Snake Deck

R

Revan

Yeah it's based off of the Champions deck. But what do you think of it? Does this pack enough puch to win or is it too defensive? I dont have any other snakes except for more of the ones below. Thanks as always :)

Lands:
24 x Forests too many?

Creatures:
4 x Tangle asp
2 x Orochi Sustainer
2 x Orochi Leafcaller
1 x Sosuke, Son of Seshiro
1 x Sachi, Daughter of Seshiro
3 x Orochi Ranger
3 x Matsu-Tribe Decoy
3 x Kashi-Tribe Reaver
2 x Kashi-Tribe Warriors
1 x Budoka Gardener
1 x Sakura-Tribe Springcaller

Artifact Creatures:
2 x Tangle Golem Not a snake I know..but might be nice to get out on the cheap and then nail them while they're blockers are tapped? I'm not sure.

Instants:
2 x Naturalize
1 x Wear Away
2 x Strength of Cedars

Enchantments:
1 x Serpent Skin needed? if not what to replace?
1 x Blanchwood Armor only have one unfortunately

Sorcery:
4 x Stream of Life

Please let me know what i can improve upon this deck. Thanks.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
If this is based off the pre-con, I think someone at Wizards did an article on improving it... I'll see if I can find the link. It's a place to start if no one else here gets to it (or additional ideas).

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Never mind... I looked and it's just building a snake deck on a budget, not improving the pre-con. If you're still interested I can get the link though.

R

Revan

Hypothetical situation:...(thanks by the way Spidey, sure I could use the link I'm always on a budget,lol) My opponent has three blockers out. I use Lure on a Tangle Asp or (any other snake with a triggered ability) do all the creatures die that block the Asp or tap if it's another card? Just thinking that if thats so..I'm going for 4 Lures,lol.

R

Revan

Spiderman said:
Thanks. Thoise links are helpful. my opponent is debating me that only one creature will be destroyed or affected. How do I prove this? He says because the Tangle Asp(for example) says "creature" not "creaureS" that only one blocker will die,lol. Any help explaining logic would be great,lol. :)

Well..I just found rule 410.9c and showed him. He doesnt believe the rule of the frigging game. Anyone playing in SC?LOL Rule 410.9c" An ability that reads "Whenever a creature blocks[this creature]" triggers once for each creature that blocks the named creature. Doesnt get more crystal than that. sigh

J

jorael

Just continue the game the next time your playing together and you have no life left. Say you "don't believe that rule". :)

If opponents are indifferent or ignorant of the rules, that's fine, but they sure can't ignore them...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Unless he's the only opponent around, why put up with it? Life (and games :) ) is too short to waste it...

D

DarthFerret

Agreed Spidey, I once had a player get mad and debate with me over a foreign card that I had (Time Elemental) and tried to say I was lying about what the card did. It was a french version that I could read anyway, but he could not. I just told him to believe me or quit playing. He quit the game, then one of HIS friends showed him a copy of the card written in english. He wanted to play another game with me. I declined.

R

Revan

Spiderman said:
Unless he's the only opponent around, why put up with it? Life (and games :) ) is too short to waste it...

Right abouth that. As soon as I find someone near here that's who I will play. By the way, check out my questions about the Goblin deck if you guys would. Thanks :)

D

DarthFerret

Revan, I am sure you have said at least once, but I am well-known for my forgetfulness (at least I think I am), where exactly are you located?

R

Revan

DarthFerret said:
Revan, I am sure you have said at least once, but I am well-known for my forgetfulness (at least I think I am), where exactly are you located?
LOL! Yeah I'm pretty well known for my memory too; or lack thereof that is. Greer, SC near Greenville, Spartanburg.

D

DarthFerret

well...that is a little too far for me to commute for a few magic games....lol.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
DarthFerret said:
Agreed Spidey, I once had a player get mad and debate with me over a foreign card that I had (Time Elemental) and tried to say I was lying about what the card did. It was a french version that I could read anyway, but he could not. I just told him to believe me or quit playing. He quit the game, then one of HIS friends showed him a copy of the card written in english. He wanted to play another game with me. I declined.
Well, honestly, that I can believe unless you had also showed him an English translation. I probably wouldn't take someone's word for it that a foreign card did what he said it did unless we were friends and had been playing for a while (obviously). The thing about Revan's case what that he showed his opponent the actual ruling that back him up and his opponent still didn't believe him...

:)

D

DarthFerret

True, i suppose. It galled me a bit to have someone think I was 'lying' about the ability of a card, but hey.

With Revan, well, I would definately strive to find another opponent. How can you play a game if both people will not follow the rules set forth for that game?