Slivers Storyline

J

Jaws10387

What would be the storyline in an all Sliver expansion like the one that FountainofRancor is posting card ideas for?

F

FoundationOfRancor

I am working on a storyline to my sliver set. I think im gonna go the lines where the world where Volrath got the slivers, it was a whole race. And they are intelligent, volrath just toned is down so he could control them better. Anyway, 1 queen breaks off from the hive and a civil war is founded. That may be how I do it...What do you think?

M

Multani

Tag Guard

I'll try to fit my story into yours...
In my story I could try to incorporate Volrath but..
in the story the slivers and a human race of artificrs are at war with each other. I could try to do the civil war thing so the story is 3-sided.

How about this summary.

The Slivers are at war with the Sanct. The Sanct are a race of human artificers, like the Thran. They hace a sacred cannon which keeps the slivers at bay. In the meantime they are trying to build up artifacts with massive weapon potential. The slivers however are adapting to the cannon and all out war is inevitable. The story could take place right before, during, and right after the war. The war is 3-sided. There are 3 forces. The Slivers, the Sanct and the sliver group that causes the Civil War because of Volrath.
Note: The sliver's plane is called Sliv.

Well, what do ya think? :D

F

FoundationOfRancor

I like it. I wanna change the name of the plane though, sounds dorky. And lets say that the Sanct are just making artifacts and new weapons as fast they can untill the slivers adapt. Meanwhile a sliver faction has broke off becuz they have a live and let live thing going on. oh, the slivers attack the Sanct cuz they want there resources. Some slivers dont want to attack them and wat peace, they break off (While fighting the orginal slivers). The sanct dont care though, they hate slivers. Meanwhile, Volrath and his dude are palying all 3 sides of the war with a promise of who wins get to go to a promised land of "never ending resourses"

Your thoughts? Multani, get aol AIM! we can talk about this cool block on there!

M

Multani

Tag Guard

Yeah the name is dorky. I don't like it either.
Also, How about Volrath just goes to the peace slivers faction.
This would tie into your idea of having Volrath go to a sliver queen and the Civil War thingy.
Sorry. I never did get Aol AIM figured out.
We could do this over e-mail or private messaging.
I'll e-mail you with another longer summary and a brain-storm for the story.
Reply with you e-mail addy.
My addy is: navigator_f22@yahoo.com

J

Jaws10387

Go to http://www.aol.com
in a big blue box that says check your mail there is a link that says AOL Instant Messanger click it
click the button that says Get It Now!
then enter your desired screename and choose a password
then download the service but don't close the window
then go to the file you just downloaded
install the service
then go to the screen that you left open
scroll down
there is a link that says add screename or something like that click it
Congradulations Now You Have AIM Service

F

FoundationOfRancor

My email is at caseyseiter@caseysmail.com

Im going on a 13 day vacation on sunday, so lets put it on hold before I get back. In the meanwhile think of how to complecate our story some, eh? I think thoguh that volrath, (or, since everyone is sick of volrath, we could bring in the evincar before volrath..we'd have to make him up) Anyway, i like him playing all 3 sides and jsut take the winner cuz thats what phyrexia would do.....agree?

M

Multani

Tag Guard

Ok FoR. I'll try and come up with a story in 2 week. No guarentees and it's going to be close.
As for the Volrath thing, I think I can ask my friend who was the envicar before Volrath...

Have a nice vacation! :D

G

garfobo

I dont think the Slivers should want peace. I think it should be the Sancts that want peace. Slivers are brutal man, dont town 'em down.

J

Jaws10387

If we are making this into a set shouldn't we should have someone write a book about the storyline?

F

FoundationOfRancor

Ok, I think that to make the sliver story plot more intersting, both Volarth and the old envincar (Whom we have to make up) are recruiting slivers becuz there fighting over rath and they both want shocktroop slivers. so theres

-Bob (Old evincars name for now)
-Volrath
-Bobs slivers hes trying to recruit
-Volraths slivers hes trying to recruit
-The original sliver hive
-Breakaway sliver faction that wants peace (and is green)
-Sanct

Good?

M

Multani

Tag Guard

Envicar before Volrath is Davvol. Got it from a card.
Let's just say that Davvol wants to recruit the breakaway sliver's faction. And lets say that the rouge faction wants to control the main hive. Thus we have a 3-sided war.

F

FoundationOfRancor

But in the book rath and storm volrath says he had a great war with the old envincar of rath and he won. Then in book 4 of the urza thing davvol dies without ever meeting volrath. therefore another evincar must be between davvol and volrath