspective... it only lightly snowed for an hour and then turned back to rain. Looks like possible ice tomorrow morning and the next snow is projected for Sunday or Monday.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ice overnight but turned to rain when I came in, but roads were still slippery. Saw a couple downed power lines, a tree, and lots of branches. Be careful everyone!

R

rokapoke

Got another snow day today... that's now two days of lectures I've been spared due to weather. The University of Akron is being pretty reasonable this semester!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Got word that our house lost power a couple of hours ago and with all the downed lines and ice, not sure when it's coming back. Crossing fingers that it's soon...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Got home last night, mother-in-law (who's from Florida) and wife are pretty cold so we book a couple of motel rooms. Go out to dinner, go back to the house to get my son's glasses, and power's back on :rolleyes:

Of course, if we had stayed, the power would have been off all night and we would've been freezing :)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, my parents in Portland Facetime'd me to show me the snow falling there :)

Got a light dusting yesterday, looking at more this Thursday-ish!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Could be a foot overall by tomorrow's end! I'm 99% sure work will be closed and who knows about Friday, so either I'll see you all then or on Tuesday (since Monday's a holiday)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
We were forecast for 8-10" Monday morning/day so work was closed, but ended up only getting 3-4". Boo...